Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Danny Drinkwater: Would you re-sign him?

Would you resign Danny Drinkwater?  

710 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like us to re-sign Danny Drinkwater?

• Yes
    • No

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/06/2018 at 12:40, CarbonVirtine said:

** pedant alert **

Can you get a train from Surbiton to the midlands (without changing)? 

I used to live that way (back in the steam era) and Surbiton trains went Waterloo - South Coast, maybe to Reading... just wondered like...

Yep, I lived in Surbiton during Uni. Certainly no direct routes to the Midlands!

Edited by RoyFox

4 hours ago, breadandcheese said:

Chelsea will not get the money back on Drinkwater. We got a very good sum for him, which he's not really worth.

Having said that, we've failed to replace him in the team.

The most i could see any club offering is £15 to £20 million. If last season is anything to go on he has fallen off the map.

2 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

The most i could see any club offering is £15 to £20 million. If last season is anything to go on he has fallen off the map.

Indeed i would imagine the best they can hope to get would be 50% of what they paid for him. Especially now he is a year older. 

Feel sorry for the guy and i did love him in our title season, but when we got the offer from Chelsea of £35m , i was chuffed to bits we sold him. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Oh Danny. He might have gone to Russia had he stayed with us. Sure he knows this.

Probably was badly advised and believed the guff being whispered in his ear, it might have been a dream move for his agent but not for Danny, to go from being a Prem first team player and possible England starter to a bench warming has been cant be satisfying.

Feel genuinely sorry for the lad. He was badly advised but also treated terribly by Chelsea who spent £35m on him despite having no intention of giving him a chance. A player can have a reasonable expectation of featuring regularly when a club pays that much for you. He'd have been an England starter in this tournament if he'd played last season, now he has to sit on the sidelines and watch England possibly achieve something incredible. Only Matty James knows what that's like!

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

Oh Danny. He might have gone to Russia had he stayed with us. Sure he knows this.

Definitely, we've only got 2 out-and-out central midfielders out there. Would have been guaranteed if he had maintained his form.

I know the transfer market has gone crazy but what Premier team would pay 30 mil for him right now. 28years old with only 5 starts last year doesn't really shout 30 big ones.

Mind you Chelsea has been good for his hair.

1 hour ago, ithuriel said:

Probably was badly advised and believed the guff being whispered in his ear, it might have been a dream move for his agent but not for Danny, to go from being a Prem first team player and possible England starter to a bench warming has been cant be satisfying.

Badly advised or believed in his own ability? No doubt that by all accounts the way he pushed through the move left a sour taste with the club but if anybody in our Prem winning squad was their own worst critic it was him. You'd see him arguing with himself on the pitch, think Vardy even brought it up in an interview, the bloke is a perfectionist and I genuinely just think he fancied his chances of breaking into their side - especially alongside the bloke he was nigh on unbeatable next to.

I don't think it was ever a case of him wanting more money or somebody whispering in his ear, I just think he wanted to prove he wasn't a flash in the pan at the highest level.

Would I have him back? For the right price, probably. I think he's better than Silva, King, James, and Iborra. Will he come back? No.

• Like 1

If he was fully fit I’d take him back as he’d have a point to prove. A fully fit Danny is better than Silva, Iborra and most CM’s outside the top six. But that’s a big if, as he seems to have been injured a lot recently. 

£15-20m maximum though. Chelsea can’t seriously expect to get any more than that.