Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Leicester Vs Chelsea FA Cup

On 3/12/2018 at 20:44, hackneyfox said:

Will you still be posting the same in 2020 when he's 36?

Time catches up with everyone, even captains of Premier league winners.

?   True

47 minutes ago, hackenbacker said:

been rubbing the magic balls this fine afternoon and I foresee a win to us and an appointment with Southampton in the semis ... after that everything gets a bit milky!

you can all quote me on this .........................

You can get your balls rubbed for a tenner at the massage shops nearby my Condo here in Kuala Lumpur.  I will let you know what I foresee later in the week.

• Haha 1

I think lcfc will win. Chelsea is a better side but they will be emotionally drained after the Barca game and lcfc will have home advantage. One thing I don't get is this trip to Spain and warm weather to prepare knowing that it will be freezing at King Power over the week-end.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MahrezFan said:

I think lcfc will win. Chelsea is a better side but they will be emotionally drained after the Barca game and lcfc will have home advantage. One thing I don't get is this trip to Spain and warm weather to prepare knowing that it will be freezing at King Power over the week-end.

It’s march mate be baking hot here 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, MahrezFan said:

Needed to go to Spain in order to practise   Penalties to decide the tie after the inevitable draw AET

56 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

This line-up seems to me to be the one which would take the game to Chelsea from the kick-off. City shouldn't be overawed by Chelsea but just attack from the beginning. Surprise them.

I think Diabate has proven himself sufficiently by now and both Iborra and Iheanacho should be reassured by the way they contributed on Saturday. Morgan is a great battler and stopper (literally) but Chelsea are more subtle and we need a more perceptive centre-back than Morgan to read their game. Simpson appears the only compromised player - possibly N'Didi could cover that gap which will be inevitably left  by Mahrez at some point(s) in the game. I would trust Diabate to be reliable in tracking back. He looks a very responsible young lad.

I'd be delighted to see this line-up start but you already can swap Diabate, Maguire and Nacho for Albrighton, Morgan and Okazaki.

Diabate deserves so much more than a simple cameo. As you said he does track back, and is pretty good at it. Mahrez has been deliberately freed from automatically back tracking (he was shit at defending anyway) with Ndidi and Simpson both instructed to fill in the gap.

The way Morgan walked right back in the team let me suppose that it's beyond Puel's actual reach and there is nothing Dragovic can do about it. I'm convinced now that we'll lose him in the summer. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2018 at 21:19, TheMightySystem said:

Schmeichel

Simpson        Dragovic          Maguire          Fuchs

Iborra              Ndidi

Mahrez                    Iheanacho                 Diabate

Vardy

Would be interested in seeing this in action, but I too doubt that we'll see it on Sunday. 

Highly likely that Morgan will continue to be preferred to Dragovic.

I also think it's highly likely Okazaki will start - he'll prefer to keep Diabate as an impact sub.

I also have a terrible feeling he'll play Chilwell, although I agree Fuchs is the much smarter choice. 

• Like 1

The MET Office has just announced a yellow weather warning for Sunday in leicester 

Snow showers are likely throughout Sunday, and where these converge some snow may well accumulate and could then prove disruptive. There is a small chance of travel delays on roads with some stranded vehicles, along with delayed or cancelled rail and air travel. There is a small chance that power cuts will occur and services, such as mobile phone, may be affected.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gerbold said:

I agree with all you've stated. That's probably going to be the way of it. I believe Puel to be a cautious manager so I was indulging myself in favouring the line-up 'The Mighty System' had posted.

I was looking for a quote from Napoleon (which I couldn't find - blast!) - which I recall advocated surprising the enemy. The thing is, though, that if your 'troops' aren't capable and prepared for adapting to a fresh strategy (which has seemed to haunt Leicester post the title win) then you're 'hobbled' by that inflexibility.

It's interesting to me that the series of players hired afterwards (Kramaric, Slimani, Musa etc.) have largely been unsuccessful in imposing themselves on the team. There's been a lot of heated debate about how 'bad' they've turned out to be or how they've been misused, but such a successful and 'battle-hardened' bunch as emerged from four seasons of intense competition aren't ever likely to have welcomed newcomers with open arms.

