Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

3 hours ago, chapero82 said:

This isn’t down to the manager! It’s the same every pre season! Start off well then fizzle out, it’s Rudkin’s job and he is the man to go!

we can’t keep sacking managers 

We could give it one last go?

19 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Haven't read the thread (too busy) but doubt anyone is anti Puel. Just got to give him this season and see how it goes, no point changing again, need some consistency. Some Leicester fans used to be dead fickle and want managers out asap but I like to think we have changed from that immature outloook. Good luck to puel and the lads this season.

You need to find time and read it then mate ? In summary a lot think we have the anti-christ as our manager and there is a Foxestalk witch hunt to hound him out. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

What I find the most worrying, is the lack of movement in either direction. The transfer window ends early this year, and as usual we are running out of time! I fear it's going to be a last minute rush, in which we will miss out on the main targets. I thought the club said we had big money to spend, but I have seen very little sign of late, that we have  put big money up for quality players. Every year it is the same mad dash for any old Tom, Dick and Harry. It's just so frustrating.

It's going to be a very rough ride next season, and, I can't see us in the top half.

If the Board does want to replace Puel, they would surely have done it a couple of months ago.

Not so sure about Tom and Dick, but Harry turned out to be quite good.

I really expected a Transfer List would have been posted at the end of last season. As previously stated the squad is bloated and we need to ship quite a lot out the door. 

Does this come down to a lack of bottle by Puel or is he taking a common sense approach due to who he has available. Sarri has set out what he wants Emery has done the same and players are in no doubt they need to find another club as they no longer have a future where they are. 

The fact that players are still here, who should be actively looking for alternative  placements, appear to give them a believe there is a chance to force there way into the team. 

Part of management is to do the dirty bits, Puel's seemingly reluctance to convey this message is a worry! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chapero82 said:

This isn’t down to the manager! It’s the same every pre season! Start off well then fizzle out, it’s Rudkin’s job and he is the man to go!

we can’t keep sacking managers 

Rudkin does not choose the incoming players. He is given a list of players that the  manager & scouts want. He then tries to close the deal. The owners have the final say on the manager.

This hatred for Rudkin just doesn't make any sense. Blame the manager & scouting staff for the team.

When I see Rudkin on the sidline directing the play then I will change my opinion.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I really expected a Transfer List would have been posted at the end of last season. As previously stated the squad is bloated and we need to ship quite a lot out the door. 

Does this come down to a lack of bottle by Puel or is he taking a common sense approach due to who he has available. Sarri has set out what he wants Emery has done the same and players are in no doubt they need to find another club as they no longer have a future where they are. 

The fact that players are still here, who should be actively looking for alternative  placements, appear to give them a believe there is a chance to force there way into the team. 

Part of management is to do the dirty bits, Puel's seemingly reluctance to convey this message is a worry! 

Chelsea and Arsenal have players other clubs might want to buy. We'd struggle to shift our deadwood on loan tbh.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Rudkin does not choose the incoming players. He is given a list of players that the  manager & scouts want. He then tries to close the deal. The owners have the final say on the manager.

This hatred for Rudkin just doesn't make any sense. Blame the manager & scouting staff for the team.

When I see Rudkin on the sidline directing the play then I will change my opinion.

It’s Rudkin’s  job to get rid of the unwanted players though 

9 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

It certainly is & I'm sure he is on it. Some of the players that he is trying to move are not going to be easy move though.

I guess the big problem will be how much money City are prepared to loose.

Not a lot of clubs lining up for Slimani.

The real concern I have is, surely Puel told the Board back in May that we need to replace Morgan. Evans is a very slight upgrade and at best a very short-term fix.    So if Harry is still here and considered not ready to start in two weeks time, do we go with Morgan and Evans??    Is this really the extent of our ambitions?  The scouting Team should have found a replacement for Morgan by now.   Liam Moore would be a better option!

So if Puel has given the Scouting Team his wish profile, you do have to question what Rudkin and Scouting have been doing all summer.  Furthermore, we have shifted no one out (other than Mahrez) and this needs to be done urgently, even if we have to takehuge hits for the shocking previous recruitment.

So maybe Puel deserves some sympathy?

23 hours ago, AjcW said:

I remember how bad Claudio’s pre season looked.... ?

Fitness (yes)

Team bonding (looks better than I’ve seen in ages) 

Seen a starting XI yet? (No no no no) 

chill the **** out. Jesus 

Yep if Jesus wants the job it's his...  #gerimout !

