Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

FA Cup 2018

4 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

What are the chances of us actually beating Chelsea :ph34r:

We did pretty well at Stamford Bridge! We rise to these occasions and seem to play well against their style. They will likely be quite fatigued post their Barcelona match and likely feeling the pressure having presumably being knocked out the Champions League (hoping they perform well tonight, incidentally, as it will be good for us if they go into the match before ours with something to fight for and tire themselves out!). We will be much more fresh and hopefully will have a lot more stability in the squad in terms of Mahrez and hopefully Silva will be more embedded into the first team by then. 

• Like 1

Don't rule out Swansea beating Spurs.

Swansea are one of the form teams and in 4 weeks time they could have enough points on the board to field a full strength line-up while Spurs will inevitably mix it up with Champions league commitments.

That's a tough quarter final for Spurs (of course Swansea need to beat SW first)

Edited by Stevosevic

45 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Will be tv, Man City Southampton would have been better for ratings than Wigan v Saints...our game is now the main match so be interesting whether it’s on BT or BBC

Yep they're all on TV. 

Just a question of which day and whether it's the early or later slot.

23 hours ago, The Doctor said:

That tweet is obviously suggesting there is though. 

Not on this though, it was high and excessive force. If chillwell does that Saturday, you're all calling him a stupid kid to have made that challenge, not complaining it wasn't red.

Theyd be saying things like:

"It was a 50 50 he had to go for that"

"He got the ball there!!!!"

"The studs were not up it was just a forecful challenge"

"That twat maddley had a yellow card out and then changed his mind the cnut"

"The referees are crap and inconsistent"

You know they would

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

Yep they're all on TV. 

Just a question of which day and whether it's the early or later slot.

Man U and Chelsea playing in the champions league so I'd say the Sunday looking likely for both games.

Handy that neither of the London clubs got a home tie on St Patricks Day what with a certain game on at Twickenham that weekend.

Edited by Blue ROI

24 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Man U and Chelsea playing in the champions league so I'd say the Sunday looking likely for both games.

Handy that neither of the London clubs got a home tie on St Patricks Day what with a certain game on at Twickenham that weekend.

Ties to take place between 16-19 so only 1 per day?

2 hours ago, Donut said:

Theyd be saying things like:

"It was a 50 50 he had to go for that"

"He got the ball there!!!!"

"The studs were not up it was just a forecful challenge"

"That twat maddley had a yellow card out and then changed his mind the cnut"

"The referees are crap and inconsistent"

You know they would

Absolutely there'd be more than a few getting irate at the ref seeming to change his mind about giving a yellow, but most would still accept it as blatantly idiotic defending.  Tinted glasses means you'd probably get a few more people agreeing with you than you do now but I think you're vastly over-exaggerating that effect.

43 minutes ago, notnow john said:

My bad.

Thought it was 2 each on the Saturday and Sunday.

Sunday still likely though with Chelsea playing Barca on the Wednesday.

Suits me fine if its Sunday. Over in Ireland we have the Club All Ireland GAA finals on St Patricks day between 2 and 6. Big events so be nice for once to have Leicester out of the way for it!!

one for Pep, Aguero, and the owner and true blue fans of that “City” up north.

Did you cry when Wigan scored

Did you cry?

Did you throw boards at the coppers

When your little streak ran dry?

Why howl for the quadruple

When you can’t count that high?

Did you cry when Wigan won

Did you cry?

Did you moan about rough tackles

Did you moan?

Did it raise your little hackles

When you got some of your own?

Did you lose it in the tunnel

Cause there’s a player you can’t buy?

Did you cry?

Did you punch that supporter

by the kop?

Like the neck of that poor Hammer

got your best karate chop?

Oil money can’t buy class

But it sure bought your big ass

Did you cry?

Did you buy all the best players?

Did you try?

Did you pay a billion Euros

But they kept the Cup supply?

You may own half the planet

But you can’t own Football, dammit

Did you cry?

10 hours ago, notnow john said:

Not necessarily, Most likely is 2 Saturday (12:30 and 17:30) and 2 Sunday (13:00 and 16:00?) or 1 Sunday (16:00) and 1 Monday (19:55).

As someone said, us and Utd will be Sunday/Monday games with the other two probably Saturday.

Then again, I'm just having an educated guess. Would love us to play 12:30 Saturday after Chelsea played Barca on the Wednesday but it really isn't likely.

My prediction:

Wigan vs Southampton 12:30 Saturday
Swansea/Sheff Wed vs Tottenham/Rochdale 17:30 Saturday
Man Utd vs Brighton 13:00 Sunday
Leicester vs Chelsea 16:00 Sunday

3 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Not necessarily, Most likely is 2 Saturday (12:30 and 17:30) and 2 Sunday (13:00 and 16:00?) or 1 Sunday (16:00) and 1 Monday (19:55).

As someone said, us and Utd will be Sunday/Monday games with the other two probably Saturday.

Then again, I'm just having an educated guess. Would love us to play 12:30 Saturday after Chelsea played Barca on the Wednesday but it really isn't likely.

My prediction:

Wigan vs Southampton 12:30 Saturday
Swansea/Sheff Wed vs Tottenham/Rochdale 17:30 Saturday
Man Utd vs Brighton 13:00 Sunday
Leicester vs Chelsea 16:00 Sunday

Just noticed Sky have a Friday night Prem game and BT a Saturday evening Prem game. May limit the FA Cup to be 12:30 Saturday, 2 Sunday and 1 Monday. Depends if Sky/BT allow clashes of fixtures with Prem and FA Cup. Highly doubt that.

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Just noticed Sky have a Friday night Prem game and BT a Saturday evening Prem game. May limit the FA Cup to be 12:30 Saturday, 2 Sunday and 1 Monday. Depends if Sky/BT allow clashes of fixtures with Prem and FA Cup. Highly doubt that.

Replace Monday with Saturday 7:45. Can't be on Monday due to the break.

4 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

FA Cup games clash with Prem games on Sky quite often. Can remember Chelsea v Man Utd on Sky clashing with an FA Cup semi final in 2015, and Liverpool v Palace in the league clashed with Arsenal v Man City in the cup last year. Also the Friday night prem game is Spurs v Newcastle, will be cancelled when/if Spurs beat Rochdale and get into the quarter finals. Or hopefully Rochdale will smash up Spurs!

50 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

FA Cup games clash with Prem games on Sky quite often. Can remember Chelsea v Man Utd on Sky clashing with an FA Cup semi final in 2015, and Liverpool v Palace in the league clashed with Arsenal v Man City in the cup last year. Also the Friday night prem game is Spurs v Newcastle, will be cancelled when/if Spurs beat Rochdale and get into the quarter finals. Or hopefully Rochdale will smash up Spurs!

Clearly I have done half a job trying to figure that stuff out, I'll just wait til they confirm it...

Also, I missed the fact Man U play Tuesday CL so a Saturday game is no problem for them.