Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Not happening

“As I had said previously, I had no intention of sacking David this season. Subsequently David – being the great man he is – came to us and made it clear that he needs a break from the rigours of football management.

I don't understand any logic or reasoning as to why any fan would be happy with him over Puel.

1) Better the devil you know?

2) Wagner's record is hardly spectacular or even remotely notable in the Premier League.

3) There's no guarantee with any manager they'll do well, but surely a bigger 'name' would have a better chance of succeeding if Puel was replaced? What's Wagner done to say he'll be any better than Puel - as far as I'm aware Huddersfield hardly play a great 'brand' of football which is what everyone desires of our team right now.

4) If he did make his way here, how long do fans give him before getting on his back lol ?!

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 1

He’s achieved a wonderful promotion with them but do people really think we should replace a guy who has us top half, bringing academy players into the side with a guy who survived against the odds last year, is rock bottom this year and tactics to get a result at our place were to play a high line, the only side in the bottom 6 to play that way at our place and they shipped three goals! Not like they progressed in the cups either :ph34r:  Granted he’s a decent manager but I’m not sure he’s the answer. He wants time out anyway 

He's not been backed in the transfer market since their first window. His team still played good football, their players seemed to trust his ways and gave everything they could for him.

I don't think it would work out well for him here though, if we were first season in the Prem or even still Championship I'd agree but I think were a big job at the moment and you want someone here who can keep a calm grip over everything to keep pushing forward

I think they know they’re going down and he’ll be quite sought after. So they’re already planning ahead to next by getting a manager in that will see through this season and then be ready for the championship etc.  

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't understand any logic or reasoning as to why any fan would be happy with him over Puel.

1) Better the devil you know?

2) Wagner's record is hardly spectacular or even remotely notable in the Premier League.

3) There's no guarantee with any manager they'll do well, but surely a bigger 'name' would have a better chance of succeeding if Puel was replaced? What's Wagner done to say he'll be any better than Puel - as far as I'm aware Huddersfield hardly play a great 'brand' of football which is what everyone desires of our team right now.

4) If he did make his way here, how long do fans give him before getting on his back lol ?!

Best comment ever. #CostheyisficklikemiandanygeeserisbetterthanpoohellInnit

Great job getting them up but they have been shocking this season.

11 points from 22 games and worse than Fulham and Cardiff says it all.

18 million on Kongolo lol

i get that it is a hard job, they’ve got rubbish players and not much money but to have scored 12 goals all season without even defending very well and be quite as bad as they are, that’s impressive. 

theyve deffo got a better squad on paper than cardiff and surely wagner would’ve been able to attract better players than warnock, but they’re absolutely garbage 

Edited by ScouseFox

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Because he's shiny and different. After a few games when any bounce has worn off, the same people after Puels head now would be after his head

• Like 1

Please don't start saying you'd have him over Puel. Huddersfield scored only 55 goals when they went up, finished with a negative goal difference, and didn't score a single goal in the playoffs.

He's shite. No-one but mid-table to lower Championship clubs should be anywhere near interested. 

• Like 4