Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Hamza Choudhury

13 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Reminds me of Ake of Bournemouth, flexible and willing to help out whereever.

He seems a bit lightweight, but he seemed comfortable mostly.

Was thinking he could potentially be converted into a centre back, seems to have all the attributes

Thought he was distinctly average and people saying he had a great game says a lot about how bad the rest were.

Thought he was hiding a little (hence why he ended up between/level with the centre halves a lot) and didn't offer anything going forward.

Couple of decent blocks/interceptions but I'd need to see more to be convinced he can be a Premier League player.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Thought he was distinctly average and people saying he had a great game says a lot about how bad the rest were.

Thought he was hiding a little (hence why he ended up between/level with the centre halves a lot) and didn't offer anything going forward.

Couple of decent blocks/interceptions but I'd need to see more to be convinced he can be a Premier League player.

There is something in that but not surprising since we were losing but I also thought the players tried to protect him a bit by not passing to him as much as they should have. 

What was poor is that iborra indicated to the bench that he had a problem. It wasn’t until we then put the ball out of play twenty/thirty seconds later that he began to get himself ready to come on - shin pads etc. So we had to delay things on the pitch with Iborra having ‘treatment’ to allow him to come on. 

Stowell/Appleton could have had more time explaining what he needed to do whilst Iborra was treated rather than it be the rush it turned into. Suspect there were clear tactical plans for him to replace silva if were winning during the second half but not for the eventuality that Iborra cane off whilst we were losing. 

Not the first time I’ve noticed the touchline being reactive rather than pro active this season. It does seem pretty amateur to me. What’s the point of spending 80m on a training facility when your in game management looks to be so average at best ??

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I think he was that far back because he had to cover a lot for Maguire who was going forward much more frequently, in fact I noticed Schmeichel and Maguire pointing to him and appearing to tell him that. His passing, though simple, was rarely wayward and two of his good interceptions were following good tracking of opposition players, both being things that the woeful Iborra struggled to master. I would go as far to say that it was his introduction that allowed Silva to flourish as up until that point, he too was little better than Iborra in tracking runners and wayward passing. 

I do agree with you that most of the rest were bad though but this was a young kid who to me was following orders to the letter hence no offer of anything going forward.

his hair makes him look taller than he is - he strikes me as not being that tall ??

he is certainly a prospect - it’s down to him and his professional commitment as to how far he goes within the game and more importantly, at our club. 

What is his current international position? Assuming he stays in the first team squad now Iborra is out he could be looking at a summer tournament ??

assume there is a uefa u19 this summer ? Are we allowed an over age player ??

Edited by st albans fox

6 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Good Lord !!

His second appearance at the Premier League Level both as substitutes and he didn't look like the finished product !!

Considering him to be 20 years old & appearing at the highest level I thought he did extremely well.

Time alone will tell if he can succeed at this level but lets give him some time to prove himself.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Reminds me of Ake of Bournemouth, flexible and willing to help out whereever.

He seems a bit lightweight, but he was comfortable mostly.

interesting you say lightweight, as I thought the same,  but listening to Matt Eilliot on Radio Leicester yesterday he said he is a very strong and a very hard tackler.

He's not the finished article (nor should anyone expect him to be) so don't be harsh in judgement. He was lost on his last appearance so yesterday was a huge improvement. He gave away a free kick in a dangerous area with a rash challenge but was otherwise comfortable. He made an excellent covering tackle/block after tracking back with one of their players. I think he looks promising.

The dropping back between CBs is a team instruction I think. Iborra does it, so maybe Hamza did it a little too religiously. Ours CBs play wide to allow the FBs to push up... it leaves acres of space in the middle and this gets exploited (Newcastle's 2nd)

What I did notice on a few occasions, particularly from KS, was a reluctance to give Choudhury the ball. That's not a good message to send him. 

I'm not sure who I'd give the nod to next week, Choudhury or Amartey (assuming the latter is fit). Amartey is more naturally a CB so might be better suited to the role as a defensive CM. 

Edited by CarbonVirtine
  • Like 2

My thoughts on yesterday, which strangely don't really seem to echo anyone else's:

1) He made some cracking interceptions

2) I didn't think he positioned himself very well when we are trying to work it out from the back - he didn't seem to find space away from any opposition players and so passing to him wasn't really on

3) The players didn't really seem to want to pass him the ball and would choose longer, more difficult passes, though this may be down partly to point 2

4) He played very, very deep as a midfielder - a neutral would probably have thought he was a defender - which often left a huge gap in midfield. The positive in this is that Maguire was then able to forward

2 hours ago, Houdini Logic said:

My thoughts on yesterday, which strangely don't really seem to echo anyone else's:

2) I didn't think he positioned himself very well when we are trying to work it out from the back - he didn't seem to find space away from any opposition players and so passing to him wasn't really on

3) The players didn't really seem to want to pass him the ball and would choose longer, more difficult passes, though this may be down partly to point 2

4) He played very, very deep as a midfielder - a neutral would probably have thought he was a defender - which often left a huge gap in midfield. The positive in this is that Maguire was then able to forward

Agree with that.

The entire side are been driven out of what they are good at and most effective.

Albrighton wins the league as left wing and plays at right back.

Simson asked to go forward when he struggles to defend.

Kasper has forgot what his role is and seems like preventing the ball go in to the net is beyond him, he wants to be a sweeper.

Wes often the most forward player and HM not far behind.

Mahrez playing too deep and devaluing every match

Chilwell a frustrated winger

Vardy...how about helping the guy?

List goes on.

Far too much tinkering

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Houdini Logic said:

Looked to me like he'd been told to just sit and cover and that Maguire would be given the task of bringing the ball out. 

14 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

He has played two half games in Premier League. Surely you cut him some slack for hiding in a game where his senior colleagues were not up to it too?

If a young player coming on for his second half appearance is distinctly average that would suggest he is a pretty good player.

14 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Think this is a bit harsh. He did ok and presumably he played such a defensive role because that is where the manager told him to play. He wasn't the only one that didn't offer anything going forward.

Thank the lord !!! People are trying to make out he had some amazing debut. He didn't , and was a complete passenger. He made two blocks what he should be making. He didn't want the ball and his positioning was poor. He isn't ready yet for this level. 

I want him to succeed and be a great player but I'm also a realist and people have got their heads in the clouds if they thought he was brilliant yesterday. He wasn't in the game and Burnley next week I would play maquire in midfield.