Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

2 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Exactly. To then be paid more money a week than most of us earn in 2 or 3 years by the club who made you and not even travel with your teammates...

I'll always love him for his magical skill, but I'm done with the bloke after today.

The non-traveling thing is what absolutely irks me. I can understand being upset about not getting a move to a Man City side on some level, but to not play? That's absolutely selfish. The only way I find that appropriate is if he was directed by LCFC not to travel.

3 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Has he actually said this? Source other than Gary spouting off what he read on twitter?

just seen where it is said, and its in the mirror....the mirror, though it didnt come from Riyad, only the mirror themselves from the look of it

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/riyad-mahrez-very-depressed-after-11948726

take it with a pinch f salt, its the mirror, where John Cross writes, where he predicted us to go down and we won the league:ph34r::rolleyes:

Edited by FrankieADZ

17 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

So what do we do with him? Agree with his agent to go find a summer transfer deal on the clear understanding he honours his contract in the interim? Any similar examples that ended well?

If he didn’t turn up to training without consent we should start by fining him some wages and go from there. He’s really insulted the club this week. Deserves punishment.

• Like 1

In a way I feel a bit sorry for him - he clearly wants to move on, and was hugely humiliated after the summer fiasco.  But equally he's got to understand that an offer on deadline day is never going to go well, because it leaves Leicester no time to find a replacement.  We had our fingers badly burned with the Drinkwater/Silva mess, we're not about to let that happen again.

Also I think the big clubs have got a bloody cheek trying to get our players at knock-down prices.  If Man City had been trying to buy him from Arsenal or Chelsea I bet they'd have offered way more.  They reckon because we're just Leicester, we'll give our players away.

Is anyone else slightly worried at how many players we've loaned out?  I know they were subs-bench players, but even so, it leaves us with few alternatives if there are injuries (or sulks!!)

Funny how he wasn’t ‘depressed’ at Leicester a couple of weeks ago. Depressed! Give me a ****ing break!

Lost any last bit of respect I had for him. Hope he gets a rough time in training if he can drag himself out of his mansion to get there

All this crap about how we should’ve just been grateful to make a nice tidy profit on him gets on my wick

We spotted him

We developed him

We paid him 

We supported him

We committed to him financially in the long term

To my mind that means that we are entitled to what we think he’s worth and not a penny less.

• Like 4

Just now, Mike Oxlong said:

All this crap about how we should’ve just been grateful to make a nice tidy profit on him gets on my wick

We spotted him

We developed him

We paid him 

We supported him

We committed to him financially in the long term

To my mind that means that we are entitled to what we think he’s worth and not a penny less.

Exactly. We held all of the cards all of the way through. He’s our player, they’ve waited until the last couple of days of the window to unsettle our player. They’ve made a derisory offer, we’ve rejected and stated what we’d accept for him and they’ve declined. Nothing more to be said!

They can say they’ll be back in the summer but they’ll still have to meet our valuation as he’s got 2 more years on his current deal. Proud of the club for not being bullied by Man City one Riyad and his representatives 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

If he was that desperate to leave he should have put a clause in his contract.  He should be pissed off with his agent not with the club.

Exactly.. incredibly bad advice to put in a transfer request when his agent would have known the two clubs were probably £40m apart in their valuation.

Couldn't give a flying **** who it's that came in for him or how much he wants to sulk about this. If the club doesn't pay the fee they don't get him. That simple. 

Does he not realise he's a panic buy to be benched (at best) in 6 weeks? Had he really been a long term target he'd be gone. Man city would have identified him at the start of the window and ultimately come to an agreement on the fee. They didn't really want him. 

Ultimately the conversation at man city has gone along the lines of "we need an attacking player that's not champions league cup tied that can come into the premier league straight away" someone's said to pep "how about mahrez" and peps gone "yea he's ok... doesn't fill me with excitement though, if you can get him go get him but don't go all out" 

If mahrez can't see that. Well he's more of a fool than I already think.

• Like 4

He can rot on the bench for all I care, we’re not losing anything by not selling him, it’s money we never had in the first place.

If he’d offered a transfer request a couple of weeks ago he’d have got his move, but to wander off on the day of a game shows his complete lack of maturity. 

• Like 1

It’s a bit like going into Gray Paul’s or something and offering them £100k for a £160k Ferrari, then being pissed off that they wouldn’t sell it to you. 

Mahrez is, by definition, a commodity in the world of soccer and needs to act like a grownup. 

No one is going to buy that Ferrari if it only starts when it feels like it or indeed when it does, it only takes you to an airport. 

As as I said before, big boy trousers time all round. Wipe off the egg and get on with your job. 

1 minute ago, Itsthejoeker said:

He can rot on the bench for all I care, we’re not losing anything by not selling him, it’s money we never had in the first place.

If he’d offered a transfer request a couple of weeks ago he’d have got his move, but to wander off on the day of a game shows his complete lack of maturity. 

I agree, happy to cut our noses off to spite our face on this one.  We gain nothing long or short term by letting ourselves be mugged off by him or Man C

He could have handed in a transfer request two weeks ago and he still wouldnt have got his move because nobody would have come in with the money.  If he plays the second half of this season as well as he has been playing recently he might just garner the interest he feels he deserves.  Still hasnt performed consistently enough in the prem to be the big target for big clubs he wants to be

The way the journo's are talking about this story is nauseating. Let's get this in perspective, Riyad wants to leave we know that and so does all the football world, so the only team to show any interest were Man City at the 11th Hour obviously instigated by the injury to Sane. In addition we told teams that Riyad would be going nowhere unless big money bids were offered. So Riyad get a fcuking grip on reality, Man City haven't been trying to acquire your services for any other reason than to fill a temporary gap, such is their wealth they are able to pay £60 million + to fix a puncture. Don't act like a petulant child , carry on playing like the ballon d'or nominee, we have put a valuation on you, they all know what it will take to release you and let's see which teams are truly interested in you come the Summer transfer window.

Edited by The Guvnor