Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Patrick Roberts

3 hours ago, Premierfox said:

These decisions are going to be pivotal in our season success, Vardy up top, Pivot in mids, Maguire at the back, we just need pivot to pivot.

Pivot, Pivot pivot pivot

PIVOT

Our MAIN problem last season was our lack of PIVOT at vital times. FACT. Get your fkin pivots out this season lads ffs.

i dont see us spunking 20 million on a right back and spending less and signing a pretty inexperienced winger whos only ever played scottish football to replace world class mahrez.

Edited by les-tah

9 hours ago, toddybad said:

I'm passed caring, just need something to happen to stop me having pointless arguments with irritating mods.

That's a bit unfair, Toddy.

You can't use the plural just because one of them suffers from the Dunning–Kruger effect.

This won't be a direct replacement for Mahrez. It will just be adding another talented young player to our ranks. 

I expect us still to sign another more experienced top winger or no.10.

I have always thought we will need to sign 2 or even 3 players to try and fill the huge void Mahrez will leave us in creativity. 

I think Roberts will be starting on the bench for us next season and used mainly as a sub, so he can develop and hopefully start making an impact.  

• Like 1

If we can get Felipe Anderson plus one of Roberts, Maddison or Grealish (preferably Maddison) then it wouldn't be the end of the world. All hinges on getting Anderson or someone with similar quality though. If we end up getting 2 youngsters with potential, we could be in trouble.

45 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

This won't be a direct replacement for Mahrez. It will just be adding another talented young player to our ranks. 

I expect us still to sign another more experienced top winger or no.10.

I have always thought we will need to sign 2 or even 3 players to try and fill the huge void Mahrez will leave us in creativity. 

I think Roberts will be starting on the bench for us next season and used mainly as a sub, so he can develop and hopefully start making an impact.  

As the kids say...... THIS.  x

1 minute ago, Gerbold said:

You can't field two or three players - no matter which individual you're trying to replace.

I can't help but reiterate that, notwithstanding his creativity, this isn't a huge void to fill - because Mahrez himself has consistently failed to apply himself, week-in - week-out, to be that indispensable, irreplaceable player. It's actually time he went - in fact over the time he should have been allowed to leave. Those games in which he has shone, post '15-'16, have been negated by the greater number of games he has performed sub-par in, and we cannot have forgotten his tantrum last transfer window, can we?

Lazio have rejected an offer of €38m from West Ham for Anderson - according to the 'Tuesday's Gossip' on Red Button. On the Leicester City hour on RL the Italian 'correspondent' consulted about him, suggested £50m might be the figure which would prise him away from the Romans. Apparently he doesn't have Mahrez' subtlety and vision, but, if we get the player the journalist described, then there would (hopefully) emerge a consistency of performance.

Mahrez' excellence was the basis of City winning the Prem. Subsequently his fitful star has glowed and dimmed according to how he felt from game to game. A team that wants to go places cannot afford to have a guy like him as a key, kick-off player.

50 million Euro, not Pounds Sterling - according to the press in Italy.

1 minute ago, Gerbold said:

You can't field two or three players - no matter which individual you're trying to replace.

I can't help but reiterate that, notwithstanding his creativity, this isn't a huge void to fill - because Mahrez himself has consistently failed to apply himself, week-in - week-out, to be that indispensable, irreplaceable player. It's actually time he went - in fact over the time he should have been allowed to leave. Those games in which he has shone, post '15-'16, have been negated by the greater number of games he has performed sub-par in, and we cannot have forgotten his tantrum last transfer window, can we?

Lazio have rejected an offer of €38m from West Ham for Anderson - according to the 'Tuesday's Gossip' on Red Button. On the Leicester City hour on RL the Italian 'correspondent' consulted about him, suggested £50m might be the figure which would prise him away from the Romans. Apparently he doesn't have Mahrez' subtlety and vision, but, if we get the player the journalist described, then there would (hopefully) emerge a consistency of performance.

Mahrez' excellence was the basis of City winning the Prem. Subsequently his fitful star has glowed and dimmed according to how he felt from game to game. A team that wants to go places cannot afford to have a guy like him as a key, kick-off player.

I don't dispute any of that. It's time for him to go, and we can move forward as a club when he does.

That doesn't change the fact that we're short of a genuine number 10 even with Mahrez though. I assume we'll be going 4-2-3-1 next season, so we need 2 creative players to come in- why not go for some real quality? We've already got Diabate and Gray with potential.

2 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

That was what I heard on RL - now I could have misheard - my hearing and my assumption that he was talking £s rather than €s could have been awry. But  - if the difference of 10% (about) between the two currencies is all that's standing between City bidding to hire a player of his quality then it's chickenfeed.

£7m buys us one of Thorgan Hazard's leg already.