Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Patrick Roberts

I am absolutely undisputably certain about Roberts' capabilities and have formed an opinion that I will share once I have seen 15mins of his debut in one of our preseason friendlies. I will be wearing the appropriate footwear, however, should I need them.

116444.jpg

Edited by sphericalfox
  • Like 1

Worth a go at £10m but I'd be concerned if he's the only player we bring in to replace Mahrez. Him and another top level winger who can come in and hit the ground running and I'd be pretty satisfied. We're going to have a lot of potential in wide positions, but nobody at the level we need at this stage.

We could potentially be at the better end of this deal.

£50m (allegedly) for Mahrez plus a young talent in the shape of Roberts, a promise for the future.

I suppose with add-ons, we're likely to get even more money in with time, once certain criteria are met.

At the moment, I have my doubts whether Mahrez will be able to replicate his scintillating form with us for Manchester City, loads more competition for places up there. And he's getting nearer the critical age of 30.

And Roberts could turn out the real deal on the right wing - I think he's equally talented as a central attacking midfielder, so could push Maddison to some extent (healthy competition and all). Plus, he's English.

Imagine having homegrown players like Vardy, Chilwell, Maguire, Maddison, Roberts in your starting XI.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

We could potentially be at the better end of this deal.

£50m (allegedly) for Mahrez plus a young talent in the shape of Roberts, a promise for the future.

I suppose with add-ons, we're likely to get even more money in with time, once certain criteria are met.

At the moment, I have my doubts whether Mahrez will be able to replicate his scintillating form with us for Manchester City, loads more competition for places up there. And he's getting nearer the critical age of 30.

And Roberts could turn out the real deal on the right wing - I think he's equally talented as a central attacking midfielder, so could push Maddison to some extent (healthy competition and all). Plus, he's English.

Imagine having homegrown players like Vardy, Chilwell, Maguire, Maddison, Roberts in your starting XI.

Could have some good English and young talent in Puel’s usual 4-2-3-1: 

Schmeichel 

Pereira

Maguire

Evans

Chillwell

Silva

Ndidi/Choudhury 

Roberts

Maddison

Gray

Vardy

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Schmeichel 

Pereira

Maguire

Evans

Chillwell

Silva

Ndidi/Choudhury 

Roberts

Maddison

Gray

Vardy

Wot no Wes??  You do know he picks the Team, or did.

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Schmeichel 

Pereira

Maguire

Evans

Chillwell

Silva

Ndidi/Choudhury 

Roberts

Maddison

Gray

Vardy

Not going to lie I would be terrified if we lined up against United like that ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

But barring Roberts & Gray is that not the nucleus of the team for the season?

Who in current squad would you have in & who do you believe we should be looking at as other options?

If Mahrez was there instead of Roberts would you still be terrified?

i think your in for a long hard season my friend ?

14 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

I know what you mean, but maybe with Pereira instead of Simpson the fear of having no width would be reduced.

Having 2 attacking fullbacks would change the dynamic enough that maybe such a systém with such players would be effective for us now

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Schmeichel 

Pereira

Maguire

Evans

Chillwell

Silva

Ndidi/Choudhury 

Roberts

Maddison

Gray

Vardy

That team would probably end up in a relegation scrap.

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Yeah maybe. You’d better get used to it though, as let’s face it, it ain’t gonna be much different to that, is it?

I'd much rather we play a front 2 of Vardy and Iheanacho with Maddison in behind them.

6 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Yeah maybe. You’d better get used to it though, as let’s face it, it ain’t gonna be much different to that, is it?

Too much inexperience, relying on the likes of Chilwell, Roberts, Gray and Diabate week in week out will probably bite us in the ass.

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Not that keen on this but it could work out.

Bit like selling Vardy and bringing in tammy abraham as a replacement

Perhaps, but I don’t think we can look at any of this summer’s transfers in those terms. 

There are few players out there who are at Mahrez’s level, and even fewer who would give up Champions League football to come here.

We’re certainly going to take a hit in Mahrez’s spot but we just have to hope that we can make up the difference with enough quality in that position plus upgrades elsewhere on the pitch (Evans, Maddison and others). 

There's also a financial upside to buying young players that could protect the club in case things go haywire while we’re investing in an expensive new training facility and looking into expanding the stadium.