Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

4 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

But the squad he’s got is past it. If we had a right back capable of attacking like he wants for example we’d be a better team straight away 

Another ridiculous comment, our squad is decent, the manager has turned them into boring dross, not one of those players suits his methods, look how isolated Vardy has become nowadays, look how average Mahrez has been, whoever we play in midfield it's always too slow.

• Like 1

Just now, kingfox said:

Another ridiculous comment, our squad is decent, the manager has turned them into boring dross, not one of those players suits his methods, look how isolated Vardy has become nowadays, look how average Mahrez has been, whoever we play in midfield it's always too slow.

All those things have happened under 3 different managers now. The problem is the squad and long term plans, or lack of them, by the club

Stability for a while is needed

If true, the idea that you’d give a manager you’ve hired with a long-term vision for the club four utterly meaningless games to determine whether or not he’s the right man says everything you need to know about the people taking the decisions.

He’s been here six months. Either you believe in what he’s doing or you don’t. Four dead rubbers shouldn’t make any difference. Exactly the sort of reactionary, short term thinking which saw us waste pre season and the first 2 months with Shakespeare.

10 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

All those things have happened under 3 different managers now. The problem is the squad and long term plans, or lack of them, by the club

Stability for a while is needed

Maybe so but are the players seriously to blame, Ranieri tried to change things that didn't need to be changed, I always go back to the Chelsea home game, that night was when Ranieri lost the plot, the players could see it and the fans could see it. In terms of Puel he is trying to implement a style that none of our players are suited to, they may never get suited to it and yet the majority of those players on paper are still good enough for Leicester City. A squad overhaul is absolute ridiculous talk, how many changes do we realistically need to make? Maybe two, yet as we saw against Southampton we put in Dragovic, managed to keep a clean sheet yet at the end of the day the performance was still boring and we drew 0-0. We made the right changes against Southampton yet we still remained shit, what does that tell you?

Edited by kingfox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

Maybe so but are the players seriously to blame, Ranieri tried to change things that didn't need to be changed, I always go back to the Chelsea home game, that night was when Ranieri lost the plot, the players could see it and the fans could see it. In terms of Puel he is trying to implement a style that none of our players are suited to, they may never get suited to it and yet the majority of those players on paper are still good enough for Leicester City. A squad overhaul is absolute ridiculous talk, how many changes do we realistically need to make? Maybe two, yet as we saw against Southampton we put in Dragovic, managed to keep a clean sheet yet at the end of the day the performance was still boring and we drew 0-0. We made the right changes against Southampton yet we still remained shit, what does that tell you?

I dont think we're far off though. Just need 2 or 3 quality additions

51 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

He will be gone in the summer. 

Whoever identified him and thought he was the right manager for us needs to be held accountable as well though. 

The thing is though, of all the names that we banded about back in October, it seems that we were lucky to have ended up with Puel. Even if he goes, he's been a decent stopgap. What I will say is that three sackings in fourteen months is absolutely embarrassing, whichever way you look at it. 

• Like 1

Dearie me.

Revolving door policy.

I was gutted when big Nigel got the push after his lad misbehaved. I thought he deserved to see his project through and that whoever followed him would probably fail. (How prescient, eh... )

In 2016/17, even though we were quite  abject and it seemed like we'd already lost every game before we entered the field (except in Europe), I thought Ranieri was perhaps sacked too soon, and I would have given him more of a chance to turn it around.

At the start of this season, I thought Shakespeare was the unfortunate victim of a bitch of a fixture list and some bad luck against the big boys (imagine if we'd held onto that lead at Arsenal and the ref hadn't been awful), and that Shakes might, if given time, have turned it around. 

Now, if the story about Puel is true and he's on the way out,  once again I think it's far too soon

I can only see short-termism, systemic failure and an eventual return to the Championship for another decade.  

Given my previous crap predictions, however,  I'd lump on us winning the Prem next year under whoever replaces Puel.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, ttfn said:

If true, the idea that you’d give a manager you’ve hired with a long-term vision for the club four utterly meaningless games to determine whether or not he’s the right man says everything you need to know about the people taking the decisions.

He’s been here six months. Either you believe in what he’s doing or you don’t. Four dead rubbers shouldn’t make any difference. Exactly the sort of reactionary, short term thinking which saw us waste pre season and the first 2 months with Shakespeare.

Thought exactly this myself.

