Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Robert Huth to Leave at End of Season

hmm one of our best ever defenders and he was a target of none other than NP. 

another very shrewd signing at the time who went on to be a huge influence on Morgan and our great escape and title win.

he's not some fancy, super-expensive la-de-da player but NP spotted a solid, influential mountain of a defender.

could do with some new signings of this sort of quality tbh. 

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

What a man. Desperately hope he's involved tonight. Even if he's not fit to play I want him to have a chat with the Birch or something.

Doesn’t it say he will be on the pitch pre game?

I don't think anyone underestimates what an important signing he was for us in our great escape and championship winning season.

Our upturn in fortunes since the start of 2015 can be traced back to Huth's arrival and I'm so thankful for his enormous contribution to the club.

It's a massive shame that injury has wiped out this season making him a bit of a forgotten man, at least we'll be able to show our appreciation for him tonight.

1 minute ago, F1_AN said:

Doesn’t it say he will be on the pitch pre game?

I haven't read the link yet to be fair, but I hope that doesn't just mean he gets a run out at quarter past 7. I hope we as fans get the chance to give him the send off he deserves.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, F1_AN said:

The man who single handedly made Morgan look like he’d actually played in defence before 

Morgan often looked lost,when we signed huth it was like he matured as a defender and read the game better,

huth imo was a massive influence on Wes Morgan’s career 

• Like 2

Remember his first game on loan and I couldn't believe we had a defender who didnt look like he was shitting himself at the back. Even remember being impressed he was capable of a pass along the floor under pressure. Morgan looked a different player under Huth's leadership.

What a player he ended up being for us.

• Like 1