Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Considering all the bashing Burnley have had (quite rightly, they’ve been poor) and how much the Europa League qualifications ‘derailed’ and was pointed towards as the reason, they’re only 5 points behind us. 

Jahancarrierbag or whatever his name was looks awful.

Kicked the ball like he expected it to weigh 5x as much as it actually does

edit: just figured out why I've been calling him that in my head watching him - Brighton's kit click here

Edited by Jaspa

I reckon it will soon be nail biting time. 8 points off the drop and our last few games aren't exactly easy especially if Man City still have something to play for in May.  Fulham and Huddersfield are really falling behind and that leaves 1 team to fill the drop zone. Hopefully it's not Leicester 

3 minutes ago, LCFC72 said:

I reckon it will soon be nail biting time. 8 points off the drop and our last few games aren't exactly easy especially if Man City still have something to play for in May.  Fulham and Huddersfield are really falling behind and that leaves 1 team to fill the drop zone. Hopefully it's not Leicester 

It's not just us that have Manchester City and Chelsea to play, the rest do too. Plus they've all got to play each other. We'll be nowhere near the bottom 3.

Do people just look at the table and not consider other teams have tough games too.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

We are 500/1 to go down for a reason. 

No way do way get dragged into it with only effectively one place left.

Probably only need another five points.

56 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Questioning whether we could've done with getting Wood back. His time at Leeds really billowed his flame but just a loan there might not have had the same effect, his goal record also isn't the best with something like 50games/15goals for Burnley in the Premier League - I don't think our fans would be happy with that.

Coming into what should be his prime now though, better than Iheanacho unless he completely turns it around(he hjas the time but do we have the patience?). Only thing you would ask of Wood is how long have his legs got left, he's been playing senior football regularly for nearly a decade, he's 27 and had intermittent injury problems here if I remember correctly.

Toothache is better than Iheanacho.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

what was he sent off for?

Dissent it seems.

Apparently our goal wasn't a corner although it actually came from a 2nd phase in play rather than direct from the corner.

They were pretty toothless tbh and took off Sigurðsson/Richarlison quite early on in the 2nd half.

9 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Southampton fan caught doing Aeroplane gestures to Cardiff fans. Morons.

As bad as this is and as much as Southampton should take action against them I’m shocked that the police took action. I mean what crime could they of committed?

I find Everton's situation very interesting. They replaced Allardyce because his football wasn't great to watch but are doing worse without him, despite spending a lot of money for a few years in succession now.

Listening to their fans, the way they play sounds a lot like us.

• Keeping possession for long periods of the game and thus controlling the game, but not doing anything with it.
  • Keeping the same formation and style of play despite it not appearing to work.
  • Rotating the team when it seems like a bad idea.
  • Too much sideways passing.

Despite this their owner seems to hint that he will still with the coach. It will therefore be interesting to see if both us and Everton keep our respective managers in the summer. Both clubs seem to be inline in thinking about creating a plan for the future and sticking with it like Guardiola and Klopp, but will they actually follow through?

One thing that works in our favour is that if both managers go, if we are in for Rogers (as we are led to believe), then we won't have to go against Everton for him as I don't think Rogers could go there for safety reasons having previously been Liverpool manager!