Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

He's already said he has no intention of leaving. 

That's nice but the reality is big clubs will cherry pick players from the likes of Leicester and Wolves as they please. Chelsea nicked Kante from us when we were champions and they finished 10th. 

• Like 1

Just now, Koke said:

That's nice but the reality is big clubs will cherry pick players from the likes of Leicester and Wolves as they please. Chelsea nicked Kante from us when we were champions and they finished 10th. 

He had a get out clause

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

He's already said he has no intention of leaving. 

Wolves....OR Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal?

If any of Big Six come calling, he is 99% gone.

If he plays well, he will be snapped up in January....if he plays badly, it means Wolves will be struggling.

Edited by lancyclaret

34 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

He had a get out clause

True. He still chose to leave us for a club who finished midtable, for the simple reason Chelsea are a bigger club with a higher ceiling than Leicester. Likewise with Wolves.

18 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Wolves....OR Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal?

If any of Big Six come calling, he is 99% gone.

If he plays well, he will be snapped up in January....if he plays badly, it means Wolves will be struggling.

It's the big 7 now Wolves are back, didn't you know?

I don't know why people say that the step up from the Championship to the PL isn't huge.

The gap from 6th to the rest is mindblowingly big but the rest of the division is full of good teams or teams that have a lot of good players but are let down by horrendous management.

Look at Stoke. They've got a more than handy side. Yes it was in need of a bit of a freshen up but there's no way they should have gone down. A good manager will have them promoted next season, no problem.

We've just signed a 20m right back, have 30m strikers out on loan and we finished only 9th. The division is a right slog. Wolves should look at that bracket including sides like Watford and Bournemouth as their target. I think they'll get something like 14th/15th, probably get a few handy away points at big sides that'll steer them clear of trouble. I actually expect them to get a real good pasting on opening day should they come up against one of the better sides in the league. It'd be good for them, too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

I don't know why people say that the step up from the Championship to the PL isn't huge.

The gap from 6th to the rest is mindblowingly big but the rest of the division is full of good teams or teams that have a lot of good players but are let down by horrendous management.

Look at Stoke. They've got a more than handy side. Yes it was in need of a bit of a freshen up but there's no way they should have gone down. A good manager will have them promoted next season, no problem.

We've just signed a 20m right back, have 30m strikers out on loan and we finished only 9th. The division is a right slog. Wolves should look at that bracket including sides like Watford and Bournemouth as their target. I think they'll get something like 14th/15th, probably get a few handy away points at big sides that'll steer them clear of trouble. I actually expect them to get a real good pasting on opening day should they come up against one of the better sides in the league. It'd be good for them, too.

not sure what spending over the odds on rubbish players has to do with teams being good? burnley, everton, us and Newcastle all finished in the top half this season and were all absolutely woeful for more of the season than they weren't. Newcastle went from odds on to go down to odds on to finish top half cos they won about 3 games. this league is horrendous, man city and maybe Liverpool aside. 

Just now, ScouseFox said:

not sure what spending over the odds on rubbish players has to do with teams being good? burnley, everton, us and Newcastle all finished in the top half this season and were all absolutely woeful for more of the season than they weren't. Newcastle went from odds on to go down to odds on to finish top half cos they won about 3 games. this league is horrendous, man city and maybe Liverpool aside. 

It doesn't matter what you think of this league by itself, it matters what you think of this league in comparison to the Championship.

The step up is monumental. I can't believe people think otherwise.

The bit about money just shows that you don't gain success just by spending money, which seems to be Wolves' game plan.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

It doesn't matter what you think of this league by itself, it matters what you think of this league in comparison to the Championship.

The step up is monumental. I can't believe people think otherwise.

The bit about money just shows that you don't gain success just by spending money, which seems to be Wolves' game plan.

can't work out how people can claim it's that big a step up when none of the promoted teams last season went down? bar huddesfield who are massively punching the other two never really looked like going down in the run in either. it's a rubbish league and if wolves keep any of their half decent players, not to mention probably add more, they'll be absolutely fine. 

they will need to finish above three of Watford, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Cardiff, whoever else gets promoted, probably burnley, palace and Newcastle too. that is a very easy task. 

1. I Have a feeling that an underdog will win the league next year. (Or maybe it's Spurs' year)
  2. won't be surprised if wolves got European football.
  3. Arsenal will do surprisingly well next year.

Edited by the fox

24 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

Newcastle finished in the top 10 this year after coming up, and they are rubbish. 

And Sunderland were nearly relegated.

Wolves won't make top half of the table but it's nice for them to dream .

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

And Sunderland were nearly relegated.

Wolves won't make top half of the table but it's nice for them to dream .

sunderland? 

they'll probably not make the top half but they easily could with a decent summer window, based on the fact that 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th this year were rubbish. don't see why they shouldn't be aiming to be around that level. 

but who knows, good summer windows and teams getting their act together could see the likes of us, Southampton, everton and others actually being alright next year. they've all got decent players but they've all been rubbish for a few years. 

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

can't work out how people can claim it's that big a step up when none of the promoted teams last season went down? bar huddesfield who are massively punching the other two never really looked like going down in the run in either. it's a rubbish league and if wolves keep any of their half decent players, not to mention probably add more, they'll be absolutely fine. 

they will need to finish above three of Watford, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Cardiff, whoever else gets promoted, probably burnley, palace and Newcastle too. that is a very easy task. 

I think you're arguing a different point to me.

Watch a game of the Championship and then watch a game in the PL.

The quality difference is night and day and I agree, the Premier League isn't all that.

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

Newcastle finished in the top 10 this year after coming up, and they are rubbish. 

Exactly. Their side is a "Championship" side on paper - people talk of "Premier League proven players" (which I don't think exists) and they've got players like Dwight Gayle.

I think you have to realise, when you hear the "league is horrendous" line, and then comparisons to teams that havent gone on big unbeaten runs to prove theyre brilliant, is that in the championship, lets say Cardiff was Wolves' hardest game.

In the Premier League, that AT LEAST is coming every single week.

Its never a comparison because you never see a relegated side like West Brom, at its full strength, when it kicks off in the Championship.

If you had this current West Brom team, and didnt lose anyone you wanted, then made the additions you felt were necessary in certain positions, id feel confident that team would push hard for promotion.

And thats a team that spent the whole season at the bottom of the Premier League.

The teams that look "dross" in the Premier League are playing each other. Both teams on the field are very, very good.

You could see how difficult it was for Huddersfield, Brighton and Newcastle to score goals. Huddersfield survived BARELY. Brighton ground their way to survival, in a way that fans would interpret as negative and dull.

The reality is, what can you do? youre the underdog and its very very hard.

• Like 3