Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

21 minutes ago, The Bear said:

As Cairney said straight after - Football won. 

Bloody hate that saying. The team who scored the most goals won. If football was won on technique Real Madrid wouldn't be on their way to yet another European Title and Arsene Wenger would be the most decorated Premier League manage of all time. 

I can't stand the likes of Pulis, Bruce, Warnock etc either but they are all part of the 'beautiful' game. You are commenting on a forum of a side that absolutely sh*thoused their way through a few games on the way to the greatest sporting upset in history because it was necessary, sport isn't about being pretty it's about being effective. Apart from certain exceptions like gymnastics of course ;).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, David Guiza said:

Bloody hate that saying. The team who scored the most goals won. If football was won on technique Real Madrid wouldn't be on their way to yet another European Title and Arsene Wenger would be the most decorated Premier League manage of all time. 

I can't stand the likes of Pulis, Bruce, Warnock etc either but they are all part of the 'beautiful' game. You are commenting on a forum of a side that absolutely sh*thoused their way through a few games on the way to the greatest sporting upset in history because it was necessary, sport isn't about being pretty it's about being effective. Apart from certain exceptions like gymnastics of course ;).

Winning is great

Winning with style is fantastic

I know what I prefer 

10 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

What a rag tag team we were! The magnificent Willis, Ormo, Gibson, Walsh up front, in my darkest memories Coatsworth played but the mind plays tricks.

Of course he played.  How could you forget that assist/cross that came down with snow on it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Oh, no! Fulham promoted! Two more defeats for LCFC as they quiver and wet their pants at the prospect of playing another team from London.

They were a bogey team of ours back in the day so we probably will lose to them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Todays Daily Star.

Prem star pays male lover £10k to keep quiet. As he's in fear of being outed if found out.

lol lol The silhouette on page six looks just like Harry Kane lol lol 

That's embarrassing.

But reading The Daily Star?

...That's really embarrassing!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Todays Daily Star.

Prem star pays male lover £10k to keep quiet. As he's in fear of being outed if found out.

lol lol The silhouette on page six looks just like Harry Kane lol lol 

I wish I was that male lover

44 minutes ago, murphy said:

That's embarrassing.

But reading The Daily Star?

...That's really embarrassing!

It's what you get for sending the mrs to the shop. 

42 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He doesn't read it. He just looks at the pictures. :jawdrop:

lol lol and you can feck off lol lol 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, weller54 said:

free-vector-horse-silhouette-clip-art_118824_Horse_Silhouette_clip_art_hight.png

Actually had to explain why I started to laugh out loud at this during my inlaws family bbq in lovely Enfield.....it took some considerable explaining with a straight face.... now currently stood on my own with not one person even trying to attempt to make idle chit chat.....Love Foxes Talk sometime ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Here's how the table would look if Sky Bet get it right...

1. Manchester City — 8/13 to win title

2. Liverpool — 9/2 to win title

3. Manchester United — 7/1 to win title

4. Chelsea — 11/1 to win title

5. Tottenham — 12/1 to win title

6. Arsenal — 25/1 to win title

7. Everton — 25/1 to be relegated,

8. Leicester — 14/1 to be relegated, 200/1 to win title

9. Southampton — 9/1 to be relegated

10. Wolves — 6/1 to be relegated

11. Bournemouth — 11/2 to be relegated

12. West Ham — 5/1 to be relegated, 500/1 to win title

13. Newcastle — 5/1 to be relegated, 750/1 to win title

14 . Crystal Palace — 9/2 to be relegated

15. Burnley — 10/3 to be relegated

16. Brighton — 5/2 to be relegated

17. Fulham — 5/2 to be relegated, 1000/1 to win title

18. Watford — 2/1 to be relegated

19. Huddersfield — 11/8 to be relegated

20. Cardiff City — 5/6 to be relegated

I think a lot of pundits will incorrectly assume Burnley will struggle due to European commitments, I'm not convinced they'll even get to the group stage.