Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Patrick Roberts

I'm passed caring, just need something to happen to stop me having pointless arguments with irritating mods.

1 minute ago, Leeds Fox said:

We’re very unlikely to sign Maddison, Grealish and Roberts this summer though.  

I can see us getting Maddison and Roberts 100% Grealish ain't worth the money being quoted

19 minutes ago, richardsfoxes said:

We're slowly turning into England u21, Gray, Chilwell, Maddison, Grealish, Roberts.

Thats a good thing, young English talent... Bring it on  

2 minutes ago, StevieB said:

I can see us getting Maddison and Roberts 100% Grealish ain't worth the money being quoted

I agree with that but if we see all 3 come in I imagine we’ll move Gray on. Having almost all of our creativity coming from a combination of Gray, Maddison, Grealish and Roberts won’t cut it I don’t think. 

Chances are Roberts will come if it suits us in the Mahrez deal. Maddison could be our answer to a lack of creativity in the middle. Grealish would be a massive waste of money if we pay what Villa want for him. Money that could be used to buy a quality CB. 

Unfortunately we seem to have too many high earners who will be difficult to get a decent fee for, meaning we’ll be stuck with them, hampering our ability to improve the squad in some areas. Slimani, Musa, Mendy, Gray for example. Granted they aren’t all on huge wages but if they aren’t playing it’s a waste of millions over the course of a season. 

On 01/06/2018 at 14:20, OhYesNdidi said:

Id like to see us mould grealish into a box to box CM rather than a CAM. He seems to have the attributes to play in a double pivot with Ndidi for example or another defensive CM. 

Wow yeh a double pivot of Ndidi and Grealish with Albrighton and Diabate or Roberts as wide way faring pivots would be great. Then Vardy and Iheanacho as central net pivot penetrators and then a rear pivot prevention unit of Maguire and Evans alongside rear wide pivot prevention officers Fuchs and ferreira with a central net pivotal guard like Kasper - we’d smash it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

please no, we need a like for like replacement. We've already got enough promising wingers and this man has been average in a pub league

The thing is, a like for like replacement would likely end up being our record signing, and our record signings have a clear history of not turning out very well - Slimani, Musa, Mendy, Kramaric, Ulloa to an extent, Mills, Akinbuyi, Eadie, Draper.

Then there's the added pressure too.

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

The thing is, a like for like replacement would likely end up being our record signing, and our record signings have a clear history of not turning out very well - Slimani, Musa, Mendy, Kramaric, Ulloa to an extent, Mills, Akinbuyi, Eadie, Draper.

Then there's the added pressure too.

Think hiding behind bad scouting in the past to not go for someone big enough to fill his shoes is a poor argument tbh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

please no, we need a like for like replacement. We've already got enough promising wingers and this man has been average in a pub league

People need to realise that we will never find a direct replacement for Mahrez. He's one of a kind. When he leaves, we'll need to change the play and find players to fit a new system. We need to find creative players most definitely, but a like for like replacement will be impossible to find. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

Wow yeh a double pivot of Ndidi and Grealish with Albrighton and Diabate or Roberts as wide way faring pivots would be great. Then Vardy and Iheanacho as centrI al net pivot penetrators and then a rear pivot prevention unit of Maguire and Evans alongside rear wide pivot prevention officers Fuchs and ferreira with a central net pivotal guard like Kasper - we’d smash it.

You've got to pick a pivot or two! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Wow yeh a double pivot of Ndidi and Grealish with Albrighton and Diabate or Roberts as wide way faring pivots would be great. Then Vardy and Iheanacho as central net pivot penetrators and then a rear pivot prevention unit of Maguire and Evans alongside rear wide pivot prevention officers Fuchs and ferreira with a central net pivotal guard like Kasper - we’d smash it.

These decisions are going to be pivotal in our season success, Vardy up top, Pivot in mids, Maguire at the back, we just need pivot to pivot.

Pivot, Pivot pivot pivot

PIVOT

• Haha 1