Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Danny Drinkwater: Would you re-sign him?

Would you resign Danny Drinkwater?  

710 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like us to re-sign Danny Drinkwater?

• Yes
    • No

7 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

Even if we offered £20m, would he even want to come back here? 

We wouldn't have been offered him if he hadn't approved it first.

It's probably a no from me, he has a terrible injury record over the last two years and we're overloaded with CM's.

Maybe if we could offload three or four of them and Chelsea dropped the asking price by £5m-£8m.

I would love to see DD back in our midfield next to Ndidi. He gets forward and back, isn't shy of tackling or shooting and when he's on form he's England quality. We need a cm and he would be perfect. Gerrimin!

Silva, Ndidi, Iborra, Drinkwater, Mendy, King, James and who else? Would love to see him back here and feel like he'd probably have a point to prove. But we need to shift on some midfielders.... And I can't imagine Silva or Iborra would be happy as bench warmers

No thanks, unless we shed some of the bulk off we don't want another CM right now, Silva is supposed to have been his successor and has only had half a season.

And even if we do make space sniff around Loftus-Cheek or hopefully Lewis Cook. Think the latter would help us immensely, shame Bournemouth nipped him

no thanks the 3 times a season his twat it 60 yards for Vardy to chase tactics work isn't worth the outlay, plus he knew he wouldn't be in their team when he left so he can stay there and suck it up

• Like 1

Hes not a bad player like some are making out but hes also not what we need. His attitude before leaving here, putting in a transfer request etc didn't exactly sit well with me and injuries have massively stalled his career. Would be a massive gamble signing him for £20m or maybe more and his wage demands would also be high. We probably could do with a top centre mid but I'd rather we looked at someone younger. Loftus cheek would be class but cant see chelsea selling him. Also we'd need to move a couple on as we have Ndidi, Silva, Iborra, Hamza, King, James, Amartey and Mendy. 8 centre mids is far too many! 

8 hours ago, baldeagle said:

No thanks . And I’m not sure he’s a Puel sort of player . His long ball to Vardy became too predictably

He was also responsible for all the best hours of tika take style one touch play like the nearly best goal ever against Liverpool or the treble nutmegs against man Utd in the 5-3 win. Those little one touch passes out wide with albrighton and Fuchs just triangling around trouble were delightful. 

He also wasn't scared to burst past our wingers and forwards and get into dangerous areas unlike any of our current midfield.

Edited by Guest

18 minutes ago, toddybad said:

He was also responsible for all the best hours of tika take style one touch play like the nearly best goal ever against Liverpool or the treble nutmegs against man Utd in the 5-3 win. Those little one touch passes out wide with albrighton and Fuchs just triangling around trouble were delightful. 

He also wasn't scared to burst past our wingers and forwards and get into dangerous areas unlike any of our current midfield.

I don’t think he would fit into our newly designed 3-5-2 system tbh mate.

• Like 1