Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Manchester City (A)..pre match thread.

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Bollocks have you only got 18 fit youngsters. You'll get no sympathy here for peps petty shit.

https://www.mancity.com/teams/eds

Here's our youth squad. It's really not that big at all.

Or maybe he's decided to run his team by picking based on merit? Bit odd to just throw a random youngster who wasn't even good enough to get into the EDS straight into the first team.

It could be worth reminding a few people that our most promising youngster, Phil Foden- the player of the tournament when England won the youth world cup last year- couldn't make the bench against Burnley because Harry Maguire injured him with a bad tackle last time these two sides met. Pep is promoting plenty of youngsters.

Believe what you want but I genuinely don't believe Pep had any hidden motives last weekend- he named six subs because that's really all we had. 

Edited by MCFC

3 minutes ago, MCFC said:

Or maybe he's decided to run his team by picking based on merit? Bit odd to just throw a random youngster who wasn't even good enough to get into the EDS straight into the first team.

It's what every other side does... Burnley had a kid who'd been on loan at Fleetwood a couple of weeks earlier there because of a lack of options. Peps hissy fit about other teams not rolling over for you to buy the league can get in the bin. No sympathy for a side who's defence alone cost more than the GDP of several countries 

11 minutes ago, MCFC said:

Sorry, but everyone who knows anything about European football knows who Aymeric Laporte is. Targeted by Barcelona and Real Madrid as recently as the summer. I won't be so petulant as to suggest that you might not have heard of Barcelona or Real Madrid either. 

Whooooosh...

• Haha 1

Just now, The Doctor said:

It's what every other side does... Burnley had a kid who'd been on loan at Fleetwood a couple of weeks earlier there because of a lack of options. Peps hissy fit about other teams not rolling over for you to buy the league can get in the bin. No sympathy for a side who's defence alone cost more than the GDP of several countries 

For what? Maybe Pep doesn't see the benefit of throwing someone who won't play onto the bench. Tokenism isn't necessarily helpful. 

RE Mahrez; In my opinion if he comes back soon then I can understand why you refused to sell. If he stays AWOL for the rest of the season then that's a different matter. But to suggest Pep's throwing a 'hissy fit' about it, or to say he's being 'petulant'... In my opinion people want to hate Pep, similarly to Sterling, but he's not actually done anything to suggest that these negative character traits exist at all. The media have created them with sensationalist headlines. Very few people who've actually met Pep have a bad word to say about him, and yet half the population of Britain is convinced that he's some arrogant narcissist? Very odd. 

2 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Tbf I think @MCFC has made some decent arguments, even if i don't necessarily agree with them.

Thank you. My intention is not to attack any individual members of this forum at all- this is the only rival forum I have an account on and I quite like it. My first posts were when you embarrassed us 4-2 last season and when you bought Kelechi (sorry about that one) I came back. 

However when I see things said about my club and manager that I don't agree with I feel like I should debate them. 

Edited by MCFC
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MCFC said:

For what? Maybe Pep doesn't see the benefit of throwing someone who won't play onto the bench. Tokenism isn't necessarily helpful. 

Well then he shouldn't moan about options available to him. He's got other options, he's just refusing to use them - why? To make a petty point. He comes out of this as a bit of a twat, as do man city for leaking details to unsettle a player.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Tbf I think @MCFC has made some decent arguments, even if i don't necessarily agree with them.

I agree.

I think many on here think that Pep comes over as arrogant. I think he is so far up himself that it must hurt (hence the facial expressions) but MCFC has a different opinion. Fair enough.

Edited by SuperMike
Bad grammar

42 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Well then he shouldn't moan about options available to him. He's got other options, he's just refusing to use them - why? To make a petty point. He comes out of this as a bit of a twat, as do man city for leaking details to unsettle a player.

I don't remember him moaning at all. He just got on with it and named six substitutes, as he's allowed to do. Again I have to ask you what the other options were and what the point would be of chucking a 17-year-old with barely any experience on the bench when everyone understands that they won't get on the pitch. 

