Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Liverpool are probably a goalkeeper away from winning something. How Jordan Henderson led out a team in the UCL final I do not know (and credit to him for sticking it out), but the two midfielders they have signed are much better.

That said, Klopp's style of play is very hard to play for 38 games in a row. Their style is better in big matches, but hard to grind out results over the course of a league, whereas Guardiola's style probbably has the opposite effect.

7 hours ago, The Bear said:

I agree with Cardiff and Huddersfield. 

Can't choose between Watford, Brighton, Southampton, West Ham or Wolves for the other spot. 

Fixed it for you :D

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Spicer said:

Liverpool signing Kieta and Fabinho. They are really strengthening!

I've had a couple of quid on them winning the league, if those two keep up their form in our league, then they've upgraded massively. A couple more players and they are set for a challenge I think.

I see the despicable odious papers have it in for Raheem Sterling again, and he continually rises above it. 

What has Sterling done to deserve this much hate? 

****ing reprehensible degenerate *****.

He can’t win, if he spends his money he’s ‘flashy’, if he doesn’t he’s ‘cheap’. They did one article about him going out for breakfast ffs. 

12 minutes ago, Wookie said:

He can’t win, if he spends his money he’s ‘flashy’, if he doesn’t he’s ‘cheap’. They did one article about him going out for breakfast ffs. 

The one where he was shopping in an Aldi (I think it was) was stupid. "Sterling earns £150k a week but was seen shopping in Aldi!!!!!!!!!".

I hate the Sun. I hate the Daily Mail. I hate tabloids. 

Edited by Fox92

Getting a massive tattoo of an assault rifle is a bit weird though (even accounting for his reasons). I don't buy this as another case of The Sun's Sterling witch hunt, which is obviously wrong. If Harry Kane had done the same it would have been on the front page of the Sun, too. 

15 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Watford at 2/1 is decent

I reckon they'll survive again. They often find a couple of gems even if they are as bad as us for going on horror runs.

I do think they're a contender but don't think they'll actually drop. I'm struggling for obvious alternatives though. Suppose the likes of Fulham and Brighton have got to be considered.

1 hour ago, Poznan34 said:

Getting a massive tattoo of an assault rifle is a bit weird though (even accounting for his reasons). I don't buy this as another case of The Sun's Sterling witch hunt, which is obviously wrong. If Harry Kane had done the same it would have been on the front page of the Sun, too. 

The FA twitter account made a joke about Kane and then issued an apology for it. Sterling gets abuse from tabloids but the FA don’t protect him?

42 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

The FA twitter account made a joke about Kane and then issued an apology for it. Sterling gets abuse from tabloids but the FA don’t protect him?

I'm not sure how that's linked. It's not up to the FA to protect players from the media. The FA apologised to Kane because it made a joke about him. 

3 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

how is not not another case of it? 

They clearly don't like him and have some kind of weird obsession with him. Constantly trying to bring him down and in turn, the national side down. He's one of our best players and take him out of the equation and the squad is weakened somewhat. 

The lad can't win.

Goes for breakfast - gets slaughtered
Drives a flash car - gets slaughtered

Pays for home improvements at his mum's house - gets slaughtered
Goes to Primark - gets slaughtered

The media need to leave him the fvck alone.