Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

4 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

I’m not convinced anyone new could sort it out, given the fact there is a World Cup in the summer, it makes the logistics just that extra bit more difficult. And looking at previous appointments it’s clear the board sack without any identified targets..... you simply can’t operate like this.

Agree. They really do need to have someone lined up before sacking. Looks very amateurish.

12 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

I’m not convinced anyone new could sort it out, given the fact there is a World Cup in the summer, it makes the logistics just that extra bit more difficult. And looking at previous appointments it’s clear the board sack without any identified targets..... you simply can’t operate like this.

Probably revisit "names" and old choices, like Wagner and Silva.

7 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Agree. They really do need to have someone lined up before sacking. Looks very amateurish.

Not so much lined up, but it would be nice to think they actually bother to keep an eye on football around the world and managers who are proving a hit. You get the feeling they just look down a list of who is available at the time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Not so much lined up, but it would be nice to think they actually bother to keep an eye on football around the world and managers who are proving a hit. You get the feeling they just look down a list of who is available at the time.

They come from a part of the world where there are always loads of people able to fill a job - I can understand them making this kind of mistake when they first fired Sousa but not now - surely ??

certainly wouldnt be surprised if we was in the bottom half next season and even if we was relegated tbh, just for the fact we keep chopping and changing managers ever 6 months, i think if performances were better we wouldnt be having as much of the back lash(like the season when NP kept us up) but the performances have been awful, i wouldnt be surprised if Puel did get sacked in the summer(not arsed either way atm), though we might as well give it Appleton tbh if he did

4 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

certainly wouldnt be surprised if we was in the bottom half next season and even if we was relegated tbh, just for the fact we keep chopping and changing managers ever 6 months, i think if performances were better we wouldnt be having as much of the back lash(like the season when NP kept us up) but the performances have been awful, i wouldnt be surprised if Puel did get sacked in the summer(not arsed either way atm), though we might as well give it Appleton tbh if he did

This is absolutely inevitable until we're relegated if we carry on this way. Clubs in and around our ilk don't get away with it. It'll always catch you up eventually, even if it takes several seasons.

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

"The manager has turned them into boring dross"... because we were well good the year and a half before he turned up eh.

I respect you Babs but that comment is ridiculous, give me Ranieri and Shakespeare's "Boring" football over Claude Puel's any day. The guy is more boring and more negative than those two, yes I felt frustrated in our bad periods under them but they never made me feel bored to the point where I can't be arsed to watch Leicester anymore, yes we suffered some shitty defeats at home under Ranieri and Shakespeare but the football being played wasn't as boring as it is now, it really is like watching paint dry, you might as well take a pillow with you and nod off for 80% of the game because you know full well that nothing good will happen.

All well and good saying chopping and changing will see us relegated and I agree however that also serves to highlight why appointing the right person and giving them a few seasons is key.

Do people think Puel is that man? Your first job is any management position is to get your troops onboard with what you are doing and he’s clearly failed at that. 

Also, people constantly blaming ‘the old guard’ seek some way off the mark here with numerous journos and ITKs saying it’s players like Iborra who are equally as baffled.

• Like 1

John Percy is always on the money with Leicester news, so that article is ominous for Puel. I don't mind the guy, but he's done a poor job in engaging with the fans and players. He'll feel hard done by to be axed in two successive seasons despite doing OK, but this squad is under-performing and the owners have invested decently into squad this year.

It would make me worry though because no one is too good to go down and next season could be tumultuous with a bad appointment should Puel leave.

15 minutes ago, kingfox said:

I respect you Babs but that comment is ridiculous, give me Ranieri and Shakespeare's "Boring" football over Claude Puel's any day. The guy is more boring and more negative than those two, yes I felt frustrated in our bad periods under them but they never made me feel bored to the point where I can't be arsed to watch Leicester anymore, yes we suffered some shitty defeats at home under Ranieri and Shakespeare but the football being played wasn't as boring as it is now, it really is like watching paint dry, you might as well take a pillow with you and nod off for 80% of the game because you know full well that nothing good will happen.

Different opinions, but I prefer watching us actually have the ball compared to Ranieri's second season and Shakespeare's few games. Watching us barely able to put 2 or 3 passes together was dreadful, we made every team look like they were managed by Pep.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

All well and good saying chopping and changing will see us relegated and I agree however that also serves to highlight why appointing the right person and giving them a few seasons is key.

Do people think Puel is that man? Your first job is any management position is to get your troops onboard with what you are doing and he’s clearly failed at that. 

Also, people constantly blaming ‘the old guard’ seek some way off the mark here with numerous journos and ITKs saying it’s players like Iborra who are equally as baffled.

In hindsight maybe the owners have realised that what NP did off the pitch was just as important for the club as on it, that from the outside all seems to have been eroded.

I think we do need to give someone the longer term, but I'm not sure Puel is that man, he says all the right things about long term, young players etc, but I'm not sure there is any evidence on the pitch, apart from maybe, Newcastle and Southampton Away, I always felt had the Everton game gone on 15 mins longer, we would have lost that game as well, we have been poor, 4 wins in 17 is relegation form, we saw a hangover from one season to the next under tatter peeler. So I'd worry about letting him spend millions and then him be gone by October.

