Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Bournemouth (H) - What would your starting XI be?

5 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

What part of Silva played two years of his career as a number 10 and having him the most advanced midfielder of a three doesn't even make him a ten anyway do you not get?

Iniesta plays the most advanced role of a 3 in a 433, and I wouldn't call him a number 10.

Don't know, ask Puel he said it, maybe you should let him know.

..............Abs.Zero....

Icepick.....Avalanche...Frosty......icicle

Snowplough

Sleet                     Gritter

Blizzard.              Glacier.           Drifter          

• Haha 1

There are two important pieces we have been missing lately. (1) We need at least one player in the MF who can link play between our backs and our wings/forward; (2) we need to spread their defense out by fielding a credible attack across the width of the pitch.  

Amartey Dragovic Maguire Chilwell

Ndidi

Silva        Iborra

Mahrez                                Diabate

Vardy

I might change my mind if I knew Shinji were 100%, in which case I would likely revert to a MF 2 with Ndidi and Silva. I would also be open to pairing Ndidi and James in a MF 2 if Silva played in front of them and had attacking duties. We need a conductor, someone who can orchestrate the attack and move players around the pitch with his passing. Silva isn't an incredibly talented passer who can carve open a box jammed with defenders, but he will get the ball forward quickly and create more of a threat on the counter. When he attacks the center he will command attention, which will take the pressure off of Riyad. That is the key for this team, just like it was last season -- we cannot have an attack that primarily comes through Riyad. We need to attack from the middle and both wings. We need our FBs to come forward situationally and force their midfield to react to let our wings have some room. Overall, we need to be conscious of what the defense is trying to do, and we need to make them uncomfortable. Teams are far too comfortable against us at the moment bc we are not making credible attacks from anywhere but the right.

If we simply play to our abilities tomorrow, with a balanced personnel grouping on the field that can pressure the defense across the field, a tidy 2-0, 3-1, 2-1 win is there for us. If we once again play conservatively, hoping that AFCB will only score their one goal per game and that we'll get two on Mahrez magic and pixie dust, we are in for a bad time.

8 hours ago, vanity said:

There are two important pieces we have been missing lately. (1) We need at least one player in the MF who can link play between our backs and our wings/forward; (2) we need to spread their defense out by fielding a credible attack across the width of the pitch.  

Ndidi

Silva        Iborra

Vardy

I might change my mind if I knew Shinji were 100%, in which case I would likely revert to a MF 2 with Ndidi and Silva. I would also be open to pairing Ndidi and James in a MF 2 if Silva played in front of them and had attacking duties. We need a conductor, someone who can orchestrate the attack and move players around the pitch with his passing. Silva isn't an incredibly talented passer who can carve open a box jammed with defenders, but he will get the ball forward quickly and create more of a threat on the counter. When he attacks the center he will command attention, which will take the pressure off of Riyad. That is the key for this team, just like it was last season -- we cannot have an attack that primarily comes through Riyad. We need to attack from the middle and both wings. We need our FBs to come forward situationally and force their midfield to react to let our wings have some room. Overall, we need to be conscious of what the defense is trying to do, and we need to make them uncomfortable. Teams are far too comfortable against us at the moment bc we are not making credible attacks from anywhere but the right.

If we simply play to our abilities tomorrow, with a balanced personnel grouping on the field that can pressure the defense across the field, a tidy 2-0, 3-1, 2-1 win is there for us. If we once again play conservatively, hoping that AFCB will only score their one goal per game and that we'll get two on Mahrez magic and pixie dust, we are in for a bad time.

Good choice.  Shame Puel will pick a Shakey line-up littered with the old Guard meaning another dissappointing hoof-fest.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Good choice.  Shame Puel will pick a Shakey line-up littered with the old Guard meaning another dissappointing hoof-fest.

Maybe he's trying to hammer the final nail in the 15/16 coffin and next season we'll have beautiful flowing football? I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel for reasons, I admit.

Five games since we beat this lot. apart from arsenal, can we say this about any club? 

They will be tidy and and have a lot of possession. We will have to chase after the ball and make the most of when we get it back. they may try and press us high on occasions (when Wes or Danny have the ball). 

it could be quite a long afternoon in the cold ...........

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vanity said:

Ndidi

Silva        Iborra

Vardy

Like it a lot, but don’t think Okazaki is the answer.

In a team struggling in front of goal, he doesn’t bring anything to the table in the goal scoring department.

Yes he’s a grafter, but that’s our problem, we have lots of grafters, but not enough quality, and proves how bad things are in that department, when Okazaki is seen as the saviour.

The side you are suggesting is by far the best personnel and the pace and creativity to comfortably beat palace, Swansea, stoke and Bournemouth today, if they play with the right intensity.

Puel will probably stick to his stubborn ways, and pick his favourites in James, albrighton, Morgan and Simpson, and if he does, and things are the same, slow and predictable, he will have no excuses.

I can see the way puel wants to play, but I don’t think it’s so much the players are letting him down, I think some are just not good enough, as he talks about moving it quicker, James has one pace, Morgan, Simpson, albrighton are not technically good enough to control and move the ball quickly, and lack the composure because of this, and resort to hoofing if pressured on the ball.

That team you suggested today please, and that should bring a comfortable 3-0 win 

Edited by Monsell1976

Why are some fans so eager to see us play 4-3-3 with a midfield three of Iborra, Silva and Ndidi?

4-3-3 is our worst formation, we've absolutely sucked at times when we've tried it in the past because it always turns into a 4-5-1, Vardy becomes isolated and the wingers get pushed back. 

Vardy has had nobody to properly link with for the past few games, if Shinji is fit then he needs to start, after all he has scored six goals this season.

Edited by kingfox

Need some pace to turn this lot and put them on the back foot. They are a better passing side but vulnerable under pressure. We can’t afford to be slow, to carry on passing sideways and back and then to Kasper to slice his kicks. Massive change of approach needed and whole team must take responsibility for attacking not just Riyad. Desperate for win today boys don’t want to go to West Brom next week without 3 points.