Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

2 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

You’d be deluded to think we are safe.

expecting to lose tomorrow but if we lose those two home matches against Palace and Brighton I will actually be concerned 

Exactly, need a win in the next 3 games. 

22 minutes ago, Anorak said:

Imagine if we hadn't beaten Man City and Chelsea over Xmas, the table would be scary right now!

Assuming we don't get anything tomorrow we need something from the two home games after.

Imagine we'd won at home to West Ham, Burnley and Cardiff, having battered each of them, had more shots and better chances in each game, the table would be great right now!

Oh right, imaginary "could have gone the other way" scenarios are only for bashing the manager...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Imagine we'd won at home to West Ham, Burnley and Cardiff, having battered each of them, had more shots and better chances in each game, the table would be great right now!

Oh right, imaginary "could have gone the other way" scenarios are only for bashing the manager...

Are they really? Good to know...  ....  ....

6 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:
Imagine there's no victories
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to win or draw for
And no points, too
Imagine all the supporters
Booing Puel as one
You, you may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you will join us
As we spiral towards League One
Imagine no players
I wonder if you can
No need for loans or signings
Club finances down the pan
Imagine all the fans
Heading out the door
You, you may say I'm a nutter
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you will join us
As we descend into a vortex of misery and paranoia for no fvcking reason whatsoever!

J. Lennon / A. Bentley

lol

Top work Alf :appl:

• Thanks 1

I'm not massively worried, it's a way off that yet, but if we don't sort out this ridiculous home form we're going to panic a bit and you can't keep sneering. Reminds me of the kind of comments people were making before the Newport game.

I think it's highly, highly unlikely we drop simply because while we're not hugely clear of it, there are so many teams down there in poorer positions than us.

If we don't win any of our next three, which isn't inconceivable and you all know it isn't, then I'll begin to worry a bit.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm not massively worried, it's a way off that yet, but if we don't sort out this ridiculous home form we're going to panic a bit and you can't keep sneering. Reminds me of the kind of comments people were making before the Newport game.

I think it's highly, highly unlikely we drop simply because while we're not hugely clear of it, there are so many teams down there in poorer positions than us.

If we don't win any of our next three, which isn't inconceivable and you all know it isn't, then I'll begin to worry a bit.

Because of how we perform against the bigger teams, I actually feel more worried about facing the likes of Palace, Brighton, Watford, Fulham, Burnley, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Newcastle, West Ham lol. What a feeling that they're our next 9 fixtures as well...:shutup:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Did we really batter those teams though? 

We were garbage v 10 men against W Ham and fluked an equaliser. 

Huffed and puffed in the other 2 without really deserving to win. 

You must have witnessed something I didn't ?

Just now, Hollyfox said:

Did we really batter those teams though? 

We were garbage v 10 men against W Ham and fluked an equaliser. 

Huffed and puffed in the other 2 without really deserving to win. 

You must have witnessed something I didn't ?

We definitely battered Burnley - hit the bar, had one cleared off the line, had another couple of very good chances. Cardiff we missed a penalty and a couple of good chances. West Ham we had two goals disallowed for marginal offsides (Iheanacho and Ndidi), Vardy missed a free header from 6 yards, a combined 59 shots in those three games to 29 from the opposition. I'd say we did.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Because of how we perform against the bigger teams, I actually feel more worried about facing the likes of Palace, Brighton, Watford, Fulham, Burnley, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Newcastle, West Ham lol. What a feeling that they're our next 9 fixtures as well...:shutup:

The final three games being against Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea actually suits us lol I weirdly view Arsenal as one of the most winnable home games, ignore it's Arsenal, they're nothing too special, a shambles defensively and likely to be guaranteed a 5th or 6th placed finish by then.

If we can sort out our home form against the poorer teams there will be no concerns. The Palace and Brighton games are the tests to see if we're any nearer to that.

Failure to get a decent return from those two games, and I think people will start panicking a bit more, especially given those two are the two just below us.

The table's been split into three tables all season, and all year we've been within that middle table fluctuating between 7th and 12th, but we're now 12th and without some points in those two home games we'd drop into that bottom table. All of a sudden a bit of pressure comes to us and you just don't know how we'll handle that.

I'm not worried yet but we've got to start getting some wins. We've got 1 point in 4 games, and 4 defeats in 6. Weirdly it seems like Merseyside is the only place we avoid defeat lol 

7 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

We definitely battered Burnley - hit the bar, had one cleared off the line, had another couple of very good chances. Cardiff we missed a penalty and a couple of good chances. West Ham we had two goals disallowed for marginal offsides (Iheanacho and Ndidi), Vardy missed a free header from 6 yards, a combined 59 shots in those three games to 29 from the opposition. I'd say we did.

I'd say they were tight games. 

They usually are with Burnley, who are no pushover. 

Cardiff wasn't great and our penalty was harsh on them tbf - a draw would have been a fairer result but we kept inviting them to shoot towards the end and paid the price. 

West Ham was dreadful and I think Claude was probably gone after that if the terrible accident hadn't have occurred. 

Not anti Claude, but you're spinning it

20 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

• Like 2

Questioning whether we could've done with getting Wood back. His time at Leeds really billowed his flame but just a loan there might not have had the same effect, his goal record also isn't the best with something like 50games/15goals for Burnley in the Premier League - I don't think our fans would be happy with that.

Coming into what should be his prime now though, better than Iheanacho unless he completely turns it around(he hjas the time but do we have the patience?). Only thing you would ask of Wood is how long have his legs got left, he's been playing senior football regularly for nearly a decade, he's 27 and had intermittent injury problems here if I remember correctly.