Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Robert Huth to Leave at End of Season

8 hours ago, davieG said:

More people in the stadium than at half time I would think.

a lot do sack off the half time piss/queue for a pint of something genuinely good is happening at half time, though. as long as it’s communicated obviously. 

shouldve just brought him on injured in injury time for a lap of honour and to elbow someone. 

1 minute ago, David Hankey said:

Why didn't we terminate his contract when we knew he wouldn't play again. He's been coming back since October!!

Probably because his contract was over at the end of the season anyway and we're not a bunch of *****?

• Like 4

What a legend this bloke is, very underrated, and such a good centre half he managed to make Morgan look good just by playing alongside him. We have badly missed his organisation and leadership this season, would love to have seen him alongside Maguire. He will be very hard to replace.

Thank you Huth for all you did for us and good luck in whatever you go on to do next.

• Like 1

Probably because I'm well hungover, but that brings a tear to my eye. You know he means every word he says. The guy's a class act and as people have said before, our best signing ever. Changed our team. Legend

• Like 2

A run of 50 games and only 4 defeats ...  we are not talking about opinions here,the facts dont lie...he speaks a lot of sense and probably knows the premier league about as well as any player who's played in it..whos decision  was it to bring him here from Stoke ?

14 minutes ago, drofmor55 said:

A run of 50 games and only 4 defeats ...  we are not talking about opinions here,the facts dont lie...he speaks a lot of sense and probably knows the premier league about as well as any player who's played in it..whos decision  was it to bring him here from Stoke ?

Big Nige. The board rejected the move initially. Stating his injury was too much of a risk. Nige and his team eventually persuaded to board late in the Jan window and the rest is history.

On 19/05/2018 at 08:29, dmayne7 said:

Probably because I'm well hungover, but that brings a tear to my eye. You know he means every word he says. The guy's a class act and as people have said before, our best signing ever. Changed our team. Legend

Spot on. I'm not hungover and it brought a tear to my eye. I hope he makes the odd half-time reappearance in future to get some acclaim. He's earned it.

He came across differently in that interview: more thoughtful and perceptive than I'd have expected, and a bit emotional in a quiet way. I'd imagined him as very dry, almost cynical before - though ultra-focused and professional.

Some might do a double take at "our best signing ever" and cite Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, or players from previous decades. But there really is a case for that claim. Could we have stayed up without him in 14/15? Probably not.

So, that alone stakes a claim for him as most crucial ever signing. Without that, Kante would never have played here and if Vardy & Mahrez had blossomed, it probably would have been at another club as we'd have been in the Championship in 15/16.

That's before you think of his contribution in 15/16. There were some crucial goals at Spurs & Man City, but my main memory is just feeling that our defence was almost invincible with him and Wes in the centre of it, fullbacks tucking in & N'Golo blocking the supply lines. However much possession an opposing team had and however many crosses or passes they put in, it came as a shock if opponents scored or created a clear opportunity. Brutal, superhuman discipline and consistency from Huth over those 18 months.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1