Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

He has wanted to leave for over a year now... I sincerely hope we have looked at replacements...

Of course we have, but would we have been able to sign our number 1 target replacement in 16 hours? Probably not.

If he had handed the request in 2 weeks ago, he would have more than likely got his move, although maybe not to Man City.

15 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

If clubs had bid for Mahrez a couple of weeks ago then there wouldnt be any of this fallout. He's been outstanding for us on occasions but his loss of form last year has backfired on him. 

To be honest there is about a dozen clubs that could tempt him from away but none of them really want to know.

It a no-win situation sadly. Good on the owners to show we aint a soft touch but then we have to deal with a flouncing Mahrez.

Right now I wish the transfer went ahead. Mahrez time with us looks done one way or another.

Nah **** it. In the same sense that most on here said the price he went for was irrelevant because we personally wouldn’t see any of it. If he goes for £40m in summer after not bothering for the rest of the season, we won’t see any of that either. Pride in our club and the pride of the owners is obviously worth more to them than what we could lose out on. It makes a real statement to everyone else. It’ll set a precedent for future transfer and teams won’t have our pants down when they fancy a bid for N’Didi, Maguire etc just because they’re a bigger club. 

I do agree with you by the way, but in the long run, losing out on £20m (I’m using that figure purely as an example), could save/gain us a lot more in the future. 

As the prices inflate, that robustness in the transfer might see us get even more for our best players if we sell. In the football world will be in line with what we’ll need to lay out for replacements, but when the money is an asset of the owners, it’s their capital rather than just money to spend on football players. So the extra £10m (again just an example) won’t seem much in football terms, but in the real world it’s a small fortune for the owners. 

EDIT: @Blue ROI I quoted the person/wrong post, apologies. It’s been a long day

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's very difficult at this point in time to feel any kind of affection for the player imo.  He's lost me at the moment.  A string of decent performances may soften the blow but, right now, I'm ****ed off with him for screwing us over, albeit temporarily, in an important league game.  The players performances matched my sentiments towards him tonight.  All pally-pally with them off the pitch, then goes on another one of his infamous road trips and secures a nothing deal.  It's bound to have an effect on player morale.

Poor, poor showing.

2 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Maybe we should try and tie him down to a new deal. £150k a week 4 year deal insert release clause of 90million. Then none of this ****ing about every window, if someone wants him they pay 90million

I have a feeling, based on recent events, that Mahrez wouldn’t be so keen on that. 

Edited by Nigel Graham Pearson

15 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Of course we have, but would we have been able to sign our number 1 target replacement in 16 hours? Probably not.

If he had handed the request in 2 weeks ago, he would have more than likely got his move, although maybe not to Man City.

He handed his request in a year ago.

But I will ageee with your first point.. it’s clear to me that we didn’t want a repeat of the Silva saga so if Man City REALLY wanted him they shouldn’t of left it so late.. they only have hemselves to blame and Mahrez must understand this..

4 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Maybe we should try and tie him down to a new deal. £150k a week 4 year deal insert release clause of 90million. Then none of this ****ing about every window, if someone wants him they pay 90million

Does he deserve more money? I don’t think so

I understand we can’t sell for that price this late in the window and delighted we might get to see him play but I do feel a bit sorry for him.

I know I will get floods of replies saying he signed the contract, £100k per week etc etc but imagine you get a chance to be managed by Pep and a chance to win the quadruple and that gets denied.

Really hope he can motivate himself to get back to the level that he has been at this season.

Kind of expecting him to sign a new contract with a release clause inserted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I understand we can’t sell for that price this late in the window and delighted we might get to see him play but I do feel a bit sorry for him.

I know I will get floods of replies saying he signed the contract, £100k per week etc etc but imagine you get a chance to be managed by Pep and a chance to win the quadruple and that gets denied.

Really hope he can motivate himself to get back to the level that he has been at this season.

Kind of expecting him to sign a new contract with a release clause inserted.

I know what you are saying ...    if Pep came in for me I’d probably want to go there as well ...   but ...   if he REALLY wanted him he knew the price and at that price we would have probably let him go.  

I really hope that given his actions today we issue him with a fine and drop him from the squad for at least a few games. We have to make an example of him otherwise it sends out completely the wrong message to our other players, particularly the younger guys who look up to the senior players as role models. If the club let this slide it'll set a precedent for others in the future, so it's best to nip it in the bud before such behaviour escalates.