Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

29 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Maybe we should try and tie him down to a new deal. £150k a week 4 year deal insert release clause of 90million. Then none of this ****ing about every window, if someone wants him they pay 90million

No chance he'll sign a new deal 

• Like 1

Just now, Countryfox said:

I know what you are saying ...    if Pep came in for me I’d probably want to go there as well ...   but ...   if he REALLY wanted him he knew the price and at that price we would have probably let him go.  

I know mate, but last year that price was £50m. They offered £65m today and that was declined.

You can see why he is pissed off but that doesn’t excuse his behaviour.

14 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I understand we can’t sell for that price this late in the window and delighted we might get to see him play but I do feel a bit sorry for him.

I know I will get floods of replies saying he signed the contract, £100k per week etc etc but imagine you get a chance to be managed by Pep and a chance to win the quadruple and that gets denied.

Really hope he can motivate himself to get back to the level that he has been at this season.

Kind of expecting him to sign a new contract with a release clause inserted.

I understand he wants to go but he's going the wrong way about it. Not turning up for training and pissing team-mates off is not going to get you the move (or it shouldn't). 

It is tough for him but he needs to accept now that it won't happen and carry on playing well for us. He is in danger of putting people off with this behaviour.

18 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

If our fans turn on Riyad, his value will be drop further

Yes let's really get behind a cvnt that wants out. I really can't fault his ability. But his attitude is shite. He don't deserve respect when he shows none. Good bye mahrez hope you gwt your move so you cant piss off loyal players. Seeing you on the bench next season will be funny. The sad thing is after your antics I don't see clubs rushing in for you.

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

I understand he wants to go but he's going the wrong way about it. Not turning up for training and pissing team-mates is not going to get you the move (or it shouldn't). 

It is tough for him but he needs to accept now that it won't happen and carry on playing well for us. He is in danger of putting people off with this behaviour.

I agree with everything here, just saying it’s easy to have your head turned.

Ive had it in my work, returned from a career break and within 2 months I got contacted by another manager offering me a better opportunity and I was told I couldn’t do it. 

Nobody wins if he either doesn’t play now or plays shit.

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Yes let's really get behind a cvnt that wants out. I really can't fault his ability. But his attitude is shite. He don't deserve respect when he shows none. Good bye mahrez hope you gwt your move so you cant piss off loyal players. Seeing you on the bench next season will be funny. The sad thing is after your antics I don't see clubs rushing in for you.

I feel the same way, just stating a fact that if our fans turn on him like Stones at Everton it will force a cut price deal in the summer. I think majority want him gone but hope club works out a way to get the dough we deserve for him 

5 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I feel the same way, just stating a fact that if our fans turn on him like Stones at Everton it will force a cut price deal in the summer. I think majority want him gone but hope club works out a way to get the dough we deserve for him 

I admire our owners for sticking it out. But I do think he would have been better gone. He will upset the dressing room. £65m was double the summer offer. After his antics I really don't see us getting more now. Clubs will worry he will throw his toys.

I reckon our 'status' has gone against Mahrez leaving too.

He's looking to go on to bigger things but there's not much of that about. The top 5 in England (I'm excluding Spurs as he would earn the same as here and London is a more expensive place to live so he would lose out if anything) and Barca, Real, Bayern,PSG are the only clubs that you could say are way way bigger than us right now and these are the clubs he is pleading to join.

This is far removed from the days of Heskey and Lennon (MON even). At our last peak back in 2000/01 we sold players we wanted to keep and it wasn't until Kante went to Chelsea that it happened again. Players could have gone to 50 clubs over us back then but the options are narrower now.  We are one of the top 8 clubs in the league and can get decent players more so than clubs below us in the table.

Mahrez was going the right way about getting a move but he's made a right hash of it again today. He might not have high opinion of us right now but he was leaving the club in a real dilemma with a bid this late. He's gonna feel sore about missing out on a 50% wage increase in the morning but we've paid him 100X more than what he got in Ligue 2. He might not realise it but he has it pretty good.

I admire our owners for sticking it out. But I do think he would have been better gone. He will upset the dressing room. £65m was double the summer offer. After his antics I really don't see us getting more now. Clubs will worry he will throw his toys.

As someone else has mentioned, this is probably bigger than Mahrez, this sets a president that the owners wont be bullied into letting a player go under their valuation and lets face it, due to the Coutinhio fee if we wanted to buy a replacement for him, their fee would also be inflated.

I'm sure Puel and the owners know the player better than we do and made a decision based on that. I'm sure the players were annoyed tonight and I reckon it affected their game which is a real shame but I'm sure it will be smoothed over and Riyad will be back to his best on Saturday

10 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Yeah that will build the squad for sure. Throw your toys out the pram and walk back in. Excuse my French but fvck off that will destroy squad harmony.

Surely nothings changed, the players know that Riyad wants away, I'm sure he's not the most appreciated player in the squad by certain players but they're pros and it's their job so I'm sure they'll just move on from it after a clear the air meeting

Players might think they hold the upper hand but they don't. Contracts have to be respected. They club can banish him to the juniors for 2.5 years and then take legal action against him tying him up in litigation for another few years.

.He should get himself back onside with the Manager, the Players and the Club and earn his release in the Summer.  If he's good enough one of the big two will pay the Fee no problem.

Do we know how he is reacting? 

We have (Sun) comments ffrom a "close Friend" who conceivably doesnt speak english as a first language, who says he is is "depressed" and doesnt understand why he couldnt go.

Ill wait to hear comments from the club and the player and then watch to see how the player performs when on the park in a Leicester shirt.

Im pleased our owners have drawn a line and shown the world we are a serious club, with serious intent.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Players might think they hold the upper hand but they don't. Contracts have to be respected. They club can banish him to the juniors for 2.5 years and then take legal action against him tying him up in litigation for another few years.

.He should get himself back onside with the Manager, the Players and the Club and earn his release in the Summer.  If he's good enough one of the big two will pay the Fee no problem.

lollol really? Your leagal argument would never stand up. He's a poty and international. He would claim he was happy to play for us but wanted away. He would counter sue claiming we restricted his earnings and walk away with a win.

lollol really? Your leagal argument would never stand up. He's a poty and international. He would claim he was happy to play for us but wanted away. He would counter sue claiming we restricted his earnings and walk away with a win.

How the hell could he argue against a contract he signed to play for the club for 4 years irrelevant of how talented or wanted he'd become.

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

How could we restrict his earnings when he's on Contract. He could be sent on Gardening leave.

The reason the club  sue him for doesn't matter. They could just tie him up in litigation for years. While his career crumbles through pressure etc.

35 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Furious with Riyad. Surely he can see 50m being spent on inferior players to him and see their offers were never serious?

He let his teammates down and he let all of us down.

This, really. If I were him I would be somewhat insulted that Man City felt that I was only worth £65 million, and didn't feel strongly enough about me to pursue me earlier in the window - when I was clearly available for the right price, and they went out and spent £110+ million on defensive players!

Edited by UPinCarolina
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

This, really. If I were him I would be somewhat insulted that Man City felt that I was only worth £65 million, and didn't feel strongly enough about me to pursue me earlier in the window - when I was clearly available for the right price, and they went out and spent £110+ on defensive players!

Exactly. To then be paid more money a week than most of us earn in 2 or 3 years by the club who made you and not even travel with your teammates...

I'll always love him for his magical skill, but I'm done with the bloke after today.