Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Danny Drinkwater: Would you re-sign him?

Would you resign Danny Drinkwater?  

710 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like us to re-sign Danny Drinkwater?

• Yes
    • No

According to reports, it looks like Drinky's fed up with his bench warming role at Chelsea and wants out at the end of the season.

I've no idea if we'd be interested, but wouldn't be surprised if we were.

Just throwing it out there...If he became available, would you like us to re-sign him?

Good depth option, £15m-£20m I think would probably do it, would effectively mean we bought Drinkwater and Silva for like £7m.

Still, he's started what, like 4 games this season and scored 1 goal with no assists? If we didn't know him, I'd be thinking "steer clear".

Edited by Beechey

Yes and no.

Yes - because we know he's a decent player and he's exactly what we need. He can pass and get the best out of Vards, he technically very good.

No - he's made his bed, he needs to now lie in it. Also, I feel we need to move on. Also, I can't see Chelsea selling him for less than £30m as they'll want to recoup most of what they paid for him, and for a guy who hasn't really played this season is a lot of money. It still left a bit of bitterness due to the way he wanted out. 

Edited by fox_favourite

No thanks, he forced a move by all accounts, to a club he obviously wasn’t going to play every week, so as the saying goes, he’s made his bed, lie in it.

We now have two players in Iborra and Silva, who are as good, and where Silva is concerned in time could be far better in my opinion, don’t need him.

9 minutes ago, hackenbacker said:

From BBC Website:

Chelsea's 28-year-old English midfielder Danny Drinkwater will consider his future at the club at the end of the season

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/11/danny-drinkwater-move-frustrating-season-chelsea

Saw this on Facebook last night and fans seemed really split on it. 

I'd be interested to see what a poll result would be on here!

Edit: Just seen we've got a poll on it in the transfer section :thumbup:

Edited by Izzy Muzzett

Split on this. 2 good season's in about 5. Those 2 good season's helped us lift 2 titles. But very little either side for me.

He forced a move thinking he was better than he is. But I guess in a cut price deal I'd be interested. But would need to be somewhere close to half what we got for him.