Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

2 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Wouldn’t it be good if true (& we had a better option at the ready to put in his place).

Alas, it’s fugesi news.

Indeed - it is most likely utter tosh. It’s probably a million to one........:D

6 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

*The owners and those in our fanbase who've "never liked him" but are secretly bricking it at the idea of him having some success this season because they'll look stupid.

That's really not going to happen is it.?

Unless of course your version of success is the odd victory here and there mixed in amongst many games full of garbage.

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

That's really not going to happen is it.?

Unless of course your version of success is the odd victory here and there mixed in amongst many games full of garbage.

Sound. I'll look forward to your "I told you so" then.

9 hours ago, Liamlcfc1 said:

Screenshot_20180615-121427.png

7 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Who is Alan Nixon? 

6 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

If its the same one I'm thinking of - works for the Mirror

Alan Nixon was on the staff at the Mirror, he's now Freelance - but writes a lot in the Sun. 

Comolli and Puel were together at Monaco. Puel played there for 17 years, Comolli was a Youth player at that time and became Youth Team Coach in 1992 - pretty much the time Puel ended his playing career and began his Coaching badges (he became Manager in 1996, when Comolli left to go to Arsenal).  Comolli has only just been appointed Director of Football at Fenerbace.

Edited by Outfox the Fox
  • Like 1

Just now, Ian S said:

You won't have to wait long.

Hooray. Another season of recovering from sacking at the first sign of trouble then. Can't wait.

Sure you'll be willing to give the new bloke at least a full season before judging him though, right?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Hooray. Another season of recovering from sacking at the first sign of trouble then. Can't wait.

Sure you'll be willing to give the new bloke at least a full season before judging him though, right?

It's best to judge before they even start. Saves time

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

*The owners and those in our fanbase who've "never liked him" but are secretly bricking it at the idea of him having some success this season because they'll look stupid.

Love to have success and look stupid better than being proved right and relegated

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

the owners showed when they sacked Claudio they will sack someone regardless of what press coverage they will get, if they were going to sack him they would have done so by now

If we don’t start well, he’ll be gone within 6 games imo.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Col city fan said:

If we don’t start well, he’ll be gone within 6 games imo.

I agree he will definitely be on a short leash next season, but think 10-15 games is more realistic before our owners will take action. 

You just know Big Sam will be lurking too! :thumbdown:

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

And we'll just keep going around and around untill we go down. Sacking managers constantly just doesn't work.

Does not seem to bother Watford, a club with a lot less resources than us.However I agree that constantly sacking managers is not a great idea but on this occasion I strongly believe we have the wrong man at the helm and remain surprised he has survived .

23 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

The alternative is a season of struggle anyway based on what we have seen of Puel so far.You don't always need a full season to realise you have the wrong man in charge.

Not to worry lets just give him 15 more games by which time we will be consigned to another season of under achieving at the wrong end of the table.

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

The alternative is a season of struggle anyway based on what we have seen of Puel so far.You don't always need a full season to realise you have the wrong man in charge.

Not to worry lets just give him 15 more games by which time we will be consigned to another season of under achieving at the wrong end of the table.

Tbh it he was/is trying to change with players he didn't sign. I'll judge him this coming season when he'll be playing his style with his players. 

• Like 2