Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FOXYTALK

Summer 2018 Transfer Kitty

4 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Manchester United are basically linked with every young-ish player in Europe on a regular basis.

What players like Meunier need to think about is the probability of gaining a spot in the starting XI. With Manchester United, they have Valencia and Meunier would face the same issue he's having at PSG right now - unable to get past Dani Alves.

Realistically, Danny Simpson needs competition at right-back and Meunier is the future.

I certainly agree about replacing Simpson. He's been brilliant for us as a defensive right back but if we want our full backs to support the attack then he isn't that man. He's really tried to adapt to what Puel wants but I was at the West Brom game and he was like a fish out of water bombing forward in a game that we dominated. 

I'd love Meunier here but I just can't see it. He will have better offers than us and if we're the only offer he'd probably rather stay and fight for his place at PSG as Alves is 34 now.

13 hours ago, gurru991 said:

For me thats where it all begins.. The keeper & the two centre backs !!! I would love to see Tarkowski alongside Harry but realistically don't see Burnley selling to us. We will need to uncover another Gem like Harry.

Imo I wouldnt mind ben mee if available. 

3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Imo I wouldnt mind ben mee if available. 

Its funny that Tarkowski seems to get more credit than Ben Mee. Keane looked good alongside Mee as well.

I can't see Dyche letting anyone leave unless its very big money

2 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

We should go in for ben gibson from boro.

if they do not get promoted i think a bid of 15Million should do it and that would be a perfect partnership to maguire for many years 

I'd like gibson but knowing todays market even if they didn't go up I bet they'd want at least 30 - 35m. Don't think hes worth that but Championship players cost more than internationals. 

On 3/21/2018 at 11:26, Babylon said:

Because he's a professional, he's stated he'd like to stay, he's noted that he's got people in front of him but that they aren't long term options.

Seemed to have his head screwed on and seemed to understand he was playing the long game here.

Wants to live in London and play. Doubt he'll sign for us.

Think that selling Slimani will be the most difficult, as Newcastle appear to be a club that doesn't feel like doing business for their own needs at times under Mike Ashley.

If Musa keeps on performing well on-loan, it'll be more easier, perhaps, to sell him in the summer.

59 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Its funny that Tarkowski seems to get more credit than Ben Mee. Keane looked good alongside Mee as well.

I can't see Dyche letting anyone leave unless its very big money

Burnley defenders will look good for Burnley as they as so bloody defensive. But them in a more expansive team and they might struggle.

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

I'd like gibson but knowing todays market even if they didn't go up I bet they'd want at least 30 - 35m. Don't think hes worth that but Championship players cost more than internationals. 

Gibson hasn't had a great year in the Championship, decent but not outstanding. If he is facing another year in the championship I'm sure he will be pushing for a move.

5 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Gibson hasn't had a great year in the Championship, decent but not outstanding. If he is facing another year in the championship I'm sure he will be pushing for a move.

I agree with what your saying I just get the feeling boro will try to get the most they can for him. If your a young player in the Championship your valuation goes up massively if you have a good season. Look at maddison at norwich they paid 2.5m for him now they are asking for 25m for him. You can understand why Prem sides look abroad. 

• Like 1

I'd rather we look at cast-offs from some of the bigger teams. 

Mourinho's not happy with Jones or Smalling. One of those partnering Macguire would be nice. 

Or Zouma won't get a look in at Chelsea. He's a good player who I wouldn't mind seeing in a partnership with Macguire. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, les-tah said:

I wouldn't say we uncovered Harry he was already on the verge of england but they opted for Ben Gibson and it was us who made a gambled and paid a decent amount for him.

Every team knew about him but Keane & Gibson seemed to be the targets. We bought for 12 with add-ons up to 17. He is almost certainly worth 40 and maybe more in this crazy market. An increase of 23 mill in a year makes him a gem in my books.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-target-italy-bologna-1397800

Leicester City are interested in signing Bologna forward Simone Verdi, according to reports coming out of Italy.

Corriere Di Bologna suggest that City have made contact with the 25-year-old’s agent with a request for more information surrounding the Italian international.

City are reportedly facing competition from both Premier League and Serie A sides for Verdi’s signature. Watford are thought to be interested, whilst Napoli, Inter Milan and Roma are all vying to sign him.

His contract with Bologna runs until the summer of 2021.

Verdi, who can operate either on the wing or in attack, has enjoyed his most prolific campaign this year having scored seven goals in Serie A in 25 appearances. He has also provided seven assists in that time. In total, he has made 55 appearances in his time with Bologna, netting 13 times and providing 12 assists.

After progressing through AC Milan’s youth system, Verdi has gone on to represent Torino, Empoli and Carpi in his native Italy as well has having a short loan spell at Spanish outfit SD Eibar.

He made his debut for the Italian national team last year with a one minute cameo in a 2-1 victory over the Netherlands but has only made one further appearance since.

It has been reported that Napoli agreed a deal to sign the player in January but Verdi rejected the move.

16 minutes ago, lcfcnsk said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-target-italy-bologna-1397800

Leicester City are interested in signing Bologna forward Simone Verdi, according to reports coming out of Italy.

Corriere Di Bologna suggest that City have made contact with the 25-year-old’s agent with a request for more information surrounding the Italian international.

City are reportedly facing competition from both Premier League and Serie A sides for Verdi’s signature. Watford are thought to be interested, whilst Napoli, Inter Milan and Roma are all vying to sign him.

His contract with Bologna runs until the summer of 2021.

Verdi, who can operate either on the wing or in attack, has enjoyed his most prolific campaign this year having scored seven goals in Serie A in 25 appearances. He has also provided seven assists in that time. In total, he has made 55 appearances in his time with Bologna, netting 13 times and providing 12 assists.

After progressing through AC Milan’s youth system, Verdi has gone on to represent Torino, Empoli and Carpi in his native Italy as well has having a short loan spell at Spanish outfit SD Eibar.

He made his debut for the Italian national team last year with a one minute cameo in a 2-1 victory over the Netherlands but has only made one further appearance since.

It has been reported that Napoli agreed a deal to sign the player in January but Verdi rejected the move.

On 3/17/2018 at 17:39, Vindaloo FOX said:

Simone Verdi

i said it and i really hope it happens, rate this lad. 

Edited by Vindaloo FOX

I'd still rather we tried to sign Adama Traore from Middlesbrough, rather than Verdi.  Granted Traore will probably cost more, but he's having fantastic season in the Championship and is finally up to speed with the physicality of English football.  He'd be my number one replacement for Mahrez, even if he cost a small fortune.

15 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

I'd still rather we tried to sign Adama Traore from Middlesbrough, rather than Verdi.  Granted Traore will probably cost more, but he's having fantastic season in the Championship and is finally up to speed with the physicality of English football.  He'd be my number one replacement for Mahrez, even if he cost a small fortune.

Verdi isn't a winger, so perhaps could have both for reasonable fees

3 hours ago, breadandcheese said:

He reminds me of musa - loads of pace and .....................