Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Hamza Choudhury

Defensively seemed sound, offered an option in possession to help progress the ball forwards too. Sometimes academy players that don't excel really step up when in the first team. It's happened at Ajax fairly often and I'm fairly sure Rashford wasn't considered an amazing prospect but got given a chance and made the most of it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

Did he use to be a ball boy at the front of the Kop? Around the Sousa/Sven season, there was a small lad sporting a very similar 'fro who was the ball boy behind the goal. That was 8 years ago, but he's certainly shot up since then if that was him.

Yea thats defiantely him. Has to be surely haha

I've seen him a few times in the PL2 and he's the sort of player who dominates the game and the pitch. I have often wondered how this type of player can make the transition to the first team, and it's the same with Choudhury. Fringe players and impact subs would characteristically fill a gap, whereas his style is to lead the team.

At yesterday's match my concern at losing Iborra soon turned to excitement at the thought of Choudhury getting a decent amount of game time. He gave away a free kick at the start of the second half but he did very well, mopping up and covering for Morgan/Maguire when they went forward. I hope his talent is managed properly

• Like 1

He was probably our best player yesterday. But I think people are getting to hyped up about him. Defensively good and worked hard. But Newcastle played very deep in the second half so he had a lot of time on the ball with no pressure put on him. Hard to gauge his quality.

I think we should play 3 in midfield next week as Silva and Choundary has little presence. (Ndidi is suspended for another isn't he?)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spicer said:

He was probably our best player yesterday. But I think people are getting to hyped up about him. Defensively good and worked hard. But Newcastle played very deep in the second half so he had a lot of time on the ball with no pressure put on him. Hard to gauge his quality.

I think we should play 3 in midfield next week as Silva and Choundary has little presence. (Ndidi di is suspended for another isn't he?)

I've watched Choundary when he plays for the under 23's good player and he gets stuck in, 

17 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Apart from the fact he's about 6 inches too short to play CB in England. 

17 hours ago, Lionheart10 said:

Not at 5' 10" .

Easy fixed, that another 12 months and the hair will put him at 6.4

I  thought he had a fair game, VERY defensive, to the point i thought he was playing as a CB. Like all youngsters, needs a little time on the park in the big league to know whether he is good enough.

But a solid and acceptable game in what was an average side yesterday.

• Like 1

He did ok on Saturday, a few vital blocks and tackles. But watching the last few games the last thing we need is another player playing side ways and backwards passes. He didn't look like he could carry the ball 10-15 yards and open up the play up. In a three I can see his value but in a two, we are desperate for a player with creativity to play next to Ndidi.

Guest MattP

Thought he did OK although he played very, very deep. Will learn a lot more about him on Saturday, that will be a huge test for him if he starts.

P.S @Finnegan It's Chowder.

7 hours ago, roblcfc84 said:

He did ok on Saturday, a few vital blocks and tackles. But watching the last few games the last thing we need is another player playing side ways and backwards passes. He didn't look like he could carry the ball 10-15 yards and open up the play up. In a three I can see his value but in a two, we are desperate for a player with creativity to play next to Ndidi.

Do we think this can be Silva once he settles in to life in the Prem?

On 07/04/2018 at 19:57, Webbo said:

I actually thought he looked like a sweeper.

This was precisely my observation…

I thought he did ok…. He was very deep, took the ball and was very cautious (no bad thing) in possesion…. A couple of great blocks which suggests he has a nose for danger (good)

One thing he enabled was for Silva to play forward more, where he looked a lot more dangerous…. An interesting pairing and I will look forward to see how they get on Saturday…

I think some may have a got a little giddy on this thread…. My summary was a steady if unspectacular start (a good thing!)

• Like 1

Hopefully we can develop him into a Premier League player. But he'll need game time for that. And I can't see much else than when we want two defensive midfielders to shore up matches. Still, it'll be good experience for a season. Although, if Puel goes all attack with Ian/Vardy, Diabate, Gray and Barnes then Hamza and Ndidi could add defensive protection to a hopefully ball-playing chance-creating defence.

Edited by Foxxed

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Hopefully we can develop him into a Premier League player. But he'll need game time for that. And I can't see much else than when we want two defensive midfielders to shore up matches. Still, it'll be good experience for a season. Although, if Puel goes all attack with Ian/Vardy, Diabate, Gray and Barnes then Hamza and Ndidi could add defensive protection to a hopefully ball-playing chance-creating defence.

Agree... we have to have a pathway for our own u23 players to break in to the first team

10 minutes ago, Pete Campbell said:

Why do you say that?

Because I've watched him play for us, for the U23's and for Burton and not been impressed. He'll carve out a career at a lower level, I just haven't seen anything to suggest he'll be premier league quality as yet. He'll be 21 soon enough and would be nowhere near the team but for loads of injuries and players out on loan.

30 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Can't see him making it I'm afraid.

12 minutes ago, Pete Campbell said:

Why do you say that?

For me it's way too early to say yes or no on the lad. Lets see what he can do as regular player first.