Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Allardyce gone - Shaky, Walsh and NP available?

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Sorry mate - I can  state that Pearson wouldn’t have won the league. 

Just wouldnt have happened - we would have stayed 3-5-2 and had a bloody good season but we wouldn’t have eeked out all those 1-0 wins when the pressure was on (probably wouldn’t have been in a position to need to anyway)

Ranieri was the man to see what the squad Pearson had built needed tactically tweaking and to manage the expectations and pressure. 

So,

Without Pearson we wouldn’t have won the league 

without Ranieri we wouldn’t have won the league

Think that's quite fair really,  they both deserve credit in different ways. 

Just reading the Everton forum, and boy are the taking the p*** out of Steve Walsh. The fans seem to hate him, cos of all his failed signing. They were all positive of him 2years ago when he joined them, now they are telling him to f*** off. I think he struggled with big money signing, but he's quite good buying unknown cheap players. Should we have him back home.

32 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Can you really not see how dramatic Ranieris repositioning of players and tactics were so very different to NPs ? Do you really think it was down to players 'peaking' at the right time? ???

probably a mix of both you can't say it was all down to Ranieri's tactics, laughable.

16 minutes ago, Webbo said:

When I heard them say on the radio  that 2 premiership teams had sacked their managers today I was really hoping one would Puel. :( 

Don’t worry Webster when your cause is right and your conviction just you can never be truly defeated 

4 minutes ago, KJT said:

Just reading the Everton forum, and boy are the taking the p*** out of Steve Walsh. The fans seem to hate him, cos of all his failed signing. They were all positive of him 2years ago when he joined them, now they are telling him to f*** off. I think he struggled with big money signing, but he's quite good buying unknown cheap players. Should we have him back home.

It seems their DOF is responsible for sorting out the manager, as Brands has immediately been tasked with getting Marco Silva in. Allardyce was hired under Walsh's recommendation too. And it's therefore highly likely that Walsh was behind Everton's illegal Silva approach which will now cost them at least 12m compensation.

I'd have him back in a heart beat (Walsh), the bloke put together three title with winning teams for us. A different remit and a different focus perhaps (there are question marks on his choices of big money signings).

He won't be short of offers.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Think that's quite fair really,  they both deserve credit in different ways. 

Yehhh.  but..!...  If you ASK around the snot nosed Players ,they  thought it was all their doing.

Managers were only worth of a few Air bumps,a few  Beer Showers and an ICE bucket..!!

Even ASK in this Forum...great escape,Change Made by Players..Title year..tweeking in

pairings and groups to Play No nonsense RAF football.

Year after title,let us Play how we Like...Shot Up the Table.

This season fk tactics,let us Playhow we like,by reading Foxestalk Experts..

Shiiiiiit boyo who needs a Manager.??  !!:cool:

46 minutes ago, Corky said:

Just move on. They've had their time with us, did very well but we need to look elsewhere.

If we are getting rid of Puel there is literally not a single reason that we shouldn't try to round up the old gang again.

I like how people are saying that Pearson wouldn't have done what Ranieri did.

It's a nothing statement, you can not know for certain, what happened was unprecedented.

• Like 1

Just listening to Talksport news, they have announced Steve Walsh is leaving Everton, being replaced by PSV DOF Marcel Brands ( he sounds very technical/cool). Really feel sorry for Walsh, cos he wanted to go back to his roots in the north west, but it's not worked out. Feel sad for him

5 minutes ago, KJT said:

Just listening to Talksport news, they have announced Steve Walsh is leaving Everton, being replaced by PSV DOF Marcel Brands ( he sounds very technical/cool). Really feel sorry for Walsh, cos he wanted to go back to his roots in the north west, but it's not worked out. Feel sad for him

Why feel sorry for them. They are in football. It's unstable and cut-throat and they are financially well rewarded because of that.

He'll be fine - just don't want him here - or Pearson.

We need to move on - it's bloody Martin O'Neill all over again, can't we just move on.

45 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Jeezzzzz, this has to be one of the worst threads ever on FT. Can't we just give the NP vs CR thing a fookin' rest.

There are too many fans looking back with rose tinted specs.  The pearson years were great for us.... but our challenges are different now.  I doubt that these three are right for us now.

However the reality is that the owners have to decide. ..... puel?   Or if not then some one better (a strong leader able to communicate well with our staff.... ).  Frankly there is better than puel available.  I am no np brown noser but hed be better than Puel. 

Alladyce would sort out big time charlies out... and hed love a crack at europe.

Silva will go to everton. ... how come we lose out to everton every time?

Ronald koeman was one of the best coaches in the pl when at southampton.  I would go koeman... then alladyce then pearson.  Puel can easily be bettered

Edited by foxinsocks

30 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Jeezzzzz, this has to be one of the worst threads ever on FT. Can't we just give the NP vs CR thing a fookin' rest.

Forum and Pub banter...People will be jossing for centuries,. Grandad dads,uncles Grankids,their Grankids

the odd granny.  Time immemorial,Stamped and weatherproof  in the Leicester pysche and history..

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Forum and Pub banter...People will be jossing for centuries,. Grandad dads,uncles Grankids,their Grankids

the odd granny.  Time immemorial,Stamped and weatherproof  in the Leicester pysche and history..

Sounds like a great forum.... do you have a link?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

I'm just pointing out some points in response to Donut mate not having a dig a Ranieri, it is true though he didn't have a lot to do in the grand scheme of things apart from manage the team of which he done absolutely perfect and we 'probably' never would have won it without him though so there ya go! :P

Just his face though man, think of his beautiful, friendly uncle face.  He could do anything he wanted to me.  :)

It does seem that there's too much of an obsession with Pearson, and that some even prefer him to Ranieri (despite the obvious success magnitude difference).

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 2

I appreciate that contracts in football don’t work like this, but from a King Power football perspective, wouldn’t it make more sense for Pearson, Shakespeare and Walsh to run the gaffe in a context, league and language they have great experience and expertise in, and for Puel to coach in his native tongue in Leuven with Macia using his European connections to recruit?

if I was Vichai, that’s what would be going through my mind. Got the right people in the wrong jobs. 

Just a thought. 

• Like 3

Reasons why Pearson may be back:

- If the owners were so enraged with the events in Thailand which led to Pearson's sacking why would they employ him again at Leuven? Surely, it's a way of easing him back in again, just in case he was needed at a later date? They obviously respect the guy. 

- He's a safe pair of hands. Eventually, he did a decent job in the 'great escape' season, with some average players (De Laet, Konchesky, James). Made some excellent signings - Mahrez, Vardy, Drinkwater, Simpson, Morgan, Huth, Cambiasso, Albrighton, Fuchs, Okazaki. Compare that to the shambles that we have seen in the past two seasons

- Likely to have the respect of Vardy, Mahrez and Schmeichel. Perhaps Mahrez may stay if Pearson is coming back?

- The Premier League is pretty poor, and Pearson is more than a match for the likes of Hughton, Woy, Hughes and co

- With Shakey and Walsh accompanying him, we have a team of three that can hit the ground running

- Give him money to spend on players who have proved themselves in the Premier League, rather than shipping them in from Portugal, France etc, and a top eight finish should be accomplished.

If we can't get someone like Wagner in, I would go for Pearson and his mates.

• Like 3