Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Danny Drinkwater: Would you re-sign him?

Would you resign Danny Drinkwater?  

710 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like us to re-sign Danny Drinkwater?

• Yes
    • No

25 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Strange but apart from his initial call up he never gave any indication that he was much interested in playing for England.

Drinky's deleted his Twitter, but in the summer post league win (Euro 2016), there was a slightly sarcastic post with a pic of him in a baseball cap with the caption "the only cap I got this summer" or something along those lines. He seemed to completely lose interest in England after that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brucey said:

Drinky's deleted his Twitter, but in the summer post league win (Euro 2016), there was a slightly sarcastic post with a pic of him in a baseball cap with the caption "the only cap I got this summer" or something along those lines. He seemed to completely lose interest in England after that.

He'd had the season of his life but Woy picked a half-fit Wilshere and an out of form Henderson instead. Can totally understand his frustration. It's a shame Southgate wasn't in charge then as I'm pretty sure he'd have been picked on merit.

He doesn’t strike me as the type to return anyway. That’s almost admitting defeat and returning with his tail between his legs. Wouldn’t send the best message to the midfielders we’ve brought in since either. Great player for us but think he’ll end up elsewhere.

38 minutes ago, Ozwin said:

He doesn’t strike me as the type to return anyway. That’s almost admitting defeat and returning with his tail between his legs. Wouldn’t send the best message to the midfielders we’ve brought in since either. Great player for us but think he’ll end up elsewhere.

Yep, you are right of course ...   no matter what we think he just wouldn't want to come back here for the reasons you've mentioned ...  how humiliating it would be.   

Close thread ..   :thumbup:

Wouldn't be excited about bringing him back. He was a good player for us but our midfield whilst not perfect is our strongest area.

Iborra did alright there when he played and just hopeful now of what Silva could do.

He did help us win the league but we finished higher without him last season than in 2 of the previous 3 lets not forget.

With what I’ve said in mind is still take him back with open arms. I’d take any of the league winners back because how do you not? They should all have been gifted keys to the city after that season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ozwin said:

With what I’ve said in mind is still take him back with open arms. I’d take any of the league winners back because how do you not? They should all have been gifted keys to the city after that season.

That's as clear a recipe for certain relegation as I've heard. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ozwin said:

Can't wait to see Schlupp, De Laet and Nathan Dyer back in the squad 

• Haha 1

comfortably better than anyone we’ve tried to replace him with, so yeah, obviously. dunno what sort of maniac wouldn’t want him back. 

he wouldnt come, though. 

4 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

comfortably better than anyone we’ve tried to replace him with, so yeah, obviously. dunno what sort of maniac wouldn’t want him back. 

he wouldnt come, though. 

Yeah lets bring someone back who jumped ship at the first chance knowing he wouldn’t play

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Yeah lets bring someone back who jumped ship at the first chance knowing he wouldn’t play

Don’t forget Danny nearly left in the summer after the great escape because he wasn’t in the first team. He could of jumped ship then and we’d have never won the title without his contribution.

I would take him back but he will need to do 100 medicals so the medic staff are sure he’s not injury prone. 

I'm grateful to Danny for all he did for the club but that chapter's closed.

To be honest, every time I think to myself "How did we get only £60m for Mahrez"? I also think "How did we manage to get £35m for Drinkwater?" - swings and roundabouts!

Edited by Paddy.

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

I'm grateful to Danny for all he did for the club but that chapter's closed.

To be honest, every time I think to myself "How did we get only £60m for Mahrez"? I also think "How did we manage to get £35m for Drinkwater?" - swings and roundabouts!

tbf we spent basically the whole 35 mill on silva and iborra and from what i’ve seen drinkwater is better than both out together, so it’s hardly amazing business. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

tbf we spent basically the whole 35 mill on silva and iborra and from what i’ve seen drinkwater is better than both out together, so it’s hardly amazing business. 

I'd like to see Silva with Kante next to him, then we could judge more accurately. 

3 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

I think it's unfair from certain people to say that Drinkwater owes his reputation to Kante as he was brilliant in his own right the title winning season and he was brilliant without Kante up until about November the following season.

However since then his form has dipped alarmingly and he's had 11 injuries in two years after rumours he had a hip flexor injury that never fully healed. The £35m we spent could have been spent better but that in no way takes away what a brilliant bit of business it was to sell him for that price.

And what is this infatuation by people to keep the title winning team together for as long as possible? Put it to bed people and look forward as pining for the past will keep us from moving forward.

• Like 1

On 23/07/2018 at 07:06, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

He'd had the season of his life but Woy picked a half-fit Wilshere and an out of form Henderson instead. Can totally understand his frustration. It's a shame Southgate wasn't in charge then as I'm pretty sure he'd have been picked on merit.

Southgate would pick the same team he used every game in the World Cup. He is too stubborn to ad;it when "his" players are playing poorly.

On 23/07/2018 at 19:12, Ozwin said:

You must be happy that we gave ulloa a new contract then. Maybe we can Sign Kingy up for another 4 years.

22 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

Not sure how such a WUM gets to keep posting.