Your statement implying that Morgan effectively turned up and stated he was fit, fully expecting to be automatically reinstated in the team has taken me aback, yet isn't this suggestion of yours confirming that Puel hasn't achieved overall control? Is Morgan's position in the team so 'triple-locked' as to brook no discussion or deference to the manager? Or is it that he and Dragovic both have different but equally valid qualities muddying the selection waters?

Maybe you've some further thoughts to air on this?

Morgan is having a good season so far, there isn't much one can blame him for. He's still an excellent shot stopper (proved it one more time against WBA and learned (a bit) to play the ball on the ground.

However I do think that Dragovic is not only more comfortable on the ball but also read / anticipate the game better, a quality that I value immensely as it gives the crucial that split second advantage over your opponent.While morgan was injured, he stepped up and did the job very well. Enough, imho, to deserve his place in the starting XI. He's exactly the type of player Puel is looking for, yet the latter seems to prefer an ageing old school CB who will never be comfortable with the ball.

Dragovic's on loan, living on scraps he puts a shift when it matters, does well and then gets dropped. I can't wrap my head around it no matter how I look at it. It just doesn't add up. Only speculations but I do think that some players have lot of weight when it comes to decide who starts the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

The MET Office has just announced a yellow weather warning for Sunday in leicester 

Snow showers are likely throughout Sunday, and where these converge some snow may well accumulate and could then prove disruptive. There is a small chance of travel delays on roads with some stranded vehicles, along with delayed or cancelled rail and air travel. There is a small chance that power cuts will occur and services, such as mobile phone, may be affected.

So what you're saying is that it might rain on Sunday

28 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

However I do think that Dragovic is not only more comfortable on the ball but also read / anticipate the game better, a quality that I value immensely as it gives the crucial that split second advantage over your opponent.While morgan was injured, he stepped up and did the job very well. Enough, imho, to deserve his place in the starting XI. He's exactly the type of player Puel is looking for, yet the latter seems to prefer an ageing old school CB who will never be comfortable with the ball.

I agree entirely. 

I'm not quite sure what Dragovic has to do when, to my mind, he's the more suited player to our new style under Puel. I can only assume that Morgan's role as captain plays a big part in his selection. They are very different players and whilst I don't doubt for a second Morgan's passion and commitment, Dragovic has the edge for me. Added to that, since coming back, I think Morgan has looked clumsy and has given away free kicks, perhaps due to his passion. 

59 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Welcome back.. The beast from the East.. Aka.  Wasilewski! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

This best come to nothing... I need to get back to Birmingham to then travel the next day to Heathrow Airport... 

5 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Morgan is having a good season so far, there isn't much one can blame him for. He's still an excellent shot stopper (proved it one more time against WBA and learned (a bit) to play the ball on the ground.

Dragovic's on loan, living on scraps he puts a shift when it matters, does well and then gets dropped. I can't wrap my head around it no matter how I look at it. It just doesn't add up. Only speculations but I do think that some players have lot of weight when it comes to decide who starts the game.

How I take the Dragovic loan, he was brought in to do a job when needed. We have our preferred centre backs who when injured would need replacing. 

If when you stand in and show you're capable (which Dragovic has done), then we may buy you in the next window and look at replacing one of the regulars. 

I don't think a loan player is going to oust a lcfc player long term other than through injury. 

I am hopeful that what he has shown is enough to warrant us promising him first team games and dropping Morgan. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, browniefox said:

How I take the Dragovic loan, he was brought in to do a job when needed. We have our preferred centre backs who when injured would need replacing. 

If when you stand in and show you're capable (which Dragovic has done), then we may buy you in the next window and look at replacing one of the regulars. 

I don't think a loan player is going to oust a lcfc player long term other than through injury. 

I am hopeful that what he has shown is enough to warrant us promising him first team games and dropping Morgan. 

Short sighted vision.

Morgan is 34. Granted he did well until now, he just got shoehorned into Puel's system and will never be fully comfortable. He's not the future, Dragovic is.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Short sighted vision.

Morgan is 34. Granted he did well until now, he just got shoehorned into Puel's system and will never be fully comfortable. He's not the future, Dragovic is.

I believe Puel believes Morgan's long ball play is what keeps him in the team

• Haha 2