Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Didn’t realise Messi was in charge of transfers 

BLIND ON BARCA RADAR

Don Balon is carrying a story that Barcelona are set to raid Manchester United for fringe defender Daley Blind this summer.

The report confirms Barca star Lionel Messi would be keen on the deal, despite Blind featuring only occasionally for United this season.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

Didn’t realise Messi was in charge of transfers 

BLIND ON BARCA RADAR

Don Balon is carrying a story that Barcelona are set to raid Manchester United for fringe defender Daley Blind this summer.

The report confirms Barca star Lionel Messi would be keen on the deal, despite Blind featuring only occasionally for United this season.

Every Barca deal probably needs to be sanctioned by Messi. He also picks the Argentina team.

6 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

Wolves....OR Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal?

If any of Big Six come calling, he is 99% gone.

If he plays well, he will be snapped up in January....if he plays badly, it means Wolves will be struggling.

If the big clubs come calling this summer we'll turn their bids down. 

Only if he makes a fuss will we have to let him go. Which he won't because he's a nice sensible lad. And he knows it's best for him to play every week for us for at least a season rather than risk moving too early. 

Manchester United and Liverpool are said to be among the clubs interested in Neves.

But he told O Jogo: "Right now it’s not good for me to risk a way out. I feel very good at Wolverhampton, I have no reason to leave because I’m going to play in the best league in the world.

"The fans already know me, the club too and everyone knows what I can do for the club.

"I spent a great year there and I love playing at Wolverhampton. Therefore, I have no interest in going out, because it’s the best for me and for my future.

"I came to evolve as a player and now that I’m maybe in the best phase of my career it would be a very big risk changing club. This is the right path.”

Edited by The Bear

The Premier League is getting more and more ridiculously competitive with Unai Emery coming in and Pellegrini returning. Every point will matter.

I think Emery is a "meh" appointment. Failed with a black chequebook at PSG and though did very well at Sevilla is not really a tier 1 manager. I think Arsenal are more than catchable (though posibly not by us).

54 minutes ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

Man Utd to make some big signings, and everyone to talk about how this could finally be their season. It will turn out not to be their season. 

Straight mahrez for pogba swap? You know if he comes here suddenly he would be awesome again. Lol

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

It's the big 7 now Wolves are back, didn't you know?

Wolves = Barcelona lol lol only on foxestalk. I'm starting to hope they do a Derby and get fecked over every week and relegated before Easter.

I think it's about time some on here changed the bed sheets.

I could understand The Bear getting carried away. But it seems he's not taking the drugs some of our fans are.

11 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

The Premier League is getting more and more ridiculously competitive with Unai Emery coming in and Pellegrini returning. Every point will matter.

I think Emery is a "meh" appointment. Failed with a black chequebook at PSG and though did very well at Sevilla is not really a tier 1 manager. I think Arsenal are more than catchable (though posibly not by us).

It's not exactly hard to 'fail' at PSG is it? Unless you win the league and champions league you have failed. 

16 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Wolves = Barcelona lol lol only on foxestalk. I'm starting to hope they do a Derby and get fecked over every week and relegated before Easter.

I think it's about time some on here changed the bed sheets.

I could understand The Bear getting carried away. But it seems he's not taking the drugs some of our fans are.

They'll be in the top 4 this season. At least that's what some of their fans believe...

9 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Foxestalk featuring Wolves and Burnley. Both of which will be in their rightful place below Leicester City next season. There's my input. 

WHAT! Your not having a bet on Wolves getting a European spot?

14 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Foxestalk featuring Wolves and Burnley. Both of which will be in their rightful place below Leicester City next season. There's my input. 

As valuable as your posts about the possibility of Emery coming here.

Edited by ZeGuy

1 hour ago, 4everfox said:

It's not exactly hard to 'fail' at PSG is it? Unless you win the league and champions league you have failed. 

Yep but he lost the title to Monaco despite PSG having won the league the previous 3 years, and despite outspending them heavily.

And in both seasons in the Champions League, his team bottled it. Lost 6-1 away to Barcelona after being 4-0 up and and lost to Real Madrid despite outplaying them away but then capitulating at home. First season they finished below Arsenal in their groups. 

Both Ancelotti and Blanc won more trophies than him in their reign in charge an without spending 300M+ on new forwards.

Emery is by no means a bad manager. In fact he's a good one, but in my opinion it's not as strong an appointment as Allegri, Simeone, Enrique, who they were linked with. I'd say the 5 teams above them all have better managers than Emery. And given that Arsenal have the weakest squad of the top 6, I'm not sure he's the man to propel them. That's great news for the rest of the chasing pack, although between us, Everton and now West Ham it's going to be competitive and that's not factoring in surprise packages like Burnley in the season that's just ended.

14 hours ago, The Bear said:

If the big clubs come calling this summer we'll turn their bids down. 

Only if he makes a fuss will we have to let him go. Which he won't because he's a nice sensible lad. And he knows it's best for him to play every week for us for at least a season rather than risk moving too early. 

Not going to under-estimate your potential or your players, but don't under-estimate the pull of these clubs and how much it can turn their heads. It's depressing but it's reality.

11 hours ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

Man Utd to make some big signings, and everyone to talk about how this could finally be their season. It will turn out not to be their season. 

I'm amazed people think they're in with a shout. Whatever Mourinho had he's lost. This year proved that. I'm not even talking about their awful games against the weaker sides, but they've lost a final to a dodgy Chelsea side, gone out of the Champions League to a weaker Sevilla side than the one we knocked out and gone out of the League Cup at Bristol City. All this with the likes of Sanchez, Martial, Lukaku, Rashford, Pogba etc... in their side.

I honestly think Mourinho's a bit of a dinosaur. If that group of players can't look good going forward there's something seriously wrong. I don't think adding Bale (who I see their big signing being) will transform it.

• Like 2