Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Danny Drinkwater: Would you re-sign him?

Would you resign Danny Drinkwater?  

710 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like us to re-sign Danny Drinkwater?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Thanks but no thanks. I think he moved on at the right time and at a great price for us.

Sad it didnt work out for him at Chelsea, but shit happens. :S 

But what about his enhanced hairline Suzie?

I am surprised at how excited I am at the prospect of getting him back... but then that could just be because I get too emotionally attached to people..!

I have to admit though that sadly it doesn't really make sense with the squad that we already have. 

2 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

I don't particularly want to see him back at KP, and I can't see that he would fit the system that Puel is trying to get us to play.....backwards and sidewards.

I hope people can be open-minded about the potential set-up - Pereira and Maddison don't really suggest 'backwards and sideways' to me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Considering how much of an Asshole he was forcing his move away from the club, i wouldn't have him back at all.

I'm not sure that was all down to him, the club couldn't refuse £35m from Chelsea for a good, steady, but unspectacular and not overly brilliant central midfielder who performed particularly well during one particular season.

Drinkwater got a dream move to a then high-flying Chelsea. If I were him, I'd get out of that club asap, because it looks like their starting XI is falling apart.

1 hour ago, toddybad said:

He was also responsible for all the best hours of tika take style one touch play like the nearly best goal ever against Liverpool or the treble nutmegs against man Utd in the 5-3 win. Those little one touch passes out wide with albrighton and Fuchs just triangling around trouble were delightful. 

He also wasn't scared to burst past our wingers and forwards and get into dangerous areas unlike any of our current midfield.

Yes I’d agree with you,  but he’s been bang average except the title winning season and part of the European season and I just don’t think he’d suite how Puel is going to want to play simple as that 

Amazing how quickly people have forgotten Danny's contribution to us. Was an absolute workhorse for us in the middle most of the time. Yes he had some bad spells but his last questionable season he was carrying that injury throughout. 

Obviously his own biggest critic, you could literally see him beating himself up when he couldn't make things work. Has high standards for himself. 

If he's 100% fit then I'd welcome him back I think. Good professional and can pick a lovely forward pass on his day. 

• Like 1

I think we'd all have the Drinkwater back of the title winning season but that was 2-3 years a go.

In the last two years he's had 11 separate injuries. https://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/players/4242/danny_drinkwater_injury.html

We sold him at his absolute peak price after a really poor six month spell for us. It was magnificent business selling a player for £35m after having a stand out 18 months in the PL but was on a downward turn and rumours of a hip flexor injury that wouldn't go away and made him play within himself to protect it. This could be why he's had so many injuries on other parts of his legs as he overcompensates to protect his hip flexor by putting more strain elsewhere.

We have Silva here now and Chelsea are probably struggling to move him on with his wages and injury record. I think there are too many negatives to take the chance with and after all their are many more players out there. Lets just move on although he was brilliant in our title winning season.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, bluefox76 said:

DD must be sitting on a pile of cash,but part of him must think,I could of bin playing in a world cup if I'd of stayed. My head says no but heart says yes. 

Strange but apart from his initial call up he never gave any indication that he was much interested in playing for England.