Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

Very few who are vocally pro Puel. But many have their knives out for Puel.

Give the man at least the time we gave Shakespeare.

And we gave Shakepeare half one season, a transfer window and the start of another season.

The frantic naysaying seems odd.

Puel's already had more than half a season and the January transfer window.

Just now, Foxxed said:

Very few who are vocally pro Puel. But many have their knives out for Puel.

Give the man at least the time we gave Shakespeare.

And we gave Shakepeare half one season, a transfer window and the start of another season.

I fear it's going to be the same outcome as Shakespeare.

Feels like we're caught in a groundhog day style situation every season.

Was a great chance to break that this summer. I wonder if the owners were tempted? 

7 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Very few are vocally pro Puel. But many have their knives out for Puel.

Give the man the time we gave Shakespeare.

For absolutely no reason, that's the most pathetic. He's building his team, coping with the loss of Mahrez, experimenting a bit in meaningless games and the usual angry mob is already calling for his head.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Puel's already had more than half a season and the January transfer window.

He was hardly here too long before the January window. He's not been here a whole season yet.

Most who have fears about Puel would be happy if we start to play well under Puel.

With your very vocal vitriol in recent months, I suspect you'll be chipper if we are forced to again find a new manger, and downbeat if we do well enough to keep Puel.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

For absolutely no reason, that's the most pathetic. He's building his team, coping with the loss of Mahrez, experimenting a bit in meaningless games and the usual angry mob is already calling for his head.

You forgot to mention whilst being lumbered with a load of dead wood to boot 

• Thanks 1

Haven't read the thread (too busy) but doubt anyone is anti Puel. Just got to give him this season and see how it goes, no point changing again, need some consistency. Some Leicester fans used to be dead fickle and want managers out asap but I like to think we have changed from that immature outloook. Good luck to puel and the lads this season.

What I find the most worrying, is the lack of movement in either direction. The transfer window ends early this year, and as usual we are running out of time! I fear it's going to be a last minute rush, in which we will miss out on the main targets. I thought the club said we had big money to spend, but I have seen very little sign of late, that we have  put big money up for quality players. Every year it is the same mad dash for any old Tom, Dick and Harry. It's just so frustrating.

It's going to be a very rough ride next season, and, I can't see us in the top half.

If the Board does want to replace Puel, they would surely have done it a couple of months ago.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

I honestly can't understand this attitude. They look to me like whiny, spoiled brats.

Yep it looks like too many are happy to take a wage and moan and cause hassle rather than try and actually win a place back and others are just had it so cushy for so long they have become blasé 

42 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

He was hardly here too long before the January window. He's not been here a whole season yet.

Most who have fears about Puel would be happy if we start to play well under Puel.

With your very vocal vitriol in recent months, I suspect you'll be chipper if we are forced to again find a new manger, and downbeat if we do well enough to keep Puel.

What a ridiculous thing to say, why would I not want the club to do well?

I remember how bad Claudio’s pre season looked.... ?

Fitness (yes)

Team bonding (looks better than I’ve seen in ages) 

Seen a starting XI yet? (No no no no) 

chill the **** out. Jesus 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I remember how bad Claudio’s pre season looked.... ?

Fitness (yes)

Team bonding (looks better than I’ve seen in ages) 

Seen a starting XI yet? (No no no no) 

chill the **** out. Jesus 

Yep if Jesus wants the job it's his...  #gerimout !... Although avin said that just give enough rope..once we've lost to Man U & Wolves the Storm clouds will gather...can't believe he survived from the end of the last campaign.

Edited by The Wizard

2 hours ago, chapero82 said:

This isn’t down to the manager! It’s the same every pre season! Start off well then fizzle out, it’s Rudkin’s job and he is the man to go!

we can’t keep sacking managers 

The problem has been the appointment of the last two managers neither of whom should have been appointed.

Sacking a manager who is underperforming or not up to the task is the correct course of action.

Get the right man for the job in the first place and there will be no need for anyone to get the bullet.

So I agree whoever has made those calls should be taken to task.

Puel should have gone in May, and now we will have to write of another season when he can’t get it right, appoint god knows who in a panic, and so it goes on.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 3

everton have silva who a lot wanted . they have drew with bury and lille. lost the last 3 too porto 1-0 blackburn 3-0 rennes 4-1 . all about signing the right manager who none of us knows better than the next person on here. conte sacked jose will probably be sacked when we beat them . silva carries on how he is  he will be sacked . puel looking good :ph34r:

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, waylander said:

everton have silva who a lot wanted . they have drew with bury and lille. lost the last 3 too porto 1-0 blackburn 3-0 rennes 4-1 . all about signing the right manager who none of us knows better than the next person on here. conte sacked jose will probably be sacked when we beat them . silva carries on how he is  he will be sacked . puel looking good :ph34r:

It's literally pre season. Don't think the board of any club would be thinking of sacking a manager based on pre season.