Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Patrick Roberts

48 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I'd prefer we brought back Bobby Roberts! 

Now you are talking........He is probably still more mobile than Wes .

• Like 1

I've seen Robert's quite a bit over the last two years. Last season he didn't play much due to injury. He is not a replacements for Mahrez as he is an out and out winger whereas Mahrez could drift in to midfield. He is very skilful, easily beat players and can score goals. Currently he is some way off Mahrez's quality. He needs to get his future sorted and his next move is massive. He needs to go to a team where he will get first team football. On that basis I'm not convinced moving to the Foxes would be a good move for him.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Has he fully recovered from his injury. Bit risky to be taking on another injured player like Maddison. What's the chance of the "3" being Roberts, James and Maddison? (Not the guy from colombia)

Given Matty James isn't an attacking midfielder I'm going to guess very low.

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 16:14, HighPeakFox said:

For the record, I reckon the Mods are off their Rockers. 

Sorry, just wanted to use the pun. Totally irrelevant (and probably unfair) too. 

Not at all. We should be allowed to take the mods on the beach and kick feck out of them. 60's re visited lol lol 

17 hours ago, Deebhoy said:

I've seen Robert's quite a bit over the last two years. Last season he didn't play much due to injury. He is not a replacements for Mahrez as he is an out and out winger whereas Mahrez could drift in to midfield. He is very skilful, easily beat players and can score goals. Currently he is some way off Mahrez's quality. He needs to get his future sorted and his next move is massive. He needs to go to a team where he will get first team football. On that basis I'm not convinced moving to the Foxes would be a good move for him.

Prem is likely to be a big step up for him..

On 07/07/2018 at 21:38, Alex_LCFC said:

The fact that man city are willing to loose 5m from what they paid for him, kind of tells me that they dont rate him too highly 

They didn’t rate Tripper either and let him go...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MPH said:

Prem is likely to be a big step up for him..

Yes it would be.  He has potential of that there is no doubt but he needs to kick on and play regular first team football to develop that potential, otherwise I'm not sure he would develop quickly enough.  His injury has cleared up - it wasn't anything serious like Maddison, but the recovery was slow.  I really don't want to get into a pishy debate about Scottish football, but Maddison spent a season recently at Aberdeen and hardly set the world alight.  Sometimes you buy potential, PR is certainly that.  The debate is whether Leicester need another squad player or first team players.  Mahrez will be massive loss not just the goals but his link up play in particular.  Leicester have bought well so far, but they are a team that needs to hit the ground running at the start of the season.  Defensively they have bought well, they may well lose something going forward however. Is Paddy the answer if Mahrez goes - not at this point in my opinion, but a season under his belt with a good few games he could next season.  But who knows - he could grab his chance.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Deebhoy said:

Yes it would be.  He has potential of that there is no doubt but he needs to kick on and play regular first team football to develop that potential, otherwise I'm not sure he would develop quickly enough.  His injury has cleared up - it wasn't anything serious like Maddison, but the recovery was slow.  I really don't want to get into a pishy debate about Scottish football, but Maddison spent a season recently at Aberdeen and hardly set the world alight.  Sometimes you buy potential, PR is certainly that.  The debate is whether Leicester need another squad player or first team players.  Mahrez will be massive loss not just the goals but his link up play in particular.  Leicester have bought well so far, but they are a team that needs to hit the ground running at the start of the season.  Defensively they have bought well, they may well lose something going forward however. Is Paddy the answer if Mahrez goes - not at this point in my opinion, but a season under his belt with a good few games he could next season.  But who knows - he could grab his chance.

In fairness, Mahrez has a failed loan spell in Scotland too...

and Harry Kane didn’t have a a very good loan spell here either..

i guess my point is that you really cant tell anything from loan spells.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MPH said:

In fairness, Mahrez has a failed loan spell in Scotland too...

and Harry Kane didn’t have a a very good loan spell here either..

i guess my point is that you really cant tell anything from loan spells.

Not entirely true regards Mahrez. 

The story is that he had a trial when he was young and left because he hated it there / it was too cold. 

He never kicked a ball in a Scottish professional game. 

You're right on Kane though, or Lingard, or several others.