Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Hamza Choudhury

2 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

He was okay. Nothing more nothing less, but isn't it a bit early to write him off?

I've seen him play for the under 21's and he's never stood out, I've seen him play for Burton and he did nothing of note. He's been absolutely nowhere near the team unless there has been an injury crisis. When he has played it's clear he wasn't particularly trusted, being asked to play like a sweeper.

Based on all of the above, I can't see him making it. That's not writing him off, it's giving an opinion based on the evidence. I didn't say he won't make it, I said I can't see him making it.

Just now, Babylon said:

I've seen him play for the under 21's and he's never stood out, I've seen him play for Burton and he did nothing of note. He's been absolutely nowhere near the team unless there has been an injury crisis. When he has played it's clear he wasn't particularly trusted, being asked to play like a sweeper.

Based on all of the above, I can't see him making it. That's not writing him off, it's giving an opinion based on the evidence. I didn't say he won't make it, I said I can't see him making it.

You've seen him more than I did, I'll trust your word on that.

7 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

He was okay. Nothing more nothing less, but isn't it a bit early to write him off?

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

This isn't filling me with confidence for Saturday ...    lets hope the others play at 110% then even if he is average that should do ...

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

This isn't filling me with confidence for Saturday ...    lets hope the others play at 110% then even if he is average that should do ...

I've frankly given up on the 7th place after Saturday. The players didn't give me the impression that they really want to have a shot in the EL.

Going to watch the game unbothered with a loss in mind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

I've frankly given up on the 7th place after Saturday. The players didn't give me the impression that they really want to have a shot in the EL.

Going to watch the game unbothered with a loss in mind.

Can't disagree with you ...   but still hope they realise whats at stake and really go for it .....     remember the great escape when they suddenly seemed to wake up ...   straws and clutching I know ...  but fingers crossed.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Watching him in the U23s I'd agree with you, he's never looked anything special to me, but I thought when he came on on Saturday he did okay without being a worldbeater. I wouldn't dismiss his chances yet, I certainly hope he does prove us wrong.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Watching him in the U23s I'd agree with you, he's never looked anything special to me, but I thought when he came on on Saturday he did okay without being a worldbeater. I wouldn't dismiss his chances yet, I certainly hope he does prove us wrong.

Ditto. 

He did well defensively and made some good challenges. It's with the ball that worries me. 

Just now, Babylon said:

Kante and N'did stand out most games I've seen them play. 

I wouldn't really describe either of them as holding players in the same way the Eric Dier is for example, Kante certainly for us was never the man that sat in in front of he defense he was all over the place

Funnily when I've seen him play for the 23s. He had a free role. What he was very good at was backing up the play. This is an area the first team is lacking. How many times have we seen Mahrez participatory stranded with no one to pass to. I'd like to see him given a game with a similar role. He reads the play quite well and could make the breakthrough next season.

15 hours ago, DrezZone said:

Very typical of our fans to write off a 20 year old who just featured for the first team twice, not even completing 90 minutes altogether.

agreed mate.

This place really knows how to get behind our young talent.

Personally I think he will make a very good addition to the squad...seems to have his head screwed on too so with the right training we could have a solid baller on our hands.

15 hours ago, DrezZone said:

Very typical of our fans to write off a 20 year old who just featured for the first team twice, not even completing 90 minutes altogether.

Also some deluded people to want to play Maguire in centre mid with ndidi instead of Hamza?!?! that makes me laugh.

oh wait maguire can control the ball at the back and pass and run into empty space.. immediately means he can play CM lollol 

Edited by les-tah

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

Also some deluded people to want to play Maguire in centre mid with ndidi instead of Hamza?!?! that makes me laugh.

oh wait maguire can control the ball at the back and pass and run into empty space.. immediately means he can play CM lollol 

It seemed Maguire was stepping into midfield at times while Hamza sat back in his place, this could somewhat work for Maguire I feel in the future with some practise.

On 08/04/2018 at 01:02, Tringfox said:

He honestly looked like a breath of fresh air to me! At last a midfielder that doesn’t look frightened to get involved in the game!

Like Ndidi? I agree. He was helping his defence

out a lot by positioning himself for a pass from the horrible Morgan and Simpson; unlike Ndidi who never wants the ball at the back because he is not a great ball handler himself.