Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

We could have simply told them he wasn’t for sale, especially given how late it was in the window.  We accepted he could leave (as we had promised him) if our valuation was met and even suggested the player plus cash alternative this morning as they said they wouldn’t pay more than 60 mill. the fact that they decided they wouldn’t take up that option is not our problem and in time, mahrez will realise this. However, I doubt he will get another chance to play for the top club in the country again. 

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

We've got 13 games left. I'm not sure we'll see a decent performance from Mahrez. 

Oh well, he can get used to being on the bench or maybe not even being in a squad - he best get used to it because it’s where he’ll be if he goes to a top club.

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We could have simply told them he wasn’t for sale, especially given how late it was in the window.  We accepted he could leave (as we had promised him) if our valuation was met and even suggested the player plus cash alternative this morning as they said they wouldn’t pay more than 60 mill. the fact that they decided they wouldn’t take up that option is not our problem and in time, mahrez will realise this. However, I doubt he will get another chance to play for the top club in the country again. 

Yep. Can't see him playing for us again. 

I can't believe the rubbish I'm reading about Mahrez being "depressed" about not getting his "dream move".

Man City made their move with no time for us to get a replacement, and they massively undervalued him. We are perfectly within our rights to get the market value for the player. To even suggest we should let him go for a lower amount than the market value is frankly ludicrous.

I don't think the issue ever was not wanting to sell. I think if the price was right and had time to replace, we would have done.

As far as I am concerned I am sick and tired of all this nonsense with Mahrez; he's treated us and his team mates with utter contempt. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

I can't believe the rubbish I'm reading about Mahrez being "depressed" about not getting his "dream move".

Man City made their move with no time for us to get a replacement, and they massively undervalued him. We are perfectly within our rights to get the market value for the player. To even suggest we should let him go for a lower amount than the market value is frankly ludicrous.

I don't think the issue ever was not wanting to sell. I think if the price was right and had time to replace, we would have done.

As far as I am concerned I am sick and tired of all this nonsense with Mahrez; he's treated us and his team mates with utter contempt. 

His "dream move" changes from Roma to Barca to Arsenal to Chelsea to Man City on a monthly basis. #FreeMehrez 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Imagine being 'depressed' on £100k a week. 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Oh well, he can get used to being on the bench or maybe not even being in a squad - he best get used to it because it’s where he’ll be if he goes to a top club.

Can LCFC afford to have him off the pitch, when we know that this team without him is toothless and spiritless? That's the $36 question :) 

Edited by Nirvana31

The price was to scare off potential suitors as we had little time to find a replacement. I doubt we'd even considered one. Had this been in late May/ early June I reckon we'd have sold for £65 million.

Right now, selling without a replacement is a hell of a risk. Keeping an unhappy player is too but at least he's there in case he's required.

Comparing it with other players is missing the point. Kante had a release clause and Drinkwater was being replaced by Silva. We'd have lost Mahrez and that was it.

You know what. What a ****ing ****. I’ve been perfectly happy for him to leave for a year and a half now. And I’ve not bought the sudden bursts of form a month before a transfer window.

We bought you from the French second division when everyone else thought you were a scrawny twat. What’s to say you wouldn’t still be there? 

Cant stand all this “devistated” nonsense. The bloke has a new “dream move” every transfer window... funny how he never begged for a move to Bayern under Guardiola.

As said above; his next months wages should go to a local charity. 

Edited by AjcW

If clubs had bid for Mahrez a couple of weeks ago then there wouldnt be any of this fallout. He's been outstanding for us on occasions but his loss of form last year has backfired on him. 

To be honest there is about a dozen clubs that could tempt him from away but none of them really want to know.

It a no-win situation sadly. Good on the owners to show we aint a soft touch but then we have to deal with a flouncing Mahrez.

Right now I wish the transfer went ahead. Mahrez time with us looks done one way or another.

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

Looking at the DZ football (some Algerian news agency) twitter feed they really do hate us lol

Same on Facebook. What really winds me up (and it shouldn't) is all they say is Leicester were nothing before Mahrez and he is the only reason anyone knows who we are. Couldn't you say exactly the same ****ing thing about him if we didn't pluck him out of Ligue 2. 

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

The price was to scare off potential suitors as we had little time to find a replacement. I doubt we'd even considered one. Had this been in late May/ early June I reckon we'd have sold for £65 million.

Right now, selling without a replacement is a hell of a risk. Keeping an unhappy player is too but at least he's there in case he's required.

Comparing it with other players is missing the point. Kante had a release clause and Drinkwater was being replaced by Silva. We'd have lost Mahrez and that was it.

He has wanted to leave for over a year now... I sincerely hope we have looked at replacements...

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Mahrez comes across as "me, me, me" type, and not thinking of the consequences his daft late decision for both the club and others. Don't think he's the brightest in the squad..

I think he just thrives of attention. The other day he started an Instagram live, just sat there looking at his phone, thousands of people watching, then he just ended it. Just seemed very strange so that's the only reason why I can see he did it.