As for your last point, that's the worrying thing, he seems to have a split dressing room, yet ironically both sides seems to be saying the same thing, the fact that the Old guard have previous for this it would seem is one thing, but for Iborra a player that comes from a league that likes to pass the ball, being mentioned rings a few alarm bells for me, having a whole squad that's disgruntled is a concern.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Well I disagree massively, I think time has perhaps dampened how ****ing shit we actually were under Ranieri and how boring we ended up under CS after a good start. You can't tell me you were thrilled with how we played at the start of the season under CS? Getting mullered by Hudderfield, Bournemouth and being lucky to get a draw, the absolute dross of the West Brom game.

I'm not happy with what I'm seeing particularly, but this is in no way worse than what came before, it's pretty much on par with what we've seen since we won the league. Unless you thought falling into the bottom three was exciting.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

They come from a part of the world where there are always loads of people able to fill a job - I can understand them making this kind of mistake when they first fired Sousa but not now - surely ??

This is DOF territory. I don't care how well or how badly you are doing, the DOF should always be keeping his eye on teams around Europe and their managers. Whether it's because someone poached yours, or you've had to sack someone. It's surely basic common sense, we do it for players. Following them for years, watching their progress and then making a move if you think they fit and the time is right.

We seem to put the names of out of work managers in a hat and pluck one out.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well I disagree massively, I think time has perhaps dampened how ****ing shit we actually were under Ranieri and how boring we ended up under CS after a good start. You can't tell me you were thrilled with how we played at the start of the season under CS? Getting mullered by Hudderfield, Bournemouth and being lucky to get a draw, the absolute dross of the West Brom game.

I'm not happy with what I'm seeing particularly, but this is in no way worse than what came before. Unless you thought falling into the bottom three was exciting.

I actually think we gave a good account of ourselves in what was guaranteed to be a difficult start under Shakespeare this season. Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool games we didn't get embarrassed, we were pretty unlucky not to get something out of those games. It was the performances against Bournemouth and Huddersfield which obviously cost him his job, those performances were on par with what we've seen under Puel recently.

It's more boring but that's my opinion, I can't stand the football we are seeing, it's absolute dross to the point where I can't be arsed to watch them anymore, on this occasion it's a shame we don't have powers to look into the future, because if he stays and this shit style of football continues my season ticket won't be getting used until he fvcks off.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

The natives are getting restless. Morgan, Fuchs not playing. Kaspar making mistakes, Vardy not getting service, of Okizaki in and out of the team, the knives are out for Puel....

Past their best. Thanks for everything but on the bench they'll sit next season and if doesn't suit them, bye bye.

Wasn't any better under the last managers, we need a 10. Would help if he dropped deeper too but that apparently isn't his game.

Didn't do anything this to deserve a place in the starting XI. Used depending on the situation and will be benched if we get a normal 10.

Bar Vardy and Albrighton to an extent no player of the 2015/2016 team is an undisputable starter. If they're unhappy they can either up their game (as if), they can fck off to a place where the grass is greener.

Edited by ZeGuy

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

This is absolutely inevitable until we're relegated if we carry on this way. Clubs in and around our ilk don't get away with it. It'll always catch you up eventually, even if it takes several seasons.

Like Watford.

It is hardly surprising our owners are concerned.We have stunk the place out for months against mediocre opposition on many occasions and what should have been a very good season with nailed on 7th and at least a semi final has become very disappointing.

We are getting worse and I expect another typical Puel like performance tomorrow and another defeat.

I do agree that those making decisions on managerial appointments need to be held accountable.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Different opinions, but I prefer watching us actually have the ball compared to Ranieri's second season and Shakespeare's few games. Watching us barely able to put 2 or 3 passes together was dreadful, we made every team look like they were managed by Pep.

And what do we do when we have the ball mate apart from pass sideways and slow it down. 

We haven't been able to string 2-3 passes together in some games recently, apart from the simple side to side. 

It's incredibly dull to watch, if anybody is happy with what we are seeing then they are deluded. Give him a chance, he's trying to implement his own style etc...

I'm afraid when you have about four wins from seventeen league games, are piss poor against Swansea, Stoke, Bournemouth, Newcastle and Southampton at home and the football on display is terrible to watch you're going to be on the verge of getting sacked.

5 minutes ago, kingfox said:

And what do we do when we have the ball mate apart from pass sideways and slow it down. 

We haven't been able to string 2-3 passes together in some games recently, apart from the simple side to side. 

It's incredibly dull to watch, if anybody is happy with what we are seeing then they are deluded. Give him a chance, he's trying to implement his own style etc...

I'm afraid when you have about four wins from seventeen league games, are piss poor against Swansea, Stoke, Bournemouth, Newcastle and Southampton at home and the football on display is terrible to watch you're going to be on the verge of getting sacked.

Let's not forget Brighton away, where we were somewhat lucky to win after the missed penalty by Murray. Our football up to that point was very lethargic.

Plus Everton away (two first-half goals by Walcott) and Crystal Palace at home (smothered by Hodgson) before that.

Edited by MC Prussian