Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

FA Cup 2018

Fantastic game of football....well done Wigan. 

Shame to see the pitch invasion at the end, I’m not a fan of pitch invasions personally. I find it uncomfortable to watch losing players surrounded and taunted like that. 

Disgraceful behaviour by Man City fans at the end too. I think the money and victories have got to their heads. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Mister said:

Great to see Manchester City out. At least they have no quadruple to chase, and it keeps Manchester United's Treble achievement intact.

I agree with you. Pep  deserves a lot of credit for putting together a fantastic team that sticks to his principles. But had they achieved the Quadruple it would have left a sour taste because of the amount of money they have spent to assemble the squad. To be fair, Man United have also spent a crazy amount, but Man City have spent billions since their owners came in. We as football fans need to believe that it's not *just* money that wins trophies. Something we proved in 15/16 and which Wigan have proved tonight. It's a victory for football!

Man United were lucky with their treble (Bergkamp missed pen in FA Cup, Bayern hitting the post twice in the UCL final), but that team deserves a lot of credit for having lots of home grown players and smart acquisitions (Schmeical and Solskjaer were bargains). Man City may yet achieve the same feat or better it in seasons to come, but I'm glad it's not this season!

We have a great chance now but can't take Chelsea for granted! And also I hate to say it but if Spurs get through to the semi-finals they essentially have 2 home games to win the thing. Kind of unfair!

• Like 2