Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Leicester Vs Chelsea FA Cup

Im getting a bit tense about this one already ...     back page of the Mercury Puel says there is no pressure, the pressure will be on Chelsea ..   two pages further in, the headline ..  “We all agree, it’s the biggest game of the season” ...     

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Im getting a bit tense about this one already ...     back page of the Mercury Puel says there is no pressure, the pressure will be on Chelsea ..   two pages further in, the headline ..  “We all agree, it’s the biggest game of the season” ...     

Massive game , pressure should be felt they should be chomping at the bit and desperate to put on a good show and get to wembley , I really dislike managers saying there is no pressure , it’s the 1/4 final of the the greatest domestic cup competition on the planet , 100% there should be presure 

This is pretty well our season wrapped up in 90 minutes

I don’t think we have the consistency required to take 7th

The players should be absolutely right for this mentally and if so, Chelsea shouldn’t be able to live with our intensity. think back two seasons how these guys performed when they were really at it, really concentrating. Think back to that second half against athleti - how we  continually kept them under pressure. IF this team really want it then they will deliver. Question is how much are they actually bothered, when push comes to shove. 

37 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Massive game , pressure should be felt they should be chomping at the bit and desperate to put on a good show and get to wembley , I really dislike managers saying there is no pressure , it’s the 1/4 final of the the greatest domestic cup competition on the planet , 100% there should be presure 

Loadsa pressure ...   and I’m already feeling it ...  tbh the  thought of seeing benchwarmer and Kante playing against us is hard to stomach ..   and if they won ...   I would make a bear with a sore head look happy ...   

• Like 1

Read The Potch comments today saying the FA Cup isn't up for much and not really a trophy of note for Spurs. You'd think with all those home games Spurs would be up for it but seems the manager is getting the Spursy excuse ready just in case. If Puel came out with crap like that I'd get myself annoyed.

57 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

This is pretty well our season wrapped up in 90 minutes

I don’t think we have the consistency required to take 7th

The players should be absolutely right for this mentally and if so, Chelsea shouldn’t be able to live with our intensity. think back two seasons how these guys performed when they were really at it, really concentrating. Think back to that second half against athleti - how we  continually kept them under pressure. IF this team really want it then they will deliver. Question is how much are they actually bothered, when push comes to shove. 

For sure, the only way to win this is to get over them like a fevered rash and play hard. I haven't seen that out the blocks, getting at you,  intensity since 2015-16 though.

2 minutes ago, Bazly said:

For sure, the only way to win this is to get over them like a fevered rash and play hard. I haven't seen that out the blocks, getting at you,  intensity since 2015-16 though.

Champions League last year? In particular Sevilla and Atletico. Hopefully tomorrow the players will leave everything on the pitch and I hope the fans get behind like they did in the title winning season and the CL games

Who starts in midfield for this?

We did alright with James and N'Didi back in January but surely Chelsea will be a different animal tomorrow.Kante's show v Barcelona would worry you.

Iborra is a good player to have in there but I'm not sure he's the best man to be tracking back. Man U nulified him by getting players around him every time.surely Chelsea will try and do the same.

Is there a case for the much maligned Matty James to start?

2 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Who starts in midfield for this?

We did alright with James and N'Didi back in January but surely Chelsea will be a different animal tomorrow.Kante's show v Barcelona would worry you.

Iborra is a good player to have in there but I'm not sure he's the best man to be tracking back. Man U nulified him by getting players around him every time.surely Chelsea will try and do the same.

Will it be a similar story though where Chelsea were tired for that match so just didn't have the energy? I like to think it will. 

40 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

And do what exactly? He doesn't tackle much. He doesn't pass forward much. He gets dragged to the ball when we are in possession so is out of position when we lose the ball. He is hardly likely to actually score a goal. I'm struggling to see a case.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bazly said:

And do what exactly? He doesn't tackle much. He doesn't pass forward much. He gets dragged to the ball when we are in possession so is out of position when we lose the ball. He is hardly likely to actually score a goal. I'm struggling to see a case.

Leave him alone, he’s just coming back from injury...

2 minutes ago, Bazly said:

James did well when we beat Chelsea. I'd prefer to see Iborra, however, since I can't think of any qualities that James has that Iborra doesn't. Nonetheless, I wouldn't be shocked if James were picked: if Puel is going for the same tactics again why not choose the man who best performed those tactics?

Kasper

Simpson Morgan Maguire Fuchs

I can't see Dragovic coming back after loads of games on the bench for perhaps our biggest game of the season. Morgan may do well. If he's protected by Ndidi he could concentrate on what he's good at: using his physicality and head. Besides, I'm not sure if we'll be launching flowing attacks from the back in this game anyway. And Chilwell should be making way for Fuchs in big games: Chilwell still needs to improve his defending.

Mahrez Ndidi Iborra Albrighton

Iborra had a good previous game and I find it hard to argue that James can better perform Puel's tactics. But James did well previously against Chelsea so I wouldn't be surprised to see him again. Albrighton will give us more well needed defensive protection than Gray and I doubt Diabate has had enough game time to start.

Vardy Okazaki

Iheanacho had a great last game but Shinji gives us the ability to use him in midfield to crowd out Chelsea's midfield, something that may be vital to our game. Bringing on Ian once Shinji is knackered to add some attacking flair would be a very good shout, likewise with Albrighton and Diabate.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Kasper

Simpson Morgan Maguire Fuchs

I can't see Dragovic coming back after loads of games on the bench for perhaps our biggest game of the season. Morgan may do well. If he's protected by Ndidi he could concentrate on what he's good at: using his physicality and head. Besides, I'm not sure if we'll be launching flowing attacks from the back in this game anyway. And Chilwell should be making way for Fuchs in big games: Chilwell still needs to improve his defending.

Mahrez Ndidi Iborra Albrighton

Iborra had a good previous game and I find it hard to argue that James can better perform Puel's tactics. But James did well previously against Chelsea so I wouldn't be surprised to see him again. Albrighton will give us more well needed defensive protection than Gray and I doubt Diabate has had enough game time to start.

Vardy Okazaki

Iheanacho had a great last game but Shinji gives us the ability to use him in midfield to crowd out Chelsea's midfield, something that may be vital to our game. Bringing on Ian once Shinji is knackered to add some attacking flair would be a very good shout, likewise with Albrighton and Diabate.

Agree with this, although think would like Nacho in there instead. His mental block for scoring was more for league matches - his goal scoring for the cup matches has actually been really good. 

I am very pro Drago, but having the experience of Wes in there as captain will be beneficial I feel. Likewise Iborra surely has far more experience of 'big occasion' matches. 

2 hours ago, rachhere said:

Agree with this, although think would like Nacho in there instead. His mental block for scoring was more for league matches - his goal scoring for the cup matches has actually been really good.

Nacho's improved a lot, looks very likely to score or assist and seems to get on with Vardy. Still, I'd only start him if our problem is converting chances rather than winning the midfield battle. There was a guy on YouTube who analysed our previous match with Chelsea. Central to our strategy was Shinji crowding out their midfield and Ndidi dropping back to nullify Hazard. Unless Iheanacho has new dimensions to his play there's no way he could take Shinji's role. Puel might try a different tactic though.

Edited by Foxxed