Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Danny Drinkwater: Would you re-sign him?

Would you resign Danny Drinkwater?  

710 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like us to re-sign Danny Drinkwater?

• Yes
    • No

It would be a bad move all round for everybody. What we need is someone to share to work load with NDiddi otherwise we'll burn him out or he'll get pissed off and want out.

We need another very mobile physically strong Midfielder, Then with Silva in the middle using his skills to protect the ball.

Then with Chilwell and Periera adding width things would look exciting.

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

It would be a bad move all round for everybody. What we need is someone to share to work load with NDiddi otherwise we'll burn him out or he'll get pissed off and want out.

We need another very mobile physically strong Midfielder, Then with Silva in the middle using his skills to protect the ball.

Then with Chilwell and Periera adding width things would look exciting.

That's too many midfielders for Puel's set up unless you're thinking of playing Siva as a number 10 in the front three behind Vardy?

Surprised at this thread and the current poll, is the general feeling of not wanting him back because of the way he left us?

I genuinely think he is a great player and one of our best ever in the middle of the park. Think if he was available for anything up to £20m we'd be silly not to gofor him. Yes hes not had a sniff all of last season but he would thrive in a '7th - 12th' position team like us and i for one would rather have him than one of our competitors have him. 

Plus he won the league here so will always be a legend.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

Surprised at this thread and the current poll, is the general feeling of not wanting him back because of the way he left us?

I genuinely think he is a great player and one of our best ever in the middle of the park. Think if he was available for anything up to £20m we'd be silly not to gofor him. Yes hes not had a sniff all of last season but he would thrive in a '7th - 12th' position team like us and i for one would rather have him than one of our competitors have him. 

Partially, but also because he's average and you would hope we would try and buy better players to push us on. Added to the fact that he started treating the ball like an explosive device, his age and injury record. 

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

I don't think it is a case of noses put out of joint by the way he left us but that the manner of it would leave us with doubts to his commitment if he returned.

Personally I was delighted to get £35m for him and I agree that as a title winner he will go down as a legend.  I think that if we needed another midfielder though, we should be more ambitious.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, murphy said:

That's too many midfielders for Puel's set up unless you're thinking of playing Siva as a number 10 in the front three behind Vardy?

It's early days yet and too early to call as I expect a couple more signings. But I think we will revert to a 4 3 3  or 4 4 2 

We need to stop teams further away from our Goal. We let teams get too close which is why we conceded so many Goals.

I do think we need another physically mobile midfielder to allow Wilf to control the right side of midfield.

Maybe Amartey  could come in to midfield alongside Wilf. He may not be the brightest but he's honest, gives his all and willing to learn.

That's the way we need to be thinking if we want to prevent conceding 60 Goals next season.

Wouldn't be in favour of Danny returning.

Our midfield will be stronger next summer. 

That said with musa doing alright back at CSKA after a disastrous time for us maybe Drinkwater could 'return to form' back with us. 

No, as much as they rinsed us with Kante IMO we got a fantastic price for Drinkwater.

Looked great alongside Kante in our league winning side but I think Kante would make me look good..... alright maybe not me. Other than that two PL seasons of mediocrity. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Albert said:

Although he hasn’t consistently shown it yet you could maybe argue Silva is better but as for the rest Drinky is easily better.

Amartey, Mendy, King are not good enough, James is injury prone & Hamza is a teenager learning his trade. That leaves us with only Silva, Wilf and Iborra.

As for Drinky never being fit, he hardly missed a game for us and was one of our most important/consistent players.

I was gutted, angry & so disappointed when he left for Chelsea but taking the emotion out of it you can’t really blame him for wanting to test himself at a different level alongside the Worldclass players they have & we also got a fantastic price for him. 

He took a chance that obviously hasn’t worked out & in hindsight he no doubt regrets. 

Putting all that to one side and seeing as it’s an area we need to strengthen in I’d personally have him back in a heartbeat. He’s a proven top class Premierleague midfielder that wouldn’t need time to settle, suits the possession style & is available at a cut price.

He isn't 'top class' is he? Anyway, I wouldn't want us to spend £10m + on a fourth choice CM. Also, it would mean hamza wouldn't be able to get himself on the bench & would most likely have to be loaned out. 

13 hours ago, the fox said:

We are building for the future and trying to phase out the old guard (apart from Vards and maybe Kasper). The last thing we need is bringing another one back

We are phasing them out because they are too now too old and declining, Drinkwater is 28. Younger than Silva and Iborra.

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

We have Ndidi Silva Iborra Hamza two players for each position.

And unless one leaves, that’ll do pig, that’ll do.

I have zero faith in that midfield, Silva and Iborra just haven't got it together consistently enough. Hamza has had one good game and now he's considered fourth choice? 

Said it before, whether it's Drinkwater or someone else. I'd happily trade all but three options for a another decent one.

When you look at the fee for Drinky you have to put forward the question, is Silva still worth the amount we paid for him?

Silva will be worth a whole less for sure if we did sign him back. 

I rate Drinky but buying him back signals a step backwards to the rest of the players 

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I have zero faith in that midfield, Silva and Iborra just haven't got it together consistently enough. Hamza has had one good game and now he's considered fourth choice? 

Said it before, whether it's Drinkwater or someone else. I'd happily trade all but three options for a another decent one.

I agree. But I don’t think DANNY is the future or anything profoundly superior to what we have. I wouldn’t be against resigning him but would prefer somebody proper amazing of course.

The one that people really want to keep is Wilf but if he had the footballing ability and brain in terms of passing like Iborra he’d be amazing but it’s really not there yet.

I have nothing against Drinkwater regarding his departure. We all have tough decisions to make in life.

Personally, after a very short period of feeling miffed with him, I hoped he'd do well there. The way it's turned out for him was rather predictable though. Not sure I'd be so lenient with anyone but the title winning squad but that's how I feel now.  

I voted no for a return for the same reason as many seem to have, it would just feel like a backward step.