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I'm sure he wants them to go but unless we pay up contracts, we need other clubs to bid for them.

45 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Amazing bearing in mind Puel wasn't here last year, how a year on we're after the same players, Evans, Gibson, must just be coincidence....

That's why the argument last season of "He hasn't had chance to bring his players" stance didn't stand up for me or being failed by the powers that be.

20 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

The real concern I have is, surely Puel told the Board back in May that we need to replace Morgan. Evans is a very slight upgrade and at best a very short-term fix.    So if Harry is still here and considered not ready to start in two weeks time, do we go with Morgan and Evans??    Is this really the extent of our ambitions?  The scouting Team should have found a replacement for Morgan by now.   Liam Moore would be a better option!

So if Puel has given the Scouting Team his wish profile, you do have to question what Rudkin and Scouting have been doing all summer.  Furthermore, we have shifted no one out (other than Mahrez) and this needs to be done urgently, even if we have to takehuge hits for the shocking previous recruitment.

So maybe Puel deserves some sympathy?

In this regard yes, I'll stick up for Puel, I said when Shakespeare was sacked, it's pointless just sacking him, wipe the slate clean, we will continue to fail and the man in chance will continue to be failed whilst this is the case.

It doesn't however give Puel a free ride, if we set up and play like last season knives will be out and should it be the case I hope the shit hits the fan deeper than just the manager because something is quite clearly fundamentally wrong, I can't understand how that hasn't been noted by people above him before now though.

Although on the flip said if he really wanted to prove the point we needed to replace Morgan why continue playing him whilst we had a fairly decent loan player sat on the bench?

That said i've was fairly impressed with our early business however since we've reverted back to treading water it seems.

Reading some of the posts on here, I'm glad i've not visited this place much recently, disgusting the amount of hate (The in word innit) people who are questioning Puel are getting. Surely even the most staunchly positive people must have some questions over Puel, for the record I hope they turn out to be right, but the questions need answering and quickly.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

What do you suggest? Should he ring up other clubs and order them to buy our players?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

It certainly is & I'm sure he is on it. Some of the players that he is trying to move are not going to be easy move though.

I guess the big problem will be how much money City are prepared to loose.

Not a lot of clubs lining up for Slimani.

Read an article earlier, i can find it if needed. Stating Fenerbache have given us 48h to agree/disagree to a potential loan for Slimani. What i get from that is we are actively 'trying to sell' and if we cant, there is still the option of a loan. How true the story is, i dont know. 

A lot of new & returning players coming in this season with the possibility of maybe more new signings.

Obviously it makes for a very busy training camp & but by now I'm sure Puel has given Rudkin a list of players who he doesn't require. There is still time to get it done but probably more fun to just bitch about it. 

New Signings

Maddison. Pereira.

Evans. Ward.

Loanees returning.

Mendy, Musa, Elder, Kapustka, Ulluoa, Slimani, King

Young Players breaking in.

Gordon, Thomas, Ndukwu,Hughes.

22 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Read an article earlier, i can find it if needed. Stating Fenerbache have given us 48h to agree/disagree to a potential loan for Slimani. What i get from that is we are actively 'trying to sell' and if we cant, there is still the option of a loan. How true the story is, i dont know. 

Yes I saw that as well. I'm sure there are a few players that City would like to recoup some money on.   Slimani  to go one way or another but I think we may be having second thoughts about Musa. Players with one year left like Ulloa will probably get loaned out to Championship clubs and walk at the end of the season. 

Contrary to popular opinion I think we are doing a decent job moving forward

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mod hero said:

Based on what?

His strategic vision around youth and the clubs development through supporting styles of play and technical abilities, training ground and, gym and sports science etc.... I just want him to be backing players and their styles of play from a differing managers ethos as currently I don’t have loads of faith in his yet.

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

His strategic vision around youth and the clubs development through supporting styles of play and technical abilities, training ground and, gym and sports science etc.... I just want him to be backing players and their styles of play from a differing managers ethos as currently I don’t have loads of faith in his yet.

So you want him sacked as manager then hired to run the club?

1 hour ago, mod hero said:

So you want him sacked as manager then hired to run the club?

Well it was a throwaway comment but if you’re asking if I’d have Benitez as manager and Puel as DOF and Rudkin gone as well, err then yeah! But I’m fairly certain our owners won’t be as keen as I am. I was simply remarking that Puel has directly transferable qualities as a DOF and that coaching might not be his strongeast asset. (Sadly.)