Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Leicester Vs Chelsea FA Cup

19 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Will you still be posting the same in 2020 when he's 36?

Time catches up with everyone, even captains of Premier league winners.

Have to agree. Making the case for a player on the basis that he won the league is essentially what the players appear to be doing (allegedly). 

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

They are not as formidable as they were last season, for sure if we are on it, we will give them a game predicting us to win in Extra time.

Extra time in the replay at Stamford Bridge? That's a bold prediction.

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Will you still be posting the same in 2020 when he's 36?

Time catches up with everyone, even captains of Premier league winners.

1. if that is the case then surely it is better to use language like 'past his best' not hopeless. Just feels a lot more respectful to our most successful captain. could you imagine Liverpool fans describing Gerrard as hopeless? even in his last season or so when he was way past his best. 

2. Personally I don't think Wes is past his best. He was fantastic this season before his injury and is just starting to find his form again after a long lay off. He is still a decent Premier League center half with a lot to offer the club.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

1. if that is the case then surely it is better to use language like 'past his best' not hopeless. Just feels a lot more respectful to our most successful captain. could you imagine Liverpool fans describing Gerrard as hopeless? even in his last season or so when he was way past his best. 

2. Personally I don't think Wes is past his best. He was fantastic this season before his injury and is just starting to find his form again after a long lay off. He is still a decent Premier League center half with a lot to offer the club.

You blew it with your misspelling of centre. ;)

We should have done them at the Bridge.

I still think we start as firm underdogs but their fixtures may just sway it in our favour. Of the two sides, we have the inform attackers in Vardy and Mahrez. Please, please..................

VAR that'll be 6 minutes of added time in each half then.

I should be really up for this but it's just not quite there at the moment, the way the FA Cup has been perceived/treated over the last few years has got to me I guess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

If Craig Pawson is in charge and we’re using VAR then he may as well not bother going on the pitch, because he won’t make a decision. 

To be fair, it's the same Ref + VAR pairing that they used for the Carabao Cup Final, and that was fairly seamless.

With the way it's being used at the moment, the way the game flows depends on the ability of the ref and the VAR. I think this pairing is one of the better ones. If it was the Tierney + Scott pairing (what was used in that god awful Tottenham game) then I'd be very worried.

5 hours ago, Livid said:

VAR that'll be 6 minutes of added time in each half then.

I should be really up for this but it's just not quite there at the moment, the way the FA Cup has been perceived/treated over the last few years has got to me I guess.

Especially if moses is playing. nailed on for a peno against us.

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

To be fair, it's the same Ref + VAR pairing that they used for the Carabao Cup Final, and that was fairly seamless.

With the way it's being used at the moment, the way the game flows depends on the ability of the ref and the VAR. I think this pairing is one of the better ones. If it was the Tierney + Scott pairing (what was used in that god awful Tottenham game) then I'd be very worried.

Would prefer the usual laurel and hardy ?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, the fox said:

Is there any news about the date of the postpond game vs arsenal?

They said they will confirm the dates after the FA Cup QF's. I assume if Leicester or Southampton progress, they want to avoid giving them a game 3 days before an FA Cup semi. Also dependant on Arsenal's performance in the Europa League.

Think it will be Wednesday 18th April or Wednesday 2nd May.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, AjcW said:

:revenge:

****ing hell mate, soften the blow! That’s like following up being told you’ve got a couple of weeks to live, with the news that you’ve got to spend those weeks with Katy Hopkins!!

Yeah, VAR was awful when it gave us Iheanacho's goal wasn't it. 

****ing English, man. Spend a decade crying that a lack of var cost them against Germany then start crying when there's teething problems implementing it. 

Got to be the moaniest nation on the planet sometimes. Like the whole country just periodically turns in to Newcastle fans.