Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Patrick Roberts

19 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

40 appearances in 2 years in the SPL. 

Doesn't sound that exciting to me.

Been injured most of this season.

43 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

Let’s bare in mind that he’s played for Man City and Celtic,with world class around him at city and terrible opposition to play against at Celtic,

my point us like iniachio maybe we should lower our expectations of him should he sign,for reasons stated above 

Now that's quite unique.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I can see this deal happening. Man City want Mahrez; he wants to leave. Roberts wants PL football which he won't get at Man C. He has represented England at each level from U16 to U20. I guess he may only have just recovered from injury when this deal was previously discussed, but if we've seen him play recently and are satisfied with his performance, I'd be happy. (Well, as much as possible as it wouldbe diasppointing ot see Mahrez leave)

£60 million + Roberts and I think Man City have got a deal we ought to seriously consider. As much as I don’t want Mahrez in the PL, if the richest are getting even richer it doesn’t bother me as much as say, Arsenal or Chelsea.

44 minutes ago, AjcW said:

He was the sticking point in Mahrez transfer collapsing last time as he didn’t want to leave Celtic mid season. 

So were clearly after him. 

That's right, Sky were reporting that we wanted 90M (!) for Mahrez with Roberts as part of the deal as a ready made replacement. Can't say I know too much about the player, but it's clear the scouting team like him as a result.

Anyway, no transfer thread is complete without the mandatory YouTube highlights reel, so fresh out of the oven ladies and gentleman I give you...

Totally different league, but looks like a good player. Some of his play is dare I say it... Mahrez-esque?

45 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

Not sure on him really, hard to judge coming from the SPL. Scott Sinclair bangs them in for Celtic but he wasn't up to much in the Premier League. 

SPL players are hit and miss. You could get a Gary Hooper or you could get a Virgil van Dijk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

He was the sticking point in Mahrez transfer collapsing last time as he didn’t want to leave Celtic mid season. 

So were clearly after him. 

Really? I thought it was Mangala who was offered and we didn't want him.

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

That's right, Sky were reporting that we wanted 90M (!) for Mahrez with Roberts as part of the deal as a ready made replacement. Can't say I know too much about the player, but it's clear the scouting team like him as a result.

Anyway, no transfer thread is complete without the mandatory YouTube highlights reel, so fresh out of the oven ladies and gentleman I give you...

Totally different league, but looks like a good player. Some of his play is dare I say it... Mahrez-esque?

Look at Garry Hoopers highlight reel, SPL take with a pinch of salt

• Haha 1

In Scottish so see a good bit of him and he looks like a cracking wee player but if you put dimmy Gray in that Celtic team, it's hard to see him look any worse. So quite hard to tell. Ability wise it's worth a gamble but what worries me is that he always seems to be Injured. 

On a side note. If we did get him, id DEFINATELY look to get Kieran Tierney to play at LB behind him. They are a different class when playing beside each other.