Absolutely clueless. Our luck is running out.

"Failed to win at home against Stoke Newcastle Southampton and Bournemouth". 

Thats reason to be terrified definitely.

2) the squad is talented already. Without much tweaking should be top half of table.

3) players just don't like him, have no confidence in him. More than enough reason to sack a manager when confidence is lost. 

4) lots of money available with few players leaving. More than what any managers had at their disposal. Can't see players playing for him to save his job the next 4 games. 

Always been the Puel camp. But can see this a long mile. Had a lovely thread closed on kelechi twitter feed ?. But my point is that players are disengaged with the team, and have reasons to be concerned 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, esoog said:

"Failed to win at home against Stoke Newcastle Southampton and Bournemouth". 

Thats reason to be terrified definitely.

2) the squad is talented already. Without much tweaking should be top half of table.

3) players just don't like him, have no confidence in him. More than enough reason to sack a manager when confidence is lost. 

4) lots of money available with few players leaving. More than what any managers had at their disposal. Can't see players playing for him to save his job the next 4 games. 

Always been the Puel camp. But can see this a long mile. Had a lovely thread closed on kelechi twitter feed ?. But my point is that players are disengaged with the team, and have reasons to be concerned 

It is his job to engage the team.

But if we keep sacking managers everytime the players aren't happy no manager here will ever have any authority over the team.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

With 'long-term projects', you're likely to fail/slip up slightly at one stage of the process in order to get better.

As it seems to be at that slip up stage now, don't understand why many are on his back when he's probably still evaluating things etc; and plus maybe he has already identified the weaknesses and players he wants to bridge the gaps and has a more focused plan drawn up for next season?

Feel as if the PL triumph has made certain fans set up a too high expectations for the team and are disappointed that they've failed to live up with their demands this season/since the end struggle under Ranieri.

....I am fed up of so called "entitled fans" and "over expectant fans" syndrome. We are not over expectant nor entitled we are just fed up of being told, this is the best that we are, can be, should be grateful for and to shut up.

The Premier League is weaker than it has ever been, we have so under achieved and he must share the majority of the blame for this. 

This club is crying out for leadership, someone we can look to with the believe that there is a plan and some sort of connection with the supporters. It seems like arrogance that he has come to the club and has made no attempt to take the club and players along with any vision he has for our future. There is no connection, no sense of goodwill for him and it appears that his disconnect is not deemed to be of any importance to him.

His term at Southampton is now being played out at this club and he has not accepted that what transpired last season could have been a learning curve in the art of club management. He appears not to learn from mistakes and continues to repeat the same follies over and over again. I do not believe he can change his mindset, his football style is ingrained and he has an utmost belief that his style will bring success.

The problem is unless he can connect with the supporters, the players and more importantly the owners he will be a short term manager as they will not allow him to have more than one season due to his lack of leadership on and off the pitch!!!

I’m certainly not a fan of the rotating doors policy and think the manager needs more time. However, I would understand why the owners would get rid of him as we have underperformed with Puel in charge and he’s been here for enough time to make more of a difference than he has done. 

I fully expect the players to down tools for the remainder of the season based on that Percy article. 

9 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

If he is sacked, then I’m pretty sure we will be relegated. You can’t operate like this unless you’re Chelsea and can part with £100 odd million every pre season. It’s a policy destined to fail.

Depends who you get in, problem is they've shown nothing in their management choices that suggests they will get it right. We've got lucky a few times, luck can run out.

The players must realise that they need to change things in the way they play. Puel is broadly doing the right things but something is obviously wrong somewhere. the owners and higher management at the club should be able to work that out and make decisions on the back of it. If they sack puel it will surely be with evidence. I don’t believe we would be relegated under him next season. However, I have no idea who will come in because clearly we could be relegated if they make a bad choice (eg soton) 

so they have my reluctant backing to get rid (I’m sure they will be delighted to hear this)  but only if they get someone who is better than he is (more communicative for sure though that isn’t the most Important factor). 

17 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Depends who you get in, problem is they've shown nothing in their management choices that suggests they will get it right. We've got lucky a few times, luck can run out.

I’m not convinced anyone new could sort it out, given the fact there is a World Cup in the summer, it makes the logistics just that extra bit more difficult. And looking at previous appointments it’s clear the board sack without any identified targets..... you simply can’t operate like this.

• Like 3