1 minute ago, MCFC said:

I don't remember him moaning at all. He just got on with it and named six substitutes, as he's allowed to do. Again I have to ask you what the other options were and what the point would be of chucking a 17-year-old with barely any experience on the bench when everyone understands that they won't get on the pitch. 

It would give the 17 year old experience of the first team squad and what to expect away from home in the premiership. 

58 minutes ago, MCFC said:

Then said it's all he had available to him (a lie), with the obvious begging for sympathy subtext...

Matchday experience, assuming you actually intend to have a youth team rather than hoard players and spend another 50/60m to cover an injury...

2 hours ago, MCFC said:

It could be worth reminding a few people that our most promising youngster, Phil Foden- the player of the tournament when England won the youth world cup last year- couldn't make the bench against Burnley because Harry Maguire injured him with a bad tackle last time these two sides met. Pep is promoting plenty of youngsters.

Believe what you want but I genuinely don't believe Pep had any hidden motives last weekend- he named six subs because that's really all we had. 

You signed a player a couple of days before deadline day. 21 years of age, a young English winger and talented. Man City bought him from their sister club at a discount rate to what other clubs were bidding and then immediately loaned him to Middlesbrough. Man City signed him after Sane's injury - so it would have been wise to keep him about. 

Alongside that, there are lots of Man City players on loan across the world. It's hard to have sympathy. 

Not looking forward to the game at all. Im not sure if a game this season could have come at any worse time. 

We play out of our skin to prove we don't need Mahrez & are pissed at Pep's late offer.  And get stomped on by an in-form Man City and lack the flair required to stand a chance of any points.

I am usually not a negative nelly but i cant see anything better than a draw and that would be pushing it. 

ps Am really fed up with all the Mahrez stuff now, i wish i could stop myself from reading it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MCFC said:

If in May 2016 I came on here and started bashing Ranieri for no good reason I'd like to think Leicester fans would see fit to defend him.

Don’t take it personal mate. You’ve been courteous on here and pretty balanced in my view. The Mahrez debacle just pi**es is all off because if anyone could afford him it with be you guys. It’s clearly knackered the momentum we’d built up and may we’ll end up costing us a place in Europe. Our owners are getting a bad press over this but little or no fallout for Man City, so that just adds insult to injury.

For what it’s worth, I’d be more than happy with a point but have a feeling we’ll end up on the wrong side of a high scoring game. Enjoy the title and you’ll never be as bad as those spuds in my eyes:scarf:

4 hours ago, MCFC said:

Bad tackle by Maguire? Is that a joke? 

He gets a block on fodens pass/shot and his foot gets caught on the floor and he goes over it with his own momentum. There's nothing bad about Maguire's block. 

Very unfortunate for foden though

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Hi there

I can only speak for myself but.....

As a manager, I  love Pep, love him.  Read both his books and they are genuinely enlightening and he seems a very decent man.  What he achieved at Barcelona, that side will be remember forever and it looks like he is creating a formidable side with you too.  I can;t really say much bad about him and I actually always quite liked Sterling, very good player.  Having said all that, as a fan yourself of a team that was not always one of the big boys you must understand the frustrations of certain Leicester fans and, subsequently, the narrative being portrayed by the mainstream media.  If, say, Barca came in for KdB, on the last day of the window with a bid of £80m which you turned down as being not his true value then the player never played again and the entire press somehow blamed Man City for not "knowing their place" I imagine you might feel frustrated too.  Forums are odd places, people are exaggerated versions of themselves and many people on here might sometimes overstep the mark but we have a right to be annoyed and why can't we aim for the stars once in a while?  We actually reached them once.

Anyway, I admire the way you play and congratulations on winning the league, I wish you the best.  But I hope we absolutely thrash you on Saturday.

Cheers

X

You are just too nice to exist RumbleFox.

Are you a bot in disguise?