Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Bournemouth (H) - What would your starting XI be?

Kasper

Amartey    Dragovic   Maguire   Chilwell

Ndidi  Iborra 

Silva

Mahrez                       Albrighton

Vardy

Subs

Fuchs

Hamer

Iheanacho

Gray

Simpson

Morgan

Diabate

• Like 2

11 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

If its same 11 as the Stoke match then he has well and truly had it.........especially if we dont take 3 points.

Also wtf is it with that black life jacket under his suit top? Its Leicester.....someone needs to tell him he aint in Southampton any more.

i actually liked puel but if he does start same 11 hes dead to me and can be sacked :)

I enjoyed it when he was mixing stuff up but now his line-ups are getting a bit predictable and uninspiring

I hope that with the disruption caused by Mahrez he perhaps just wanted to steady the ship or something and we'll start to see other players used more in selections and subs

I'm thinking mainly of CM position

I dont have much hope for the back line getting changed much, he seems to be well and truly going for the tried and tested old guard.  I Puelcome Puel to prove me wrong on this

Kasper

Amartey    Dragovic   Maguire   Chilwell

Ndidi  Iborra 

Silva

Vardy

On 2/26/2018 at 11:22, Dan LCFC said:

Amartey actually looked OK at right back recently, which surprised me but I didn't think he deserved dropping. He got forward better as well.

Gray I've wanted to see what he can do. Every passing game points me further towards "not a lot" and being totally anonymous in a key attacking role, at home to 19th in a game we had about 70% of the ball is the straw that broke the camels back. I'm close to thinking we should cash in.

I've always been a huge defender of Gray and thought he's had a rough deal from Ranieri and Shakespeare. When Puel came in he started Gray and Chilwell ahead of Albrighton and Okazaki. I thought that was a brave decision from Puel to make that decision and bring in talented young players ahead of the safe option of trusted work horses.

Gray was in the box seat in Puel's mind but hasn't taken his chance. If we get offered £25m again this summer from the likes of Bournemouth again then that has to be seriously considered.  Diabate may be ahead of him by then and we'll probably want to make our marquee signing this summer in Gray's position to replace Mahrez.

• Like 2

Schmeichel

Amartey    Dragovic   Maguire     Chilwell

Iborra       Ndidi 

Mahrez                 Silva                 Vardy

Iheanacho

Win the midfield against a likely 4-4-2/4-4-1-1.

Provides creative options.

Field tall players for attacking/defending set-plays.

Front 4 can press high when required to force long clearances.

Big lads in midfield & defence to mop up those clearances & turn the ball forward.

Strong passing options available for every man when on the ball.

Mahrez & Vardy both capable of getting behind the defence.

Front 4 all capable of playing close fast one-touch between the lines and in behind.

Edited by Bablemikey

Kasper

Amartey    Dragovic   Maguire   Spearing

Ndidi  Iborra 

Silva

Vardy

12 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Kasper

Amartey    Dragovic   Maguire   Spearing

Ndidi  Iborra 

Silva

Vardy

spearing-412340.jpg

On 24/02/2018 at 17:36, FIF said:

Kasper

Albrighton

Dragovic

Maguire

Chilwell

Ndidi

Iborra

Silva

Diabaté

Iheanacho (or okazaki if fit)

Vardy

And I reckon I'm the only one who'll want that lineup. 

Thankfully you don’t pick the team! ?

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Simpson and Chilwell

Deary me.

Simpson is probably the best ‘defensive’ right back in the premier league... just because he isn’t that good at going forward doesn’t mean he’s a bad right back... his job is too defend.

chilwell needs game time he’s young and he’s only improving, Fuchs won’t last as long?

22 minutes ago, Wolfboy said:

Simpson is probably the best ‘defensive’ right back in the premier league... just because he isn’t that good at going forward doesn’t mean he’s a bad right back... his job is too defend.

chilwell needs game time he’s young and he’s only improving, Fuchs won’t last as long?

Chilwell has been a liability and only plays as Fuchs can’t run any more.

The latter has quality on the ball which your Ben doesn’t.

Simpson does not fit the managers own remit of us being a passing possession based team. He can’t pass the ball 5 yards to a team mate so should not be playing ahead of Amartey.

1 hour ago, Wolfboy said:

That's a prehistoric conception of the fullback's role. A modern one should and must be able to do both.

18 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

If its same 11 as the Stoke match then he has well and truly had it.........especially if we dont take 3 points.

Also wtf is it with that black life jacket under his suit top? Its Leicester.....someone needs to tell him he aint in Southampton any more.

As Puel knows what he is doing......... its a bullet proof vest :) 

we looked better against man city with a back three, and that was using fuchs as a makeshift CB.  now that morgan's back, would like to see us at least try something like...

kasper

morgan maguire dragovic

amartey  mahrez  n'didi  iborra  chilwell

akinfenwa

vardy

...but as akinfenwa plays for wycombe, would settle for nacho or george thomas in that position (i think GT is our best corner taker, and might have made the difference against stoke given the number of corners we wasted).

Schmeichel

Dragovic

Morgan

Maguire

Albrighton

Ndidi

Silva

Chilwell

Mahrez

Diabate

Vardy

3 at the back looked promising in the 1st half at Man City so would like to see us use it against a lesser team. Albrighton showed against Stoke that his overlapping runs on the right can be a threat and giving a tricky front 3 freedom in attack will keep Bournemouth's defence guessing.

Kasper 

Simpson dragovic Maguire fuchs 

Albrighton ndidi Silva 

Mahrez 

Vardy inechecho  

Changed my mind from the earlier team I picked. Think we have to play 2 upfront. Vardys too isolated when hes up there on his own. Against sides like bournemouth at home imo you have to play 2 upfront. Obviously if okazki is fit I'd play him instead of inechecho. 

4 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Simpson and Chilwell

Deary me.

The Simpson and Chilwell who played in the 2-0 win v Everton, 2-1 win over Spurs, 1-0 win over Burnley, 3-2 win over Newcastle, 4-1 win over Saints etc.

I know it's en vouge to just slate everyone at the moment, but results have hardly been that much better when others have played have they?

I'd at this moment prefer to give Amartey and Fuchs another run out, but I'm not sure it's a "deary me" if someone decides to plump for the other two.