Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Patrick Roberts

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

So do I. And he has, unlucky with a hamstring this season. 

He's a better player than Gray with much more potential.

Ha ha ha ha 

right of course he is 

mate he has stalled the injury is an excuse he isn’t a top 10 premier league regular 

that my humble opinion 

no one crying on kerrydale street 

9 hours ago, sylofox said:

By that l take it you mean before Shaqiri entered the pie eating competition with GTF?

No Sylo, I did not mean that.

I'm off to find the 'Could easily have been a football scout if I wanted and they still won't listen' thread.

11 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Ha ha ha ha 

right of course he is 

mate he has stalled the injury is an excuse he isn’t a top 10 premier league regular 

that my humble opinion 

no one crying on kerrydale street 

I reckon he's a cracking talent that's had a tough year or so through injury and the fact his ceiling is higher than Celtic, if anything. 

Tremendous talent. No John McGinn, but still class.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I reckon he's a cracking talent that's had a tough year or so through injury and the fact his ceiling is higher than Celtic, if anything. 

Tremendous talent. No John McGinn, but still class.

Ok we will see I guess 

What do the Celtic fans think about him? A number of players have come from there and done very well in the league; Van Dijk and Wanyama in recent-ish seasons.

The most exciting thing about the Ricardo signing is that all of the Porto fans think he is one of their best players AND that we got him on the relatively cheap.

I'm just dubious about the level he's been playing at, Scott Sinclair is awesome in the SPL and no one would want him here.

I wouldn't mind Roberts but would not want him to be a direct Mahrez replacement. Someone like T. Hazard and Roberts as well would be good.

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I'm just dubious about the level he's been playing at, Scott Sinclair is awesome in the SPL and no one would want him here.

I wouldn't mind Roberts but would not want him to be a direct Mahrez replacement. Someone like T. Hazard and Roberts as well would be good.

Hazard and Elyounoussi would be a massive show of intent by us in replacing Mahrez or even enhancing the chances of him staying. Imagine those two and Mahrez behind Vardy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hazard and Elyounoussi would be a massive show of intent by us in replacing Mahrez or even enhancing the chances of him staying. Imagine those two and Mahrez behind Vardy.

Elyounoussi, Roberts, Diabate, Albrighton and Gray would be more than decent wing options going in to next season I reckon.

I appreciate that we may never be able to find anyone to fit Mahrez's boots.

But we could at least try, I don't think that Roberts is the answer, maybe in the future, certainly not in the season to come.

Sign him by all means, but the full weight of the task will be too much for him, therefore will need someone to help shoulder that.

I'm a fan of Patrick Herrmann for borussia mönchengladbach (I know, I play too much FIFA), think he could do a pretty good job for us as well and a bit more experienced.

10 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

The lad has talent alright, I'd just worry that if he's injury prone in Scotland then he's likely to miss a bit part of every season in the premiership.

18 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Said goodbye to Celtic on his twitter account so won't be going back there.

Very underwhelming if he is coming here and anybody who thinks he is a good

replacement for Mahrez is living in the land of clouds and cuckoos. 

It's not about getting a replacement for mahrez.

People need to understand this we will not get a replacement for mahrez or close to his calibre. 

We are looking to get the balance right for the team to build a team capable to push for top 6 and beyond.

Roberts is a very good player from what I have seen however the jury's still out to whether he can have such a great form in the prem to what he did in the SPL

• Like 4

Come on guys lets be real here Roberts has not set the world alight in Scotland.... far from it! 

Just a reminder on the level of scottish football in the SPL, Aberdeen who are the second best team in the SPL are looking at more league one reject players from Brentford.

Is this the standard of players we should be looking at if we are trying to kick on into the top 6 positions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grumpy old git said:

Come on guys lets be real here Roberts has not set the world alight in Scotland.... far from it! 

Just a reminder on the level of scottish football in the SPL, Aberdeen who are the second best team in the SPL are looking at more league one reject players from Brentford.

Is this the standard of players we should be looking at if we are trying to kick on into the top 6 positions.

Who was that kid we got from Fleetwood ???

He's turned out alright.

Just because he's not playing in a top league doesn't mean he won't be a top player.

Hes a very good player atm and in time he will become a top player. If we get him now and it turns out he does become a top player then we there fore have found another gem.

For the price we can get him we would be fools not to push for him to sign.

People need to stop being so naive in thinking players that play in a league or 2 below us are not good enough.

At this moment in time we are not as good as you think.

I'd rather take the gamble on him at 15 mill than take a punt on hazard or Elyounoussi's at 30+ mill when all 3 have the same traits.

• Like 1

On 14/05/2018 at 07:04, Bozman said:

If this deal is on the table i'd take it, but would also demand the buy back clause of Nacho removed too because he looks better every game.

Agree with the sentiment. Whilst I would agree with anybody who says "well he wont get in their team, so why would they?" would their also be an option for them to buy him back at a low price and then sell him on at a considerable profit? If so then their would be a motivation to buy him back.

56 minutes ago, nettle said:

Is he any good at tracking back because whoever plays on the right side will need to because Pereira is rapid and will be overlapping loads.

Hopefully Ndidi will sit back a bit more to cover our full backs if they get caught out

3 hours ago, nettle said:

Is he any good at tracking back because whoever plays on the right side will need to because Pereira is rapid and will be overlapping loads.

Assuming ofcourse he plays on the right for us. He plays on the left for Celtic. 

As for tracking back. Anytime I've saw him for Celtic, he plays on the left with Keiran Tierney who is a very attacking fullback and they always seem to have it covered between them.