Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Bournemouth (H) - What would your starting XI be?

Simpson is only a "great defender" because that's the only thing he's good at! Just like how ronaldo is a "better" goal scorer than messi even though messi has a better goal per game ratio over his career.

Simmo drops deep so he wouldn't get exposed. his off ball positioning saved us many goals but he isn't this "great defender" that everyone claims he is.

Edited by the fox

22 minutes ago, the fox said:

Simpson is only a "great defender" because that's the only thing he's good at! Just like how ronaldo is a "better" goal scorer than messi even though messi has a better goal per game ratio over his career.

Simmo drops deep so he wouldn't get exposed. his off ball positioning saved us many goals but he isn't this "great defender" that everyone claims he is.

He is a good defender and yes that's all he's comfortable with but he gets no help from Mahrez

because he's a liability in defence,it's a balance.

on the other flank Albrighton always teams up with the fullback making it more solid.

whoever plays behind Mahrez needs to be a good defender first, anything more would be a bonus.

I just want to see the most attacking line up possible and go for the 3 points. We were to easy to play against vs stoke but I think Bournemouth are more attacking than stoke and will prob give us a chance or 2 on the counter. i want to like gray but for every good game he has he goes missing for a few after. Hopefully see a bit more of diabate as he has looked decent so far. 

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

The Simpson and Chilwell who played in the 2-0 win v Everton, 2-1 win over Spurs, 1-0 win over Burnley, 3-2 win over Newcastle, 4-1 win over Saints etc.

I know it's en vouge to just slate everyone at the moment, but results have hardly been that much better when others have played have they?

I'd at this moment prefer to give Amartey and Fuchs another run out, but I'm not sure it's a "deary me" if someone decides to plump for the other two.

So we agree on the two selections then!

I say ‘deary me’ because I don’t understand the thought process to reach these opposing conclusions.

In my opinion Chilwell is in the ‘deary me’ category based on what I have seen this season. He is a liability defensively and while he does go forward with the ball there is no end product.

Simpson is a good defender, but when expected to play a passing game, as it’s our understanding Puel wants to, he is as I’m sure you well know, is not suited to it.

We do have another, seemingly better option the so that has to be the way to go.

5 hours ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

Simmo winning only in blocks and clearances (hoofs). I am shocked. 

Yet it looks like the manager is asking him to play a more offensive overlapping role. Simpson crossing a ball reminds me of a cow on a bike, just not meant to be, however I don’t blame Simpson I blame Puel! 

14 hours ago, Gerard said:

I've always been a huge defender of Gray and thought he's had a rough deal from Ranieri and Shakespeare. When Puel came in he started Gray and Chilwell ahead of Albrighton and Okazaki. I thought that was a brave decision from Puel to make that decision and bring in talented young players ahead of the safe option of trusted work horses.

Gray was in the box seat in Puel's mind but hasn't taken his chance. If we get offered £25m again this summer from the likes of Bournemouth again then that has to be seriously considered.  Diabate may be ahead of him by then and we'll probably want to make our marquee signing this summer in Gray's position to replace Mahrez.

I probably wasn't as in favour of him as you were, but I did agree he probably deserved more of a run of games as there's clearly some natural ability there. I put money on Gray making the World Cup squad after that Everton game. Partially because I thought under Puel he'll be a regular and with us being weak on the wings he had a chance, but he hasn't kicked on at all. I cannot name a single aspect of his game that has improved since we signed him and it's been two years now.

Considering we now have Diabate too I would take £25mil for Gray in a heartbeat. I'm starting to think he'll never be any better than he is now and there's absolutely no chance he comes even close to Mahrez.

• Like 3

I cannot believe some people play a 3 at the back system and have Mahrez as the only wide man. We'd get absolutely killed down that side.

You can only play 3 at the back with Chilwell and Albrighton as wing backs I think. Don't trust Simpson or Fuchs and don't think they'd be mobile enough.

Horses for courses tram

selection for me. 

Frosty the Snowman

Pingu  Santa  Arna   A Polar-Bear 

Arctic Hare    Brass Monkey

Amundsen   Scott (Capt) Fiennes

Rudolph

i May be playing Arna out of her favoured position, but needs must. 

Edited by TrentFox
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, the fox said:

kkk.PNG.30d0d82e8907a7441ac488b4c767e9e4.PNG

I'm surprised Simpson has ever attempted to take someone on. Wish we bought Trippier when Burnley were relegated, but I think we're allergic to buying RBs. We will be a different side when we have one bursting forward and doing good crosses.

15 hours ago, notnow john said:

He is a good defender and yes that's all he's comfortable with but he gets no help from Mahrez

because he's a liability in defence,it's a balance.

on the other flank Albrighton always teams up with the fullback making it more solid.

whoever plays behind Mahrez needs to be a good defender first, anything more would be a bonus.

Absolute rubbish, Mahrez is more than capable as a defender and often tracks back and wins tackles but because he also is our talisman and only creative player he will go searching for the ball, especially when you've got dog shit like Morgan and Simpson who can't pass. Simpson comes forward regularly under Puel and is often found in space past the line of defence but his crossing is beyond words. Amartey's isn't much better either which is why I'm shocked we didn't really push for a new right back in January. It seemed we were keen but weren't desperate which is fair enough but it's left us hindered in a season where we could get Europe quite comfortably by finishing 7th but right now seem to be making a pigs ear of it.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Whats the weather like guys up at the stadium, coming up from Devon for the Bournemouth game.

9 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Warm, is going to be warm and quite sunny don't forget your shades

Maybe your shorts too, And some sun cream

Isn't it games like these that some of the players tend to struggle with?

Think they should go all out and attack, as they'll probably be planning to and stretch their sometimes vulnerable defence.

32 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Isn't it games like these that some of the players tend to struggle with?

Think they should go all out and attack, as they'll probably be planning to and stretch their sometimes vulnerable defence.

Bournemouth have had our number for years now, we've got to try something different than the tired 4-4-1-1 we've played. We cannot rely on Mahrez as our only creative force. Albrighton is struggling right now with only Vardy to look for, Gray has been dross and there's absolutely no spark from Central midfield with that pairing. Bournemouth will happily let our full backs come forward to as they've got nothing.

I've waited before putting in my team because Okazaki being fit changes how I'd approach it a little bit. His defensive work from the front allows you to be a little more attack minded through the middle.

Amartey     Dragovic      Maguire    Fuchs

N'didi        Silva

Mahrez             Okazaki           Albrighton

Vardy

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I've waited before putting in my team because Okazaki being fit changes how I'd approach it a little bit. His defensive work from the front allows you to be a little more attack minded through the middle.

Amartey     Dragovic      Maguire    Fuchs

N'didi        Silva

Mahrez             Okazaki           Albrighton

Vardy

If we don't win against them with this line-up, then we should as well definitely give up on the 7th place.

Edited by ZeGuy