Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Patrick Roberts

12 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I heard we were trying to get Foden instead of Roberts even on a loan deal. I don't know it it's true or not. 

I know they've just offered him a new deal. A loan deal to a EPL team would make sense for everyone. 

14 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I heard we were trying to get Foden instead of Roberts even on a loan deal. I don't know it it's true or not. 

As part of the Mahrez transaction or not? Because if it would be it seems negligible.

15 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I know they've just offered him a new deal. A loan deal to a EPL team would make sense for everyone. 

There was a story the other day that he won't be going out on loan

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/no-loan-for-foden-as-city-prepare-for-contract-talks-kk6p83cqs

Edited by Stevosevic

20 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Foden on loan would be so dumb. Hr wont get a game here and I'm not keen on developing a man city player instead of just buying someone else.

Agreed, I believe we're big enough to develop our own players or buy to keep.

I think with Nacho improving in the role it's highly unlikely it's going to happen anyway.

19 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

People SAY they want to develop our own talent then absolutely crucify them when they play poorly just like they do with Chilwell.... They do e it with Moore too. Other players like Lawrence didn' get a look in when he was here, just like Barnes and Thomas aren' getting much of a whack at it now. 

People SAY they want to develop our own players yet expect them to be fully developed, turning in solid performances every week by the time they get in the first team.

I can't disagree with anything you say. That's the nature of the modern game sadly. Look how long it took Vardy to make his mark and settle in the team. Mahrez had the Talent but lacked the experience and physicality. It takes time to build a Team with the necessary skills to compete regularly in the league, and fans should realize that.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I can't disagree with anything you say. That's the nature of the modern game sadly. Look how long it took Vardy to make his mark and settle in the team. Mahrez had the Talent but lacked the experience and physicality. It takes time to build a Team with the necessary skills to compete regularly in the league, and fans should realize that.

But they also spit the dummy out if we sign a player over 30...... 

11 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Foden on loan would be so dumb. Hr wont get a game here and I'm not keen on developing a man city player instead of just buying someone else.

Not again anyway...

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

You can’t blame them, if your club was in the position to do so wouldn’t you want them to?

Perhaps true, but just another example of their transfer policy making a mockery of the idea of financial fair play. (some might say)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Rather sign Shaqiri & Maddison. Not sure we can gamble on a Mahrez replacement. At least with Shaqiri you know you'll get a decent return (5-10 goals& assists). 

A combined incoming transfer for Shaqiri (RW) and Maddison (no.10), to replace an outgoing Mahrez, would be ideal, for me. You’d get that combo for £40m too!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

A combined incoming transfer for Shaqiri (RW) and Maddison (no.10), to replace an outgoing Mahrez, would be ideal, for me. You’d get that combo for £40m too!

Add £25m for Grealish then in my eyes that’s the Mahrez money reinvested wisely. 

Imagine signing Maddison, Grealish & Shaqiri!! :wub:

Just now, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Add £25m for Grealish then in my eyes that’s the Mahrez money reinvested wisely. 

Imagine signing Maddison, Grealish & Shaqiri!! :wub:

Id like to see us mould grealish into a box to box CM rather than a CAM. He seems to have the attributes to play in a double pivot with Ndidi for example or another defensive CM. 

• Like 1

Just now, ronnup said:

Some people aiming very low here. Are any of these pampers hat much better than Diabate or Gray? I see Silva in the ten, Gray and Diabate fighting for wide spots. 

I agree with the first statement about us aiming a bit low seemingly but Silva as a 10? Surely not buddy!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Some people aiming very low here. Are any of these pampers hat much better than Diabate or Gray? I see Silva in the ten, Gray and Diabate fighting for wide spots. 

Yeah, might be aiming a little low, but realistically who we gonna be able to attract? I’d like Thorgan Hazard, but he’ll be off to a Champ League team, as will Zyiech.

7 minutes ago, ronnup said:

I agree, we have better pampers hats already,

12 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Yeah, might be aiming a little low, but realistically who we gonna be able to attract? I’d like Thorgan Hazard, but he’ll be off to a Champ League team, as will Zyiech.

Maybe if they both came here, they will be playing in the Champions League soon...

6 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

It'd cost less than £40m - Shaqiri's got a release clause of about £12m, and no way would Maddison cost £28m.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1