Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Leicester Vs Chelsea FA Cup

lcfc to travel to marbela in southern Spain from Tuesday to Friday. training and preparation of the fa cup against Chelsea next Sunday at the KP . Chelsea will play the second leg at camp nou and Conte will have his head occupied by barca and Leicester matches ( I think puel by chosing Spain meant to occup conte s head and mind , good strategy )

for the team I prefer same formation 

Edited by Almo-Fox

1 hour ago, UPinCarolina said:

I could honestly see Iborra making way for James, given the success we had against Chelsea in the draw.

ya - I think people are taking it for granted that Puel will stick with Iborra.  I'd prefer it, but could easily see James starting.

On 10/03/2018 at 22:47, trabuch said:

I think we are going to be beat Spurs in the final. But I am an idealist (couple of years ago I thought we were going to win the league). 

Imagine the meltdown from spurs fans if that happens. Some were calling for Pochetinos head after they lost to Juve ?

• Like 1

I can't see too many changes for this one, maybe just the obvious ones such as Fuchs for Chilwell and maybe Albrighton for Gray and Iheanacho for Okazaki if he's been impressed enough by Iheanacho's involvement in that number 10 role. James of course might come back in but I hope he's learnt to give Iborra and Ndidi more game time together as that spell between October and December those two really helped turn our season around, but then again James was mustard vs Chelsea in January and Puel loves making changes.

Jakupovic or Kasper

Amartey if fit if not Darnell Johnson

Dragovic

Maguire

Chilwell

Ndidi

Iborra

Mahrez

Silva or Iheanacho

Diabaté

Vardy

Absolutely must press their defenders as much as possible and not allow them easy possession. Without Luiz they look shaky on the ball at the back to me. Okazaki must start as a result and I think he'll go for Albrighton and Fuchs as they will offer more defensive solidity against Willian, who is playing really well for Chelsea at the minute. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Seems a straight forward selection to me.

Kasper

Simpson

Dragovic

Morgan

Fuchs

Albighton

N'didi

Iborra

Mahrez

Okazaki

Vardy

No Maguire? Would prefer Morgan to be dropped given the pace of Chelsea (it won't happen though)

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Seems a straight forward selection to me.

Kasper

Simpson

Dragovic Morgan

Maguire

Fuchs

Albighton

N'didi

Iborra

Mahrez

Okazaki

Vardy

You don't drop your best players for no reason :ph34r:

I think that this will indeed be the starting XI. He'll give Dragovic some scraps before sending him to the bench for the rest of the season if we're to lose the game.

Them travelling to Barcelona, and probably having a tough and exhausting evening, gives us a real chance in this one.

Hopefully we turn up though, because we'll still have to be excellent to turn them over. The passive 'wait for something to happen and then react to it' approach won't do for this either- we will have to be at them like we were at Stamford Bridge in January.

• Like 1

Barcelona should have enough about them to take Chelsea but if its tight for 70 minutes or longer then its good for us.

Chelsea's away record since losing to West Ham is not good but its balanced out by our weakness at home of late. Getting the first goal here is key.An early mahrez-assist and vardy goal as in december 2015 would raise the roof.

Nothing against Kante but we haven't beaten them since he left us so would be very satisfying to get one over them.

Huge game. Biggest of the season. Claude got a boost last saturday. A win on sunday would go a long way to winning the doubters over.

It’s our fuching year boys’n’girls - our FUCHING year. Time to tick off the FA cup. We gonna do these mutha’s in da ass. 

In other news - tough game which we may or may not shade depending on our desire, application and the rub of the green. It is winnable for sure. Hopefully we give a good account of ourselves. 

16 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

ok, it's a different competition, but a year ago, almost to the day, we played Sevilla at home. Possibly the best ever LCFC experience I've had. Hope my recording rekindles some memories.

Let's make it happen

Gutted there isn't a display for the FA cup fixture, the atmosphere on those nights was amazing.

I don't expect it to be the same on Sunday, but we should try our hardest as fans to match it. We do have a real chance of winning the FA Cup this year, we need to get behind them from before the game right until the very end. It's no coincidence we play better when the support is better. Get the lads fired up for this and we'll win.

I'm desperate for more european nights at the KP, I still get goosebumps rewatching the videos from those nights.

6 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Will you still be posting the same in 2020 when he's 36?

Time catches up with everyone, even captains of Premier league winners.

Wes has done little wrong this season, again.

If he's crap, I'll say he's crap. He struggled massively at the weekend and was poor, but I thought a lot of that was to do with what he was being asked to do. To me it looked like he was tasked with following Rondon where he went, there was often no other player anywhere near him for support and was being out muscled (doens't happen often). Meaning he ended up fouling him all the time and was lucky to not be sent off.