Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Changing name of Leicester City's stadium could net £2.7m a season

I doubt we have any interest in this but I'm not sure why Stoke are 7th in earning potential.

New survey shows potential of selling naming rights for all Premier League grounds

A sponsorship deal for Leicester City’s stadium could net the club more than £2.7million a season, according to a new report from experts.

The survey on the worth of naming rights has been carried out by experts Duff and Phelps and estimates the potential worth of each club’s stadium, if they were to take a company’s name.

Leicester City’s owners, of course, have chosen to name their stadium after their company – King Power.

However, should they choose to sell those rights the value is now put at £2.7m per season – a figure that is increasing every year. In the past four years, the worth of naming rights has gone up 40 per cent.

That puts City mid-table in the naming rights league, with the potential for Manchester United’s Old Trafford worth 10 times that figure at £26.2m a season.

Some clubs have already sold their naming rights. Arsenal play at their Emirates Stadium, Stoke City the Bet365 Stadium, Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium and Brighton at the Amex Stadium.

Former Chelsea managing director Trevor Birch, now with Duff and Phelps, said: “The UK hasn’t embraced stadium naming rights as enthusiastically as the United States, its potential to become an important revenue stream is highlighted by these figures.”

Here is the Premier League table and the worth of those right, according to the survey

1. Manchester United 26.2m

2. Manchester City 19.1m

3. Chelsea 17.7m

4. Tottenham 15.5m

5. Arsenal 15.3m

6. Liverpool 11.1m

7. Stoke City 6.3m

8. West Ham 4.8m

9. Newcastle 3.6m

10. Everton 2.8m

11. Leicester City 2.7m

12. Swansea City 2.6m

13. Southampton 2.0m

14. Brighton & Hove Albion 1.2m

15. Crystal Palace 1.1m

16. Burnley 1.0m

17. West Brom 0.9m

18. Watford 0.8m

19. Bournemouth 0.6m

20. Huddersfield Town 0.3m

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

I doubt we have any interest in this but I'm not sure why Stoke are 7th in earning potential.

New survey shows potential of selling naming rights for all Premier League grounds

A sponsorship deal for Leicester City’s stadium could net the club more than £2.7million a season, according to a new report from experts.

The survey on the worth of naming rights has been carried out by experts Duff and Phelps and estimates the potential worth of each club’s stadium, if they were to take a company’s name.

Leicester City’s owners, of course, have chosen to name their stadium after their company – King Power.

However, should they choose to sell those rights the value is now put at £2.7m per season – a figure that is increasing every year. In the past four years, the worth of naming rights has gone up 40 per cent.

That puts City mid-table in the naming rights league, with the potential for Manchester United’s Old Trafford worth 10 times that figure at £26.2m a season.

Some clubs have already sold their naming rights. Arsenal play at their Emirates Stadium, Stoke City the Bet365 Stadium, Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium and Brighton at the Amex Stadium.

Former Chelsea managing director Trevor Birch, now with Duff and Phelps, said: “The UK hasn’t embraced stadium naming rights as enthusiastically as the United States, its potential to become an important revenue stream is highlighted by these figures.”

Here is the Premier League table and the worth of those right, according to the survey

1. Manchester United 26.2m

2. Manchester City 19.1m

3. Chelsea 17.7m

4. Tottenham 15.5m

5. Arsenal 15.3m

6. Liverpool 11.1m

7. Stoke City 6.3m

8. West Ham 4.8m

9. Newcastle 3.6m

10. Everton 2.8m

11. Leicester City 2.7m

12. Swansea City 2.6m

13. Southampton 2.0m

14. Brighton & Hove Albion 1.2m

15. Crystal Palace 1.1m

16. Burnley 1.0m

17. West Brom 0.9m

18. Watford 0.8m

19. Bournemouth 0.6m

20. Huddersfield Town 0.3m

Probably its proximity to and visibility from the A50.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Haha 1

Stokes deal is similar to ours too in that the owner/owners daughter owns Bet365... so there's not really any additional revenue coming in, just in one company out the other.

Also imagine they are 7th based on the value of their current deal and not much else. Whereas the likes of Chelsea and Utd who don't have deals will be based on how often they are talked about/watched on tv.

Weird figures though... there's no way in hell Vitality and John Smiths are paying 600 and 300k respectively for stadium rights when Shirt Sponsorship in League 1 goes for over a million!!

Edited by AjcW

I like King Power stadium. We're advertising a brand like most others. But it represents the people who've done incredible things for the club. With the amount of money flowing through the league I like how at least this has a human element to it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

I like King Power stadium. We're advertising a brand like most others. But it represents the people who've done incredible things for the club. With the amount of money flowing through the league I like how at least this has a human element to it.

Stoke do the same though.... just so happens they're promoting a gambling company so doesn't sit as nicely lol 

• Like 1

Filbert Street was a great stadium; amazing atmosphere with a hell of a lot of history, character and so so many great memories.

The Walkers Stadium wasn't a brilliant name from the start, especially when they decided to call it the Walkers Bowl - for 10 years it was just so easy to ridicule.

When the Thais came in, they've invested in the stadium and every aspect of the club and in my view, have earned the right for King Power to feel very much part of the identity of Leicester City. The King Power Stadium is where we were promoted to the Premier League. The KP is where we saw Leicester City become Champions Of England. We've hosted the Champions League at the King Power - incredible nights under the lights that we'll never, ever forget.

I guess my point is, KP isn't going to change anytime soon, and we really don't need that extra money now. I'd rather we made that profit from winning more competitions, finishing higher and continue developing into the elite club our owners are turning us into.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RutlanderFox said:

It’s never going to change from King Power stadium whilst the owners of King Power are in charge

And why should it. 2.7m does not even make a scratch on the money wasted on recruitment failures.  Looking at the bigger  picture, revenue increases should investigated in other areas before this matter rises to the top.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Stoke do the same though.... just so happens they're promoting a gambling company so doesn't sit as nicely lol 

Aren't we compelling punters to buy duty free booze rather than pawn their dead grandmother's wedding ring for another go at online roulette? The air is crisp and invigorating from this moral high ground.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Ha! Silly people. Don't they know how well connected the Thais are? They know all the mystery companies who would be able to negotiate a deal for 5 times that amount with their own company!

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Except it was never called the Walkers Bowl.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/1920984.stm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/2758635/Walkers-sponsors-stadium.html

If memory serves the reaction was almost as bad as the Leeds badge...

Edited by urban.spaceman