Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

11 hours ago, Wookie said:

Managers don't "attract" players, it's a poor argument. Do you think it was Pearson (even as a huge fan of his) the attracted Cambiasso or was it the wages and the premiere league? Do you think it was Sam Allardyce that "attracted" Jay-Jay Okacha? Players move for the money or to a better club, the manager is a minor consideration.

I think you're wrong. I'm sure I remember Kante saying how he was blown over by Conte's pitch to him and that convinced him to sign for Chelsea.

4 minutes ago, deep blue said:

I think you're wrong. I'm sure I remember Kante saying how he was blown over by Conte's pitch to him and that convinced him to sign for Chelsea.

And I also seem to remember that Fuchs signed after being impressed with Pearson.

Although the main factors in deciding where to move are advancement (in terms of club, and especially if it's a switch to the Prem) and wages, I'm sure the impression given by the manager will sometimes be the differentiator where there is a choice of club to move to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brucey said:

Maguire is on record as saying he basically signed because of Shakespeare. Sure he also signed for higher wages and guaranteed game time, but he would have had interest from other clubs that could offer the same. Not a stretch to suggest that the current manager plays an important role if a player feels that their philosophy fits his own.

Puel recently said he wants to build the team around Maguire and he won't be sold. Doesn't mean the player has the same level of respect back toward the manager, but that must feel good for him to hear. We often jokingly call the player Franz Maguire-bauer, so it's not out of the question as the German legend was pivotal at both international and club level in terms of formation and system.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-boss-claude-puel-1468205

I can't see us selling the player this season, but do expect his stock to rise and big times offers to keep coming in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Puel recently said he wants to build the team around Maguire and he won't be sold. Doesn't mean the player has the same level of respect back toward the manager, but that must feel good for him to hear. We often jokingly call the player Franz Maguire-bauer, so it's not out of the question as the German legend was pivotal at both international and club level in terms of formation and system.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-boss-claude-puel-1468205

I can't see us selling the player this season, but do expect his stock to rise and big times offers to keep coming in. 

Well, if our manager next season persists with playing Maguire as a libero, then Ndidi will be in trouble. :ph34r:

6 hours ago, deep blue said:

I'm sure every player who signs for Scunthorpe or any other team says exactly the same.

With 'long-term projects', you're likely to fail/slip up slightly at one stage of the process in order to get better.

As it seems to be at that slip up stage now, don't understand why many are on his back when he's probably still evaluating things etc; and plus maybe he has already identified the weaknesses and players he wants to bridge the gaps and has a more focused plan drawn up for next season?

Feel as if the PL triumph has made certain fans set up a too high expectations for the team and are disappointed that they've failed to live up with their demands this season/since the end struggle under Ranieri.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

He will be gone in the summer. 

Whoever identified him and thought he was the right manager for us needs to be held accountable as well though. 

‘Whoever’ lol It’s obvious Rudders will still be here in a few months.

• Like 1

First and foremost this squad overhaul needs to happen. Puel has a better chance of succeeding if these ageing, average, entitled players are moved on, and so would/does the next man through the door.

As ever though, we will not progress as a club with Rudkin in his role. We have no discernible direction, strategy or philosophy, and appear to be guessing with our signings and choice of managers.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1

We have to give someone time at some point. My bet is we get someone in, **** up the transfers, older or new players get upset they do not play and we struggle until the manager is sacked and we get enough points in his new manager bounce to stay up and repeat this in 2019. 

• Like 1

Just now, lgfualol said:

We have to give someone time at some point. My bet is we get someone in, **** up the transfers, older or new players get upset they do not play and we struggle until the manager is sacked and we get enough points in his new manager bounce to stay up and repeat this in 2019. 

Lesta LESTA LESTA LESTAAA LESTA LESTA LESTA LESTERRR LESTAAA LESTA

1 minute ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I’d like to think Jon Rudkin isn’t the sole person in choosing our managers lol 

I’d like to think Rudkin isn’t even picking what bog roll the players wipe their arses on but unfortunately this is where we are at.

• Haha 2

If we let Puel go, we won’t do better and we’ll be right here having this same torrid argument this time next year. 

I would love to be wrong, but I’ve not been convinced by anything presented in defense of his possible sacking.

Edited by UPinCarolina
  • Like 1

So that is Pearson (two years), Ranieri (18 months), Shakespeare (virtually three years) and now Puel (two years). 8 and a half years worth of pay-offs in the space of three seasons.

Tremendous.