Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Robert Huth to Leave at End of Season

I propose a joint testimonial with Kingy, it's usually for charity nowadays anyway so Kings City team mates past and present v Huth's former team mates (Chelsea, Boro, Stoke, Germany). Then offer him a job as a defence coach. And name a street after him. 

• Like 1

Our rock in defense, the key element that stabilized our back four and made us so successful in the first place.

I'm not sure Morgan with another centre-back partner would've performed that well than with Huth.

Pearson is a strong believer in building a team from the back, then add creativity in midfield, plus a striker with an eye for a goal - five out of the first eight signings in the summer of 2008 were defenders (Morrison, Tunchev, Powell, Gilbert, Hobbs).

Once you have that solidity, you can build from there. It builds confidence and influences the rest of the team.

That's how important Huth was for us.

Danke für Alles, Robert! Auf Wiedersehen!

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, SystonFox said:

I’m gonna get the YouTube clip of him heading in against Spurs tattooed on my leg.

one my fave goals ever

the greatest headed goal of all time imo. never seen anything like it. 

Sad for him that his last season has been a total non-starter. Deserved to go out on a massive high. Hopefully he will get some pitch time, even if its only a few minutes, at Tottenham away for one final appearance.

Will miss everything from his wrath of god style defending to his Twitter account. Favourite memory was the header away at Spurs. The most Huth goal you'll ever see, proper nutted it. Thank you for everything Huth! :scarf:

What a legend and all round top bloke. The difference (and confidence) he instilled in our back 3 great escape year was phenomenal. We will never ever have a centre half like Huth ever again, and I doubt the premier league will either. 

Those goals at Ethihad/WHL too...

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Dunno why he didn't come out at HT but got a well deserved applause anyway.

Yes, thought it would be better at half-time but there you go.

Glad I could applaud him anyway, a true leader at the back and a figurehead. All the best Rob.