Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Heard Wolves had triggered a clause in his contract, but not sure if they actually signed him, and thus Stoke seem to be in the queue shortly afterwards and is set to move there?

Not sure how they'll do next season tbh, they could either do excellently or languish with Forest, Sheffield Wednesday etc in mid-table.

He is definitely a wolves player, signed him for £10 million and stoke have put a £12 million bid in for him and apparently it’s been accepted 

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

I know he has dyslexia but I still can't stand Merson, or understand why everyone on Soccer Saturday thinks he's hilarious. 

Yeah dyslexia, but he still struggles with names he's heard over and over. 

Hes, a pundit,pundit ex-footballer,ITS Just Entertainment.

I enjoy Listening to all of them,I might on any day agree or ,disagree with their various Views and

Opinions...I just cant get that tight on disliking any of them,....ITS all Part of the Game.

I wish some Fans,who Show disdain towards any of the ex-players/pundit,should come Up with

a super Alternative/presentation that makes everybody so Happy and content.

We are all Football Fans,ITS in our DNA to be moronic and self-opinionated...

I dont expect from ex-players, to be unbias,wise ,or be articulated in their Presentation,they are

Football crazy,contraversial Football-wombles Just Like us.

They are Not and never will be News-presenters.Its fun and they are Like

any group of guys discussing their macho povs, around a Pub Table. 

What ffs, do Fans expect. Give the Guys a Break,their time on the Pitch has gone ,

Better group of Experts you wont find.....which Shows everyweek,

'Experts' are No more wiser,or knowledgable than the adoring fanatical supporter,that once

Cheered,and jeered their individual Football careers...Just relax,and enjoy their various utterings.

If I want an Higher Plane/Level of articulated,intellectual,debate,...then I wait until Games and

Post Interviews have finished,then I Turn to the Channels,'Discovery/History/ National Geograhic.

I am a simple Lad,I prefer the serious and humerous malarky on MOTD,or Gillette super saturday,

Than "Question-Time" Muppet discussions....:scarf:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Heard Wolves had triggered a clause in his contract, but not sure if they actually signed him, and thus Stoke seem to be in the queue shortly afterwards and is set to move there?

Not sure how they'll do next season tbh, they could either do excellently or languish with Forest, Sheffield Wednesday etc in mid-table.

When I first read that sentence I genuinely thought you were referring to Wolves and meant the season after next.

6 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Have Wolves signed Neymar yet? And if not, why not?

He is Brazilian, can speak Portuguese and so would fit in well for their goal of world domination.

Getting a little jealous of the money? :p 

3 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

He is Brazilian, can speak Portuguese and so would fit in well for their goal of world domination.

Wouldn't get in ahead of Afobe. 

4 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

Can we have a Wolves to finish above Burnley wager? 

Porto fans must be pissed lol - lost both their primary right-backs in the space of two weeks, first their Portugal senior squad international, now their most promising young defender in years.

Dalot's off to Manchester United for £19m.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44380881

Rumour has it he could be loaned straight to Wolves.

Edited by MC Prussian

3 hours ago, lildave3 said:

Can we have a Wolves to finish above Burnley wager? 

If Burnley can finish 7th with a £60 million wage budget, Wolves - with their huge wealth - should easily match that by finishing 7th (probably should be higher).

Anything less than 10th would be a massive underachievement by Wolves, especially if they land some of these top stars they are being linked with.;)

2 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

If Burnley can finish 7th with a £60 million wage budget, Wolves - with their huge wealth - should easily match that by finishing 7th (probably should be higher).

Anything less than 10th would be a massive underachievement by Wolves, especially if they land some of these top stars they are being linked with.;)

So that's a no then.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

THAT WOLVER'AMPTON AN THAR MANY POUND NOTES! 

Have Wolves got as many "pound notes" as Leicester, though?:)

Can Wolves win the title in 2019/20?

I like Burnley being the PL paupers and upsetting the odds;) It's nice to be acknowledged as one of the very few teams to achieve promotion (three times) and qualify for Europe without the help of rich backers/sugar daddy.:)

Edited by lancyclaret

1 minute ago, lancyclaret said:

Have Wolves got as many "pound notes" as Leicester, though?:)

Can Wolves win the title in 2019/20?

I like Burnley being the PL paupers and upsetting the odds;)

Yeah the paupers that spent like 15m on a striker to get promoted from the second division. 

Paupers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah the paupers that spent like 15m on a striker to get promoted from the second division. 

Paupers. 

Who was that then? Do you mean Andre Gray, who cost £6 rising to an eventual £9 million (ask any Luton or Brentford fan - they got the add-ons). Anyhow, the Gray money was almost totally covered by the £8 million sale of Danny Ings to Liverpool.

Maybe you are getting mixed up with the £15 million for Chris Wood - paid for out of the £18 million we got for Gray.

4 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Who was that then? Do you mean Andre Gray, who cost £6 rising to an eventual £9 million (ask any Luton or Brentford fan - they got the add-ons). Anyhow, the Gray money was almost totally covered by the £8 million sale of Danny Ings to Liverpool.

Maybe you are getting mixed up with the £15 million for Chris Wood - paid for out of the £18 million we got for Gray.

I apologise it was 12.4m and yes I mean Andre Gray. 

The idea that Burnley, or Huddersfield or really any Premier league team is a pauper is really redundant now tbf. 

We all earn such a disgusting amount of money from prize money, television revenue and sponsorship. Of course its still relative, generally speaking Burnley and Huddersfield aren't going to get in to the Champions League but the idea you're some plucky underdog lucky to even be here let alone breaking the top half is daft. 

4 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Our profit is nearly double that of Manchester United in second place.

We really should be challenging for a top 4 place next season.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/06/premier-league-finances-club-guide-2016-17

Those were the figures leading up to end of May 2017.

Things have change significantly since then in the past twelve months, with the lack of Champions League and Premier League monies and a much higher wage bill, we've fallen down the pecking order quite substantially in terms of revenue.

Just now, lancyclaret said:

Yeah, we upset the odds as we normally do. The bookies had us to be relegated with Huddersfield and Brighton - not qualify for Europe.

Nobody will remember you finishing 7th 3 years from now 

2 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Probably not. In 50 years, not many will remember LCFC winning the title in 2015/16.

Do you remember Burnley winning the title in 1960?

yes they will lol 

no-one cares about Burnley